Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/21/15 14:12

HCthenemesis
Website

Thinking of dropping out of college *NEED HELP!*

Guys, remember me? I am in a deep trouble. I was working on my operating system project since 2 years.. And now I am in college doing B.Tech (Comp Sci) in India. Friendships and relationships seem to trouble me.. And I haven't worked a single bit since the past 4 months!!! My blog.. Oh my! Last month I wrote an article.

Please.. Any advise is welcome..

Cheers,
HC

Steering my life towards a new direction...

#2 12/21/15 16:12

Delano762
Website

Re: Thinking of dropping out of college *NEED HELP!*

First of all: don't take me wrong, but asking such a question on a forum or any other place in the internet isn't a particularly good idea tongue

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#3 12/21/15 23:12

Lithium

Hmm, elaborate on your friendships and relationships, are they becoming too stressful for you where they take up everything? That's the impression I get.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#4 12/22/15 08:12

HCthenemesis
Website

@Delano762 this section is for off-topic threads.

And I tried all anonymous chat rooms, friend help etc... I really am in a pathetic state now. :'( And what better place than some good ol' friends here? I guess the experiences can help me a bit.

@Lithium Exactly. They are like a black hole.. sucking my life real bad. Friendships.. oh well.. I remained isolated in life.. so I am pathetic at it. And oh... the girl.. I have been the one-sided lover sad  She responded in bits and pieces.. she has a loser nerd bf *ugh!*

Crap man! I can't even say it clear now. :'(

I have my mega project towards which I should be working.. but.. BAM!

EDIT: Dropping out of college seems a great option.. but at the same time.. very risky! Tell me what to do... any help is appreciated. I'm nearly crippled.

Last edited by HCthenemesis (12/22/15 08:12)

#5 12/22/15 18:12

Lithium

friendships and relationships can be important but i'd argue that when you're young and working on something it's better to drop them or not let them affect you as much, I know how it feels to be lonely and such but there's no reason to let them affect you as much as they're doing right now, especially to the point where it's causing you to contemplate dropping out. What are you going to even do after that?

I can't say much since I do not know the details but it's concerning that you're thinking of dropping out for that. Is it just the relationships that affect it or are you actually having problems with the actual work?

Last edited by Lithium (12/22/15 21:12)

#6 12/23/15 01:12

HCthenemesis
Website

I'm going to be 20 in April.. and my past has been hell.. trust me. I was in an all boys school (St. Columba's, India, just in case) and in the last 5 years of school life.. it's been dramatic. I have been a loner who's had.. like.. 300+ fights.. lost only 3. But that's not the case for the instant girl love..
Whatever be it, I would say this thing .. the relationships and friendships.. are affecting it.. and I have not been able to work on my mega project ever since. Here, unlike other students I do not need or want a placement since I chose my own path. So college is hardly of any benefit to me.

But dad's keen on saying his own thing.. (important in India) that you will remain unemployed for 15-20 years.. so I also thought of making some applications before the OS owing to the 5+ years of the software industry research (unofficial) experience I have.

The love has kinda been more disturbing to me *blush*.. but.. is it a black hole or a nice thing? I don't know. Maybe it will destroy my project. Maybe not. But the pursuing part will for sure.

I don't know.. the roads are tangled.. can't figure out the straight roads of life. My friend tells me not to drop college and try and take all and balance it.. but any obstacle and the OS won't be built.

Also, there is a magical incline.. towards computer science.. so much that I can't even do physics, chemistry and math properly. I want to let the magic remain as it is.

I know I should not be so open about my life on the Internet, but that's how I could ask for help from you guys.

#7 12/24/15 01:12

Lithium

Nothing wrong with being open if you feel you need to talk to someone about it. I just don't know what to say since I feel I'm walking through a minefield here.

#8 12/24/15 03:12

HCthenemesis
Website

Hey, don't be afraid. I ask you for your opinion. Just think a lil bit and say whatever you feel. Just... Just say!

I can understand.. mine's a crazy life... but whatever be it. No one's gonna end your existence lel tongue

#9 12/24/15 18:12

Lithium

My personal opinion is that if this relationship is not only being harmful to your school but also your own personal self, then I think you should drop it. I let something like that affect me horribly when I was younger, it forced me to realize that I had depression issues, I completely rejected myself and my studies and failed junior year of high school, got like 1 credit which is fucking pathetic. It's not worth it to drop school, something that can affect your life so much later on, over something like troublesome relationships, sometimes those people can just disappear from your life without any warning, it's just not worth it to let it control your life so much. All I can say, I'm not really one to be saying things like that I guess, also in a rather mediocre condition.

Last edited by Lithium (12/24/15 18:12)

#10 12/25/15 11:12

HCthenemesis
Website

no you are right Lithium. But I don't know when did I start to love her.. It was instantaneous. I can't seem to drop it.. I have stopped looking at her... and it's working. I have failed in 5 out of 6 subjects in my 1st semester lol

Only comp sci i did like a champ... Thanks BTW. But it is not so easy to forget true love. That is the problem. I forgot my crush easily. Help me in that.

#11 06/03/16 12:06

tens

Well, during my last year in school, I fell in love with a girl and in my eyes she was just perfect and perfect for me, some of my girl friends talked to her and learned about her for me( I didn't ask them to but they kinda understood that I had a crush on her since I don't approach a girl, like, I neve....I digress). Yes, I am CBSE and I expect you to understand where I come from with that 4 letters HC. So, being an important year for me, I was pursuing an uncertain love.

Right now, I feel it was one of the stupidest things I was doing for the reason it wasn't certain. If this girl is someone who's already important, already part of your life, a couple and an unbreakable part of your life, then it's worth chasing this. But to chase after someone who will take your time, effort and your heart is something you should avoid at this point.

Love is not what those words entail. I have a girlfriend now(a fact), not the same one that I had a crush on before, and all those things I've said. Those are the things you give when you're trying to win the heart of a woman, for me, it was simple. I found a girl(sounds like a fucking predator.. jesus..she was alone, okay! I was just being nice and asking her if anything was wrong!) and we basically talked. We talked and we loved one thing after another about the other and soon we were talking all the time. It felt anti-climatic but you know what? It left me feeling fuzzy and warm when I talked to her, because it was mutual and both of us understood the other. Of course, I was wasting a lot of time just talking, often chatting late into the night, but I have no problems in life right now and can afford to do so. But, can you? 

My advice after such a long and stupid story is: Let love come naturally. You're still 20 and that means you have a long way to go. Don't be dwelling on what's in front of you. It's your life and you should ask yourself, is it worth it?

Last edited by tens (06/03/16 12:06)

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#12 12/21/16 13:12

HCthenemesis
Website

tens wrote:

Well, during my last year in school, I fell in love with a girl and in my eyes she was just perfect and perfect for me, some of my girl friends talked to her and learned about her for me( I didn't ask them to but they kinda understood that I had a crush on her since I don't approach a girl, like, I neve....I digress). Yes, I am CBSE and I expect you to understand where I come from with that 4 letters HC. So, being an important year for me, I was pursuing an uncertain love.

Right now, I feel it was one of the stupidest things I was doing for the reason it wasn't certain. If this girl is someone who's already important, already part of your life, a couple and an unbreakable part of your life, then it's worth chasing this. But to chase after someone who will take your time, effort and your heart is something you should avoid at this point.

Love is not what those words entail. I have a girlfriend now(a fact), not the same one that I had a crush on before, and all those things I've said. Those are the things you give when you're trying to win the heart of a woman, for me, it was simple. I found a girl(sounds like a fucking predator.. jesus..she was alone, okay! I was just being nice and asking her if anything was wrong!) and we basically talked. We talked and we loved one thing after another about the other and soon we were talking all the time. It felt anti-climatic but you know what? It left me feeling fuzzy and warm when I talked to her, because it was mutual and both of us understood the other. Of course, I was wasting a lot of time just talking, often chatting late into the night, but I have no problems in life right now and can afford to do so. But, can you? 

My advice after such a long and stupid story is: Let love come naturally. You're still 20 and that means you have a long way to go. Don't be dwelling on what's in front of you. It's your life and you should ask yourself, is it worth it?

My friend.. thanks for responding although it's a bit late now... almost half an year. i'm responding too late so i'm guilty as well tongue

I went through a lot since my Dec 2015 comment here... and I'm understanding this aspect of life a bit more. Now tehre's this other girl who kinda has a thing for me, but I'm pretty boring and geeky by nature. Although she's an academic topper, my boring attitude was kinda turn off for her.

Anyways, I don't mind her and I can get along her if she wishes to, but I'm okay anyways.

The girl I had issues with previously.. I talked to her later few months back to resolve issues and awkwardness. But things got a bit too complex... and BOOM! the car engine burst. Few days back she looked at me ... smilingly and I simply ignored her. Heck, she even unblocked me on WhatsApp. I don't care at this point of life.

Now I'm on a new journey of life.. and a new mission. Apparently the cause of most of tge problems in life was.. fapping. So I am getting rid of that. I'm feeling happier.. and less groggy.

Sorry for the personal rant and stories... and thanks smile

Board footer