Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/25/15 13:04

Nobody

Sorry, Oni has run out of memory!

Quick question, I've been getting this little error message (Sorry, Oni has run out of memory!) lately (I haven't played AE in a while and I can't recall if I had it before the latest update of the AE installer.

The error happens all the time just after I install/unistall mods. Upon rebooting the PC everything launches fine.

At times the error also comes up just like that, without any changes in the mods installed.

I monitored ram usage and the error occurs independently of it, in any case, I have 12gb of ram... I am currently on win7 x64.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? I can post my entire system properties if needed. Or any other information that might help. I am a bit at a loss...

#2 04/25/15 16:04

TOCS

Re: Sorry, Oni has run out of memory!

Usually when this happens it's because you have too many mods installed. But since you say the issue is triggered randomly sometimes without any changes, I'm not sure any more. Maybe it's a specific mod that triggers the error. I found that the issue is most common when having very heavy graphical mods enabled.

#3 04/25/15 17:04

Nobody

Thanks! problem solved. I was leaving too many graphical mods enabled.

#4 09/04/15 08:09

Vadell Gabriel

Sorry for the necro post in advance, but I've got a similar problem, and didn't want to make a separate topic for the same problem. I've recently transferred my Oni game to an external hard drive, as I've went through the process of upgrading to Windows 10 on my new computer, and wanted to leave some space free. After doing that, I transferred all of my relevant AE files over as well, though I needed to do a reinstall of AE7 in order for it to work.

After doing that, I attempted to run Oni through the AE, but it keeps telling me it's out of memory. Naturally, I came here, and after reading this particular topic, I turned off the one graphic mod that sometimes gave me crashes (Realistic Skies). Still not enough memory.

Can anyone help me out? I've got 8GB of RAM, so it shouldn't be a problem. Is it a Win10 thing?

#5 09/04/15 10:09

TOCS

It's a software issue, not hardware. The engine is pretty limited and you'll most likely have to cope with it for now.

#6 09/04/15 10:09

Iritscen

Have you tried turning off all the mods, and then enabling them a few at a time?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#7 09/04/15 10:09

Vadell Gabriel

Iritscen wrote:

Have you tried turning off all the mods, and then enabling them a few at a time?

I'll give it a go when I get home from work. Vanilla Oni worked fine last night, so dropping a few mods shouldn't be a problem.

#8 09/04/15 15:09

Vadell Gabriel

You were right Iritscen. I got rid of the mods and then reinstalled them. Runs smooth now with no problems!

#9 09/04/15 17:09

Iritscen

Ah, it works even with the same mods as before?  Interesting.  Not sure why it needed a reinstall, but I'm glad it's working.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#10 09/04/15 19:09

Vadell Gabriel

Iritscen wrote:

Ah, it works even with the same mods as before?  Interesting.  Not sure why it needed a reinstall, but I'm glad it's working.

I think it was because the AE probably couldn't find the old path to Oni. Before my switch to a new laptop and OS, it used to be on C:/, then I took the Oni folder and put its contents onto drive F:/, which is my external hard drive.

That's my theory, anyway.

EDIT: And I can confirm Oni and the AE work beautifully in Win10. Dat framerate.

Last edited by Vadell Gabriel (09/04/15 19:09)

#11 12/11/15 17:12

Vadell Gabriel

Again, sorry for the necro post, but like I said, no point in making a new topic...

Oni with AE enabled will absolutely refuse to run from my external drive and keeps giving me the "out of memory". I tried shifting the files over to the laptop itself to play it, but same thing happened. Any way to work around this?

#12 01/16/16 16:01

Samer
Website

disable some mods.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

Board footer