Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/31/07 07:12

TropiKo
Website

Oni Jumps *IMPORTANT*

Sorry i can't post a video right now; but i can give you important instructions for most jumps:

The Base jump for tricks is Leap:
+Leap gives you +height and more fw. boost.
+perfect for speed run
-It can slow you down if you don't strafe correctly.
-You need to PERFECT it so you can use it in speedruns

Expect a video soon, I'm sorry but i can't run fraps right now, if someone knows other video recording prg. please tell me!
Thanks!

The Strafes
+Easy to learn
++It helps alot for speedruns and a perfect dodging move, even better than sneak moves
-in mid-air you can be shot , low experienced players won't be able to dodge the bullet(projectile) [it can be used on land too, only on dashes.]
+++If you're good, you can jump at places you couldn't go.
+Bullet dodging depends on skill level (easy, medium, hard)
+The beginer's first 1337 trick to learn.:lol: XD im serious. First time i used it, i got most moves.

The Blow-leap dashing
-Hard trick
+After you get it its alot fun! smile
+Perfect for avis and speedruns rec.
+++plus plus plus ... This may not be the best trick, and it gives you low air, but it takes double dammage if you get it right.
-Needs both strafe and leap exp. to learn it.
+Good for jump arena ( ill make a vid in lvl 6 par. [2]. its a perfect arena, lvl 3 par [1] is good too! )

The Ball-jump
-Hard Trick
+Useful sometimes
-Useless sometimes yikes
+The hardest trick, you need to make it perfect (depends on angle, blow , speed , jumping speed , and the place where the ball is) so you must count alot of params. before jumping it
++Great on Single jump arenas. Its fun but it can be annoying too
+For Jumpers like in most games, its easy (TFC concs, Quake2, q3 rockets, Metroid fusion and others).
-For beginers i recomend to finish the game 10000 (its over nine thousand!!) or learn easyier tricks.
-Takes ALOT to learn.
+Best map to practice is:Lvl 6 par [3] or Lvl 14 par [1] Kill enamys first smile
-Some times it takes time so you can jump again
-bugs on jumping

Well thoose are the basic jumps, of course there are others, like a combined Cartweel with a blow-leap dash on a verry small box (wow this should be like +Advanced as skill)
or bypassing lvls. by jumping ( bugging a map is cool XD trust me )kill more enamy's and improove you're oni skillz.

If you want to learn them, expect videos.
IMPORTANT ** if i can't make a video then, don't look at this, i should be posting the instructions later. Im sorry but I got alot of work to do.

I'm the real Pacific brain, even if the picture is with a different jellyfish from a different ocean...
-Why bother?
-Beeecause:
-(chorus) WE DON'T NEED NO, EDUCATION! lololol

#2 12/31/07 08:12

Ultimatum479

Re: Oni Jumps *IMPORTANT*

*awaits translation*

Work in progress...

#3 12/31/07 09:12

geyser
Website

Anyway, looks like a nice panorama, but like U479 said, without videos the text won't mean a lot to us.
I use Taksi for most of my videos. It's a bit buggier than Fraps, but quite reliable once you've tamed it.
There's also CamStudio, which I've installed, but haven't tamed yet: it just could work like a charm.

Hey. Does anyone remember the answer to this: what is the very longest jump in Oni?
More specifically, is there a way to travel faster than when dashing? How much faster?
wink

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#4 12/31/07 09:12

Iritscen

You can travel a lot faster on the motorcycle....

Sorry, I'm a smart-alec.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 12/31/07 18:12

Gumby

Thats the last question you asked on the triva topic I found in the old forum...it was never answered to my knowledge...

Does the answer involve a weapon?

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#6 12/31/07 21:12

geyser
Website

"it was never answered to my knowledge..." I answered it, and on this forum IIRC.
"Does the answer involve a weapon?" Heh, no. Grenade jumping is another story...

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#7 01/01/08 19:01

TropiKo
Website

the only way to move faster is to find diffrent positions and ledges, and strafing improoves fw boost too.
The blow dash gives alot more fw boost

I'm the real Pacific brain, even if the picture is with a different jellyfish from a different ocean...
-Why bother?
-Beeecause:

#8 01/02/08 02:01

Your_Mom
Website

Is it just me, or does this make no sense...
Ball-jumping? you mean...blasting yourself around with a Scatter-pack Ballistic Grenade Man-Portable Mortar to achieve impossible airtime?

Or am I totally lost?

droid803sig.jpg

#9 01/02/08 05:01

TropiKo
Website

well rocket jumping sucks and it is unlogical i hate it
but evrything its possible
anyway, my fraps wont film only 29 seconds sad ill make this but i got work to do and if i would know how to use it, i could've made this moths ago.when i started.

-Why bother?
-Beeecause:

#10 02/03/08 18:02

TropiKo
Website

does someone know an admin around?, i request this topic to be deleted sad i can't make vidoes because 3 things:
1.School
2.Time
3.I still don't have a vid recorder(i think ill record with a camera D:)

-Why bother?
-Beeecause:

Board footer