Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#226 04/18/14 08:04

Iritscen

Re: Anniversary Edition Seven is here!

Yes, if you have Black Ops installed, then that's probably where he's coming from.

then I don't need to install Pkg# 24250 by Nitro for Oni AE standard gameplay

Well, standard AE gameplay would mean no mods installed at all except the core ones that are installed automatically wink

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#227 04/18/14 09:04

Tracker

Thank you smile
I meant to play the standard levels with these 36 mods.

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#228 04/18/14 11:04

Samer
Website

actually that is the elite tanker by Nitro
Casual tankers look nothing like him http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2416
Blackops Tanker was updated by me to use new textures http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1560
the one in your screenshot is using old textures and has parts of the elite in his model. http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=1772

either way he's not necessary to install ... and I'd actually recommend against using him as he has custom contrails which won't play well with all my characters installed, in addition to him displaying the old textures which will look out of place when using character retexture.

Last edited by Samer (04/18/14 11:04)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#229 04/18/14 12:04

Tracker

Thank you for the info Samer smile
I have installed the Elite Tanker package only in Chapter 08.
I will continue recording without this package.

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#230 04/24/14 19:04

Samer
Website

guys did you by any chance change the way mods are downloaded through the installer ? I know you were trying to make them faster, before not sure if that has anything to do with it. but for some reason the download just gets stuck at a certain point ... I'd usually blame my own internet but it's stable now and downloading at 50KB\s (which is the best speed I ever get).

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#231 04/24/14 20:04

Alloc
Website

Nope, nothing change the last few months wink

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#232 04/27/14 03:04

Saijan

i Have problem all time when i install anniversary edition . anyone please  help me . neutral

#233 04/27/14 07:04

Iritscen

Hi Saijan.  How far does the installation go before it stops?

#234 07/17/14 18:07

MysTryUssX

I really love that this forum is still active:)

Oni is my favorite game ever. Hope everybody here keeps the oni spirit up!

#235 03/17/15 06:03

split2

Hi all,
I was wondering, AEI's source isn't published, right? Is there any way to obtain it and maybe contribute? I've read wiki and forums, but found no information about this, there were only just a few words about localization contributions.

#236 03/17/15 10:03

Iritscen

Hi split2.  It seems that we've accidentally hidden the code from people pretty well ^_^  See http://websvn.chrilly.net/listing.php?r … &path=%2F&, under the "java" directory.  The actual repo is at svn.oni2.net.  Obviously you'd need an account to make commits yourself, though if you specifically just want to contribute a localization, that won't really require an account since a localization is just composed of a group of plain-text files which you could email to Alloc to be added to the AEI.  Sorry for the lack of documentation on that.  What are you interested in contributing?

#237 03/17/15 13:03

split2

Cool, thanks. I thought I might be able to help out with some coding in C or Java. For now, I will dive in the sources and see how the things are working. You guys have pretty nice project going on here smile

#238 03/17/15 14:03

Iritscen

Yep, I think Alloc did a pretty nice job with the AEI 2.  So far he's the only one who's written code for it (as opposed to AEI 1, which Gumby and I worked on in C/C++), but I've been wondering lately if I shouldn't be getting into the code for AEI 2 as well, since there are a number of open bugs, and I don't think Alloc has the time to work on them.

#239 05/12/15 19:05

JustSmile12

I like it but i have been curious because im spanish so i want to ask you ¿you will release a spanish version? thanks for the work and bring us a excelent support

#240 05/13/15 09:05

TOCS

JustSmile12 wrote:

I like it but i have been curious because im spanish so i want to ask you ¿you will release a spanish version? thanks for the work and bring us a excelent support

There're various game versions with different languages such as Japanese and German. If you can find a Spanish version somewhere it might work with the mod. AFAIK, someone found a Japanese voice pack for the game some time ago and it was released as a mod as well.

#241 05/13/15 13:05

Iritscen

I think he's asking about the AE Installer.  So far, it's only in German and English.  It would be nice to support Spanish.  I was just waiting for a response from Alloc before I replied to JustSmile12's question because I wanted to have something more substantial to say.  But all that's needed for supporting a new language is to have someone translate some text files and then to distribute those with the AEI.

#242 05/13/15 20:05

Iritscen

Okay, after talking with Alloc, I finally wrote the Localization page on the wiki: http://wiki.oni2.net/Anniversary_Editio … calization

JustSmile12, would you like to work with me on a Spanish localization?  I took some Spanish in school, but I'm not confident in it.

#243 07/01/15 19:07

HCthenemesis
Website

Guys we all know I've had quite a lot of issues with Samer. But as a general tip for everyone in response to post #230:
For Windows, reset network settings by typing 'netsh winsock reset' in Run or CMD.exe then use Optimal setting from a utility TCPOptimizer. Install FoxSpeed Ultimate and run using '/accel' command in DOS prompt. Then use Xtreme Download Manager with your browser and set 32 connections instead of 8.
OPEN EACH PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR TO ENSURE ALL SETTINGS APPLY THE WAY THEY ARE INTENDED TO.
And just in case you guys thought I was going off-topic, you could default to 32 or 64 connections in the downloader in the AE to put pressure on server instead of client (the PC).
I'm writing this down in the bed at 6 am. Going to elaborate more and give more tips for enhancing the downloaded part of AE. Each one should contribute their tricks they know to make AE the best customiser for Oni.

Last edited by HCthenemesis (07/01/15 19:07)

Steering my life towards a new direction...

#244 07/11/15 15:07

EdT
Website

FYI, Mono framework does not work in Mac OS X 10.11, I upgraded to the 10.11 beta, installed the latest Mono framework and got the error in the terminal mono: command not found.  Doing some research, I found mention that the next update with Mono should fix this issue.  Otherwise Oni seems to be working fine in 10.11 smile

#245 07/11/15 16:07

Iritscen

Oh, wow, okay.  I tested Oni in 10.11, but not the AE (it slipped my mind).  Thanks for testing, I'll have to keep my eye on the Mono situation.

#246 08/12/15 13:08

Izzy155221

Finally got a chance to sit down and Play Oni AE. You guys have done some really great work. Anyone know which tools the community uses to mod the game? I just might get back into modding...

If a private is in the woods and there's no NCOs around to hear him...is he still wrong?

#247 08/12/15 13:08

Delano762
Website

Izzy155221 wrote:

Anyone know which tools the community uses to mod the game?

- OniSplit for importing/exporting Oni's assets,
- Softimage XSI for animating and some level editing IIRC
- Google Sketchup for making maps
- Some other tools I can't remember, help me out here guys tongue

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#248 08/12/15 15:08

Iritscen

It really depends on what kind of modding you want to do.  We tried to write an introduction to modding here: http://wiki.oni2.net/Modding_Oni.  It's not done, but it mentions the sort of tools to use for each kind of task.  If you have a specific question about a modding task, you can make a thread in the Modifications forum.

#249 09/30/15 22:09

Iritscen

Just an update for Mac users -- Mono still doesn't play nicely with 10.11 El Capitan, which released today.  The Mono site claims to be serving a hotfix for El Capitan, but it's not serving the correct file (4.0.4.1 instead of 4.0.4.4), and when I change the provided URL to actually point to 4.0.4.4 and download that, it still doesn't make Mono available to the AE Installer (and I can see that the Mono binaries were not installed on the hard drive, so it's not the AEI at fault).  I'd be interested to know if this supposed hotfix works for anyone else.

The worst part is that simply upgrading to 10.11 clears any existing Mono installation from your system, so it's not like this issue only affects users who never installed Mono before 10.11.

#250 12/03/15 21:12

CrimsonNephilim

I'm having a problem getting Oni AE to install on my desktop.  Anyone able to help?

-------------------------------

Nevermind, I worked it out smile

Last edited by CrimsonNephilim (12/04/15 00:12)

Board footer