Before:
jmsLd.jpg

After (HDR/Bloom/Tonemapping):
jmsNw.jpg

Last edited by z00t (08/02/15 07:08)

#2 08/02/15 08:08

Iritscen

Re: Shaders in Oni

Hmm, interesting.  That room already looks fairly decent to me since Bungie did a decent job with the vertex lighting (though not a great job).  Unfortunately, if an area has bad vertex lighting, I don't think shaders can do much to help it.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 08/02/15 20:08

z00t

I might play the game through...unfortunately no video capture has been able to grab the game with the shaders in tact- so it'll all be screenshots

....I did think of a possible workaround, but it'll take some tinkering.

Last edited by z00t (08/02/15 20:08)

#4 08/02/15 20:08

Iritscen

Hmm, I'm not familiar with the use of shaders, so I don't know if this will help, but OBS Studio can capture OpenGL output directly from the window.

#5 08/02/15 22:08

z00t

Iritscen wrote:

Hmm, I'm not familiar with the use of shaders, so I don't know if this will help, but OBS Studio can capture OpenGL output directly from the window.

It does, but I think it uses windows default opengl32.dll to "capture", and ignores the shader dll being used by the client. When I attempt to capture via OBS, it views the game just fine, but the additional effects are not displayed. It's basically just a raw capture before enhancement.

I've tried with dxtory as well to the same result...but I'll report back after I test an idea I had.

I'm also pretty confident that a hardware capture (from the HDMI output of the GPU) would yield a shader display, but I'd have to break out my HDPVR1212 and some accessories to test that also.

Last edited by z00t (08/02/15 22:08)

#6 08/03/15 09:08

Iritscen

Mm, okay, I wasn't sure if OBS would capture the video before or after the shaders.  You've definitely got more experience than I do at this, I haven't ever done a hardware capture.

#7 08/03/15 18:08

z00t

Iritscen wrote:

Mm, okay, I wasn't sure if OBS would capture the video before or after the shaders.  You've definitely got more experience than I do at this, I haven't ever done a hardware capture.

Yeah...I've done a little research into how OBS/dxtory do their capture. It seems they will capture w/ shaders in later DX games, but I believe the transcoding to openGL is what break things at a software level. There's simply (currently) no way for OBS or dxtory to decipher the game is using transcoded shaders. They just scrape the screen prior to the shaded render. I even tried a window capture, but it just leaves me with a black screen.

I'm hooking up my HD-PVR as we speak...more info to come, hopefully a video ^^

Last edited by z00t (08/03/15 18:08)

#8 03/07/17 15:03

hakeryk2

Dear OP,

Can You share with this mod and instruction how to install it? It looks awesome.

Board footer