Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/16/15 14:07

mrambleton

Disabling some AE features...need help

Hey all, I'm in a pickle. I want to play through original Oni (combat moves locked in early levels, no enemy bullet dodging, etc), but with one mod (Glass-Breaking Moves to be specific). Of course this mod requires me to run the Anniversary Edition, but then I'm stuck with the above-mentioned features I would like to disable. Any tips?

Last edited by mrambleton (07/16/15 14:07)

#2 07/16/15 15:07

Iritscen

Re: Disabling some AE features...need help

Hi there.  To turn off the enemy projectile dodging fix, open the daodan.ini file in the AE/ folder, and under the [gameplay] section add the line "projaware = False".  This should restore the original buggy dodging behavior.

To keep Konoko's original combat move progression, rename the folder AE/AEInstaller/packages/05000Unlock_All_Moves/patches to something like "~patches" (remember to hit the Install button in the AE Installer after this).  Deleting the whole 05000Unlock_All_Moves folder would cause it to be restored by the AEI, but renaming that folder will hide it from the AEI so that the patch is not applied.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 07/16/15 16:07

paradox-01

Idea:

Maybe at Mods > About core packages there should be checkboxes - just like in the regular mod list - to allow full control over the content.

May it be for dev tests or for people that want to play vanilla once in a while but cannot because the original engine files are malfunctioning on modern OS.

#4 07/16/15 17:07

Iritscen

I don't know, I'll have to think about it.  The only mod I've regretted making core is Unlock All Moves; the others seem to be non-controversial.  I just figured that players would always want it on, and I thought that many would miss seeing it if it was optional.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 07/17/15 11:07

mrambleton

Thanks Iritscen, much appreciated. I personally prefer Oni with the projectile dodging fix, makes the game more challenging, but I like the option of having it off for a more "vintage" Oni experience. I like Konoko's original move progression because it forces the player to be more creative in the earlier levels, such as having to use a rifle's 'heavy kick' attack in lieu of the devil spin kick.

Board footer