Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#126 06/14/14 12:06

Loser

Re: What's Everybody doing these days :\ ?

One Starobrno, please  tongue

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#127 06/14/14 12:06

Iritscen

Okay, virtual beer sent  big_smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#128 06/14/14 12:06

EdT
Website

Congrats Loser!!!!  Does this mean you can install Oni again on your computer??? big_smile

#129 06/14/14 12:06

Iritscen

Keep in mind, EdT, he has to find a job now, or that paper isn't very useful...  wink

#130 06/14/14 13:06

Loser

EdT, things will go most probably this way:

• Recover after all the cramming (no joking here, I seriously touched my limit of sleep deprivation).

• Browse through suitable job positions (CPLD/FPGA or similar field of industry preferred).

• Refresh the knowledge required for those positions.

• Send applications.

• Hopefully get selected.

Parallel to that I would like to start an Oni modding project which keeps unsettling my mind (it's high time AI stops colliding with almost each corner it can). And most of all, together with my friend (coder with similar gaming tastes) use the knowledge gained from Oni modding to try and create a proprietary engine. Since E3 2014 showed A³ industry does not like smart AI and rich combat systems, we are going to try and create the game tailored for us and hopefully for some niche audience as well (extra buck from selling digital copies definitely won't hurt cool ).

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#131 06/14/14 15:06

s10k
Website

Congratulations Loser!

Good look in finding the right job. wink

#132 06/14/14 16:06

Delano762
Website

Yo good luck in finding a job.

As for rocking the forum, well, the motherbuzzing school version of Stalingrad I'm going through right now ends most likely this tuesday. So I might pop in more often.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#133 06/15/14 06:06

Alloc
Website

Grats loser smile

Loser wrote:
  • Browse through suitable job positions (CPLD/FPGA or similar field of industry preferred).

No CGRAs? wink

Wishing you good luck with finding a job.

Regards,
Chris

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#134 06/15/14 07:06

TOCS

Congratulations Loser!

Besides it being engineering what field did you get your degree in? smile

Last edited by TOCS (06/15/14 07:06)

#135 04/26/15 20:04

Samer
Website

Bump ...
How is everybody ?
I know I have been inactive for a long time ... I miss the forum and you guys ..
I have been busy with work, the plan to go back to university and study computer science again didn't work out for me, I got a job offer (teaching) that is close to where I live, but university was far so I couldn't manage both and had to let go of university because I need the job ... So, I have been back in teaching (Biology, Chemistry and English Language for grades 9 and 10), and it's stressful to say the least. 

Also, haven't "Onied" for quite a while now. For my gaming, I have been focused on a mobile game called "Injustice: Gods Among Us". It's basically a fighting game from the company that made Mortal Kombat using DC comic characters (Superman, Batman etc..) (simplistic controls on mobile but much more complex on console) and I had started a facebook page for it (here if you are interested: https://www.facebook.com/injustfancom and I manage it, (have about 6,000 members on the page now) write articles for it (Strategies, game tips and such), and make gameplay videos, which keeps me occupied in my spare time, so haven't had time to get back into Oni.

How about you ? are you still Oniing ? is anyone working on any Oni projects ? and what have you been up to lately in general smile ?

Last edited by Samer (07/08/15 00:07)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#136 04/26/15 20:04

Iritscen

Ah, I was wondering what you were up to, it's good to hear from you.  It's been quiet here lately.  Well, in theory I'm still working on Mac multiplayer, to be ported to Windows later, but I was neglecting real life too much while I worked on it, so I had to take another break from it and get things back under control.  Hoping to get back to that within a couple weeks.

#137 04/27/15 23:04

Lithium

shame you have to teach those grades, 11 and 12 are much more managable and have some maturity in them hmm

been working, sucks and leaving the job soon since i'm going to school for a medical career soon (not sure what yet but it's just first steps into getting a start on something) and i just can't stand the job since the management is always so pissy about everything, i know older folks get bitter with work and being stuck at a dead end job but i can't stand this shit man, everyday just ends up mediocre or just plain awful.

i try to be more helpful but i guess i'm not cut out for it, i try to be faster and do things without annoying the management but it still feels like i'm just being dead weight. eh, guess it doesn't help that the new manager is angry as all hell and just killed any motivation, called my main manager my "mommy" because apparently i rely on her too much or something (even though i barely ask for help nowadays) there's being angry and then there's being a [We still have rules about language here, you know. -Iritscen] -_-

things should be better for me hopefully with school at least

i also dropped a global moderator position at a fairly active forum just because i missed shitposting, guess some things never change :V

Last edited by Iritscen (04/28/15 08:04)

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#138 04/28/15 10:04

Delano762
Website

Well G'day everyone!

Lithium wrote:

shame you have to teach those grades, 11 and 12 are much more managable and have some maturity in them hmm

Bullshit, those sort of problems are entirely dependent on the people (what kind of a group they make) and the school you're dealing with. Well, at least that's how it works here in Poland, not sure about the rest of the world.

As for me, I've finished middle school last week and I'm preparing myself for the matura/maturity exams. And that ain't easy - After a year of constant trying to catch up with the homework, my head is as fried as an MG42, so it's quite a pain to get myself to do any sort of exercises and/or tasks. I just don't want to, though I have to try at least. If I write those exams badly, I might even end up dead. If I write them nicely, I'm gonna end up studying in our local Polish safari, also known as cracow. I wonder which is worse?

Other than that, I'm trolling, "playing" CS 1.6/GO,, watching Samurai Champloo and watching closely the war in Ukraine.

Also looking forward to do something Oni-related in the future smile

Last edited by Delano762 (04/28/15 11:04)

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#139 04/28/15 14:04

paradox-01

Hopefully it will be less stressful for you Samer after a year when you found some routine.
I think most of us are now in the age were they are very busy with school or job. So no more big stuff happening in pace as it might have been in the past. Maybe we can find something new or picking up an old idea, something easy to do with a group. Speaking for myself, I often feel drained nowadays, so not much happening alone. Any ideas what we could tackle together?

#140 05/02/15 18:05

Lithium

Delano762 wrote:

Well G'day everyone!

Lithium wrote:

Bullshit, those sort of problems are entirely dependent on the people (what kind of a group they make) and the school you're dealing with. Well, at least that's how it works here in Poland, not sure about the rest of the world.

well yeah obviously you're still going to have annoying teens but at those grades people start to mature a bit and try to work with teachers a lot more often. in my experience only a handful of kids were annoying in those last two grades i mentioned as most people started to have plans for life and ideas as to what they wanted to do or at least know how to behave properly.

#141 07/05/15 03:07

Lithium

about midway through the year, what shit have y'all been doing or accomplished so far

i finally experienced the misery of the workforce with working a crappy job, being tired most of the time, and having no money to show for it, this is the life fam

Last edited by Lithium (07/05/15 03:07)

#142 07/05/15 10:07

Iritscen

Hmm, if you still live at home, you ought to be saving up pretty good money since your expenses are so low.

i've been waiting for iritscen to change his avatar for 7 years now

Ha.  I've thought about it once or twice, but decided it would be too disconcerting to change it after all the posts I've made with this avatar.  I will be changing my signature soon, though, so please look forward to it.

Anyway, nothing new here since the last time I posted.  I'm disappointed in my own lack of time spent on multiplayer, but I'm building up steam again on the project after a series of real-life distractions.

#143 10/24/15 14:10

Casykago

I just took up some hobbies to spend my extra time, I'm equally bad in all of them for now.

#144 11/12/15 17:11

HCthenemesis
Website

Well, I've always been the super tech man who's nice sophisticated n anti-social. Always serious n over-thinking philosopher.

I have a personal gym since 3 1/2 months (at home) and got this:
PLZ SEE THIS LINK IT'S A BIT PERSONAL --> (imgur.com/1rHlRAK.jpg)

Now I'm in college in India pursuing B.Tech. Computer Science... well actually... I have fallen in love... true love... I'm pursuing her tongue

Life's a mess... it used to be so organised.

Steering my life towards a new direction...

#145 11/12/15 19:11

Lithium

Got a job interview tomorrow, excited for that

#146 11/25/15 17:11

Leus
Website

A bunch of school for Computer Science.

If we don't change the direction we're going, we'll likely end up where we're headed.

Board footer