Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 04/13/15 16:04

Nobody

Mutant Muro

Okay, here is the deal, I've quickly searched the forum and haven't found anything but forgive me if it has already been posted.

Has anyone, ever, in Vanilla, fought Mutant Muro fair and square, without cheats or anything and won?

My personal record was, upon getting to him with full health and 6 hypos, the scream cannon and a few clips in reserve, beating him until his health went orange-red but I never managed to actually defeat him.

Maybe I just do not get something but he is a bit overkill in my opinion. Force shield, energy bolts, healing capacities and ground slam - shock wave. *Jumps off the Syndicate Compound roof* (Less of a pain then being horribly HORRIBLY slaughtered.)

Now, ofc, if we go into philosophy and analyze the events in terms of killing Griffin being good/bad, then maybe getting an unfair boss is right because, all in all, killing Griffin does not seem very right/fair in itself. All right, he wasn't exactly a gentleman but killing him... I will not go into this here.

#2 04/15/15 11:04

OniMan

Re: Mutant Muro

Great post, I beat Muro Mutant with 0 health. And hey, Iritscen took the Blue-pill.

#3 04/25/15 15:04

Nobody

That's... intense. I am going to try him again in the weeks to come... when I am done with my exams... re-run the entire compound... urgh... lazy...

#4 04/25/15 16:04

TOCS

He's quite easy to beat with Vanilla settings, if you know the right tactics. I think you might be missing something here. tongue Here's how I beat him:

1. Stand close to him and try to avoid his attacks
2. Wait for him to do his punch combo (the one where his one fist gets stuck in the ground upon the final attack)
3. When his fist is stuck, do a PPK combo and get away from him if you want to avoid his energy attack

Rinse and repeat. It's pretty simple, and you can do the fight without losing any health or using any weapon. In fact I wouldn't recommend using weapons against him at all since melee is much faster, especially if you're overpowered with a hypo.

Last edited by TOCS (04/25/15 16:04)

#5 04/25/15 17:04

Nobody

Yep, I read this strategy on the wiki. I guess I am going to try it. Doing it "no-damage" seems an interesting challenge. Although Griffin has to die... /sniff... The research must go on! Mwahahahahaha.

#6 05/06/15 11:05

Gumby

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#7 05/07/15 19:05

Nobody

Doctor's revenge!

Tis a bit off topic, but, do you have Brutal AI installed or not? And, I never tried playing with Kerr much, but from my shape shifting experiments, I do not recall him having such a complex move set. Maybe I am wrong but were moves added?

Board footer