Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/23/15 15:03

gregoryflood

Konoko won't run

I've installed AE and Oni 1.2 and have gotten Oni to run on a Mac Pro with Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite). The problem is that at random moments and for no particular reason that I can discern, the Konoko character stops running and will only walk. Sometimes, if I walk her in circles for a while, she'll start to run again, but usually only for a few minutes, then it's back to walking again.

While the game is sort of playable in this fashion, there are clearly situations that can only be played through successfully, if she's moving quickly. I assume that why the default mode is for her to be running all the time.

Anybody else have this problem and, hopefully, a solution?

#2 03/23/15 19:03

Iritscen

Re: Konoko won't run

I think I might know what's causing it.  What kind of mouse are you using?  Is it possible that you are scrolling up/down while playing?  Because in Oni 1.2, Konoko's run speed can now be set by the scrollwheel.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 03/23/15 22:03

gregoryflood

Iritscen,

Thanks for the prompt reply. That was, in fact, the problem. I'm using an Apple wireless Magic Mouse - there's no scroll wheel, per se, but you scroll be sliding your finger up and down the top of the mouse. That's really easy to do when you're punching and kicking the bad guys.

I had noticed the plus & minus numbers that were popping up next to the compass/ammo display, but hadn't figured out what they mean.

Thanks again!

#4 03/23/15 23:03

Iritscen

Glad that solved it for you.  I'll ask if the scroll wheel feature can be made optional to prevent this from happening, as it's already been an issue for another tester or two.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer