Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/21/15 17:02

JohnSmith

How to land a throw 100%?

Does anyone know how to land a 100% throw? First I thought they are cooldown based, but then I checked on a civilian - they are not. Then I thought they are yaw angle based - not this one too. Sometimes they will proc alot, sometimes not a single time. I cant see any pattern. I REALLY want to know this.

#2 02/21/15 19:02

Iritscen

Re: How to land a throw 100%?

Hmm, what's a "100% throw"?  You mean successfully throwing an enemy 100% of the time?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 02/22/15 01:02

JohnSmith

Iritscen wrote:

Hmm, what's a "100% throw"?  You mean successfully throwing an enemy 100% of the time?

Yes. That's exactly what I want.

#4 02/22/15 11:02

Iritscen

Ah.  Actually they are supposed to be doable 100% of the time.  There's no random chance or cooldown involved.  That being said, some moves are hard to pull off.  If you give an example of one you're having trouble with, we can try to give advice.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 02/22/15 15:02

TOCS

You just have to figure out how the frames in each animation works. There're certain animation states that doesn't allow throws. Train in the rooftop fight with Barabas a lot and you'll get an idea of when and how you can throw. For example, when Barabas is blocking your attacks while crouching and making ready to do an earthquake you're pretty much out of luck in terms of grabbing him.

I don't know how long you've played, but after a good handful of hours of experience with the combat mechanics it shouldn't be that hard to know when and where you're able to do a throw.

Practice, practice!

#6 02/22/15 15:02

JohnSmith

TOCS wrote:

You just have to figure out how the frames in each animation works. There're certain animation states that doesn't allow throws. Train in the rooftop fight with Barabas a lot and you'll get an idea of when and how you can throw. For example, when Barabas is blocking your attacks while crouching and making ready to do an earthquake you're pretty much out of luck in terms of grabbing him.

I don't know how long you've played, but after a good handful of hours of experience with the combat mechanics it shouldn't be that hard to know when and where you're able to do a throw.

Practice, practice!

Ah I see now, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Board footer