Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/21/15 14:02

U-10

Question for Loser/Andrashi

Will any of the advanced AI modification and other general gameplay tweaks you've done for Oni as mere proof-of-concepts:

youtube . com/watch?v=9EwZ8VEea8s
youtube . com/watch?v=BTGQTAoU_1E
youtube . com/watch?v=2WNMh8u5wBI
youtube . com/watch?v=jnsGuZxqW9I
youtube . com/watch?v=OMFK5iKcZ5Q
youtube . com/watch?v=dlK8LJGmt_k
youtube . com/watch?v=9EwZ8VEea8s

youtube . com/watch?v=PCRik_bfOws

youtube . com/watch?v=Fi5sArSysTw

youtube . com/watch?v=ZoAFY70cQmw

youtube . com/watch?v=EwcqaqXM35c

youtube . com/watch?v=X9DqISP9WEI

youtube . com/watch?v=jgS69pUMkm0
youtube . com/watch?v=MUIjjpOpq14

...actually be finished up and released as a single package for anyone to try out and enjoy -- perhaps even added onto the Anniversary Edition of Oni?  Regardless of their aforementioned "proof-of-concept" quality, I do think they're intriguing, and I myself would kinda like to play Oni with some improved AI and gameplay tweaks...

Of course, that is if you're willing to go through all the trouble to do stuff, since you most likely have other stuff to do.

(...perhaps if it'd make it more interesting for you, maybe you could take ideas for new mechanics and concepts from other interested members of this forum, and perhaps even other Oni communities to add into this?)

Last edited by U-10 (02/21/15 14:02)

#2 02/21/15 17:02

Iritscen

Re: Question for Loser/Andrashi

I'm not sure how often Loser visits the forum these days, but I should tell you that the files for those mods are probably all deleted.  We may have obtained the files from Loser for a couple before they were deleted, but for the most part they would need to be recreated from scratch.  I don't think Loser actively mods anymore, but certainly it would be possible to ask him how he did these (in some cases, we already know) and then recreate his work.  We just don't seem to have had a modder who shared Loser's enthusiasm for this work and wanted to retrace his steps.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 02/22/15 07:02

U-10

I see... that's very disappointing to hear if true.

#4 02/22/15 11:02

Iritscen

As impressive as Loser's work is, it shouldn't be that hard to reproduce.  A lot of it was probably done with painful hex-editing and can be done much more quickly with our current tools.  But for whatever reason, out of all our modders, I can't think of any who shared his passion for working on the AI, which is too bad.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 02/22/15 15:02

Gumby

Some of it (line of fire dodging? some ONCC stuff?) is probably in AE already. A lot of it didn't survive the transition from hex->xml as Irit said. Hard to remember what.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer