Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/07/15 09:02

Chamyky
Website

Installing the AE in path with “(”

I'm trying to install the Anniversary Edition on a fresh Oni folder, on Yosemite, which I named it “Oni ƒ (AE)”. However, when “Run AE Installer.app” launches, after the Installer has finished copying the files, it immediately crashes with an error:

Finder got an error: sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
sh: -c: line 0: `export LC_CTYPE="UTF-8";/Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -jar /Applications/Added\ Applications/Games/Oni/Oni\ ƒ\ (AE)/AE/AEInstaller/AEInstaller2Updater.jar &> /dev/null &' (2)

Is this a known bug? For now, I just renamed the folder not to include parentheses, but it feels like this could be made unnecessary.

#2 02/07/15 16:02

EdT
Website

Re: Installing the AE in path with “(”

Try removing the "ƒ" character from the folder name.

#3 02/07/15 17:02

Chamyky
Website

Hmm, same issue. Removing the parentheses does work, though, so I assume it's the problem.

#4 02/07/15 17:02

Iritscen

Yeah, it's not the ƒ character, I fixed that issue previously.  When dealing with a Unix path like that, the parentheses need to be escaped.  I wrote code to escape space characters (as seen with the '\' before the 'ƒ'), but didn't consider the possible presence of any other problem characters like parentheses.  I'll try to add a fix to the script soon (but it will only benefit future downloaders of the AE, not current users).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 02/08/15 20:02

Iritscen

I suppose this never occurred to me since most people wouldn't label their Oni folder according to the AE that was installed separately within that folder smile  Since it's still a vanilla Oni installation at that upper level.  Anyway, I have updated the AE Setup download on the Depot with code that handles paths with parentheses, and it worked in my test, but let me know if you find any issues.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer