Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/01/15 22:02

DC

Is it possible to create a character that does not pick up or use weap

Is it possible to create a character that does not pick up weapons or use weapons?

#2 02/02/15 21:02

EdT
Website

Re: Is it possible to create a character that does not pick up or use weap

I have not tested this, but, it might be possible.

You would have to modify the ONCC and set the <GoForGunChance> to 0 (See http://wiki.oni2.net/XML:ONCC )

If that doesn't work, then you will have to create a new Combat Profile ID in the file BINACJBOCombat (See http://wiki.oni2.net/XML:BINA/OBJC/CMBT ) and set the Long, Medium and Short Range behavior to melee.  Finally, in the BINACJBOCharacter (See http://wiki.oni2.net/XML:BINA/OBJC/CHAR ) you will give your character the new Combat ID .

#3 02/04/15 03:02

DC

Thanks smile this will be very useful. Maybe you are wondering why I want to make a character than dont pick up or use weapons

#4 02/04/15 09:02

Iritscen

Maybe a monster?  Or a mech?  Just a thought, take a look at Mutant Muro's data as a model, I'm pretty sure he never picks up any weapons.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 02/04/15 14:02

Samer
Website

yeah I used the go for gun chance for jamie in the wilderness preserve and the other mutants .. but that's for a character that is AI not player controlled.
I also used a continuous script where it would wait for the pickup animation of that character and then reset its inventory.

If you want to make a character that doesn't pick up a weapon when player controlled that might be more difficult. I haven't tested this, but maybe if all pickup weapon animations were removed from its TRAC and parent TRAC and the TRAM of its throws and escape moves are edited to remove "pickupweapon" tag from them, then it would work.

Last edited by Samer (02/04/15 14:02)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#6 02/04/15 19:02

DC

Actually it is not player character. I want to try something, like making an archer. I have a lot of ideas for making a character with its own weapon, like the shadow archer with its bow that fires the frozen bolt like the mercury bow, shadow assassin with daggers, dark phantom killer with a sword and so on. Those character I would love to create that is why I ask. I will not be able to make them now because my pc is pretty much dead but I will get a laptop soon

Last edited by DC (02/04/15 19:02)

Board footer