Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/10/15 02:01

Rei

Warehouse Level and Difficulty Mod

Hi, I have slightly revamped the warehouse to take advantage of the 3 difficulty setting.

Playing on Easy Mode will be like the classical Oni. Everything is the same.

Playing on Normal Mode will be a new challenge tougher than Classical Oni Syndicate Mountain:
- New (Optional) Miniboss, the Thugboss, A Giant Thug cloaked in a Pitch Black outfit. Armed with Punches that cause more than twice the damage of a regular thug and an Earthquaker Static Fist! It'll be a Thug Fight like never before. Fight him for a few free hypos and for a message...
- Feature a new Weapon (Desert Eagle) hidden somewhere in the depths on the Warehouse. (Hint: Between 2 containers, accessible in only from above and out in 1 Direction)
- More enemies hiding out there in places you don't expect. Tougher enemies with higher health and combat.
- New Weapons and Powerup Spawn Location. Try to find them, they are well hidden, and you will need them...
- Casey makes an appearance towards the end of the Level.
- Don't try to outrun the Comms Guy, He dashes now.
- Don't try to outrun most enemies, they'll follow you and you'll have to fight them eventually (Warehouse Manager Area and Final Console).
All while maintaining the Classical Storyline, Nostalgic Look and Opponent Level Balance.
NOTE: Click 'Syndicate Warehouse' instead of SP1 as you are not supposed to receive the 3 free ammos as per classical Oni. Still you get the pistol.

Playing on Hard Mode? Don't even attempt until you've finished Normal Mode. It's a Hell Field where I doubt you'd get past the Second room legitly. Features:
- Loads of new enemies with higher healths, weapons. You want to face Snipers armed with Ballgun hiding on the crane? Elites and Furies with M.Bows? Over 20 Thugs chasing after you? Check!
- Even more well hidden powerups and weapons that are quite difficult to access but yet necessary for survival.
- 2 more new weapons (Laser Rifle and BGI_Subjuvinator). One held by one Secret Enemy, The other can be found quite early. (Hint: Even if you are sharp, it's still gonna be a challenge to access it)
- New Sceret Boss: Someone from BGI? Hint: From Yellow to Black, he loses his Free Hypo and Shield but still can cloak you to avoid too many enemies later on.
- Search the First Room for your weapons choice, and equip yourself with all the ammos and hypos for the crazy fights coming ahead.
Pretty much nearly impossible to get to SP2 without cheating. Though it requires perfect strategy and getting all the items and secret weapons and using them at the correct time. You won't be able to enter the door in Room 2 1st floor so you'll need to jump up there. And the LSI have swapped locations so You will need to find it, and bring it to Chung to progress.
Note: This is only completed to SP1, from SP2 and above, it's still in progress and recommend not to play it as I'm testing a few random enemies there.

Anyone up for the Challenge?
Can DL from the Mod Depot or through AE Installer.
Strongly Recommended to be installed with 24500 and 24501 (Warehouse Retexture), 23500 (Casey) and 23950 (Characters Retexture) for a brand new look! Start with Normal Mode (In Options) and click on 'Syndicate Warehouse' AND NOT SAVE POINT 1!

Let me know what you think for the Normal Mode and Hard Mode and if I should continue on Hard Mode. This is my little contribution to the Oni Modding Community and I may continue to do for all the levels especially for Rooftops with my new learned modding skills. Stay tuned!

Last edited by Rei (01/16/15 11:01)

#2 01/10/15 03:01

Rei

Re: Warehouse Level and Difficulty Mod

Some Screenshot of Normal Mode:

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

How for Hard Mode!

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

FluxBB bbcode test

#3 01/10/15 06:01

s10k
Website

Looks fun! smile

If you want I can post it at mods.oni2.net (it will appear in AEI2).

Keep the good work.

btw you can create new AEI2 packages with Vago application (in case you want to use any new AEI2 features like dependencies so people will be forced to play it with casey package for example).

#4 01/10/15 18:01

Knox

Fun mod so far. Playing on normal, I have yet to try hard mode. I've died 3 times already. I'm a bit rusty, it seems.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#5 01/11/15 02:01

Rei

Thanks for the interest!

@S10K , Sure, you could post in the mods depot. I used the Vago to create the packages tho I'm not sure how to add dependencies. Casey isn't really needed though he is just a bonus, the regular TCTF would appear if he's not installed.

Btw, u guys could try with Brutal AI if you'd like tongue And Just a hint, there are 2 Hypos, 2 Ammos and 2 Energy Cells and a Force Field to be found in Normal Mode. See if you can find them all.

Anyone can get past Hard yet to SP2?

#6 01/11/15 12:01

paradox-01

For my rusty bones normal mode was challenging enough. Will give hard mode a try some other time. big_smile
ps: Me gusta la living turrets on generators 'n stuff.

#7 01/11/15 12:01

s10k
Website

Rei wrote:

Thanks for the interest!

@S10K , Sure, you could post in the mods depot. I used the Vago to create the packages tho I'm not sure how to add dependencies. Casey isn't really needed though he is just a bonus, the regular TCTF would appear if he's not installed.

Btw, u guys could try with Brutal AI if you'd like tongue And Just a hint, there are 2 Hypos, 2 Ammos and 2 Energy Cells and a Force Field to be found in Normal Mode. See if you can find them all.

Anyone can get past Hard yet to SP2?

Added to the depot.

Dependencies works as follows:

M2J7k6.png

In the "Depend Packages" field write the decencies packages number (separate multiple dependencies by commas), example: "23500, 23200" (ignore the quotes). This will require that both Casey and Gold TCTF mods are installed when the user plays your mod.

#8 01/11/15 16:01

Loser

I have tried your mod (played on normal and hard).

Normal mode is absolutely OK from my point of view. Slightly modified Warehouse - why not. I reminds me of my very first modfication:
Nostalgia trip ^_^

My apologies to say this, but from my point of view hard mode is unplayable. It is a chore and not a game.
I openly admit I didn't finish it. Got to the point where the only thing left was to jump for the LSI (enemies dispatched, I had left about 3/4 of HP). Failed the jump, killed myself by fall, exited the game.

It is your mod, so do whatever you strive for, however if I may offer my opinion on the HARD mode:

• If you wish to give Oni players a fresh challenge, it would be a good idea try to think of crafty ways how to surprise player in combat instead of simply steamrolling the player with sheer number of mooks.

• If you insist on having a large quantity of mooks, I suggest reducing their health. I personally find it not challenging but downright insane to throw at player a horde of thugs who can survive Konoko's backbreaker or (separate case) multiple small SBG blasts. Tankers and elites are truly a nightmare (in negative sense of word), capable of tanking through a point-contact delayed SBG blast (it deals over frikkin 240 HP damage!) and still having enough HP for at least one triple hit combo before they finally give in. Such a durability is in my opinion OK for bosses, but definitely not for semi-regular enemies.

• If these have high HP because player should deal with them via environment (luring to edges of high falls then kicking them down), then it would be OK if it wasn't for the army of high HP mooks which in my opinion effectively thwarts any kind of reasonable strategy. The only regulary working strategy is to grab the shield and the beginning, pray your luck the SBG guy falls off the crane in the first thug-army infested area, then jump on a specific crate within that area, lure all the mook army into the corner between two crates and pepper them with several SBG shots. Any other strategy (e.g. the aforementioned kicking over high edges) is according to my tests a russian roulette with four chambers loaded. The one I described yields regular satisfactory results. And it is a strategy which relies on AI clumsiness, not on some solid game mechanisms.

• Finally, in my opinion having an army of high HP mooks and giving these mooks quite a number of weapons and ammunition does not add to a sense of a rich gameplay, but to an utter luckplay. One simply tries to abuse each and every AI trick (crate corner herding, uneven ground sweeping, limited AI awareness abuse) and prays the AI won't have a moment of brightness and will fall for it.

And now for some HARD mode suggestions:

• Personally I would decrease either mooks' HP or number of mooks.

• Instead of steamrolling the player with sheer numbers, how about giving enemies some judo lessons? I am not talking about making enemies unstoppable (cannot be knocked down, cannot be thrown), I am talking about a small script which will make enemies perform a throw escape. Scripted throw immunity. Now that could be refreshing experience and a challenge in my opinion.

• How would you like the idea of locking each area's console and having the player to defeat a certain enemy (maybe some harder or some well hidden enemy) to obtain a passkey so the console can be used to progress?

Of course, all of these are just my observations, hints and suggestions. If you think your way of handling the HARD mode is the correct one and I just didn't played it the proper way you envisioned (and thus I failed), then of course keep modding the way you do and have fun, that's what modding is about ^_^

Last edited by Loser (01/11/15 16:01)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#9 01/11/15 20:01

Knox

Having finished the mod, I agree with Loser. Normal mode was fun, offered a nice challenge. Hard mode was just absurd.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#10 01/13/15 10:01

Rei

Glad you all enjoyed it.

@S10k tks for uploading it.

@Loser, Thanks for ur feedback and suggestions. I appreciate it. I kinda agree with u. That's why I had it till SP1 only and wonder if I should continue in that direction. If I keep the HP unchanged, it'll be too easy. Though I guess I should reduce their HP. I had envisioned it to be like a crazy extreme battle of a whole gang vs one Konoko fight though. And yes ur strategy is kinda the best way to win. Though it kinda makes it more of tricking AI/luck than skills.
Is there anyway to force retain the ballgunner thug so he won't fall?
I guess the throw immunity one would be ok, in later levels but not for level 1. As for defeating a certain enemy to unlock the next room. Why not! It would force the player to battle Thugboss, and a little tougher challenge of going to the opposite site of the final warehouse room to defeat an enemy to unlock the console at the other end, within the time limit. How do I script this?
Btw, ur mod was 8 yrs ago! Wow, if only I had as much time now as then. Cool mod tho, I remember trying particle trail or something along the mod.

I guess I need some calculative balance for hard mode and I think I shall focus on Normal mode for the upcoming levels, to make warehouse hard mode tougher than mountain normal, yet maintaining balance. Still, anyone up for an extreme challenge can try hard mode and get to SP2 off the time being. I'll test with lesser Hp and enemies in the mean time.

PS: Have anyone found the hidden weapon? The Desert Eagle! And how was the battle with Thug Boss?

#11 01/13/15 14:01

Gumby

If you want large numbers of enemies, here's a fun idea which I implemented a few years ago and lost: turn the lighting all the way down, spawn a ton of 1 hp enemies continuously, give the player a bullet weapon. Each time the gun is fired light up the room for a frame or two. I should go see if it's in my old files somewhere.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#12 01/16/15 09:01

Rei

@Gumby Looks interesting for the illumination round, although I think combat should be most part of this game. May implement that if I can be skillful enough but I'm trying the basics. Thanks for suggesting though.

Can anyone help me with this for Manufacturing Plant:

I could not get any powerup to spawn for the different difficulty though if I were to enter Dev Mode and manually type powerup_spawn hypo 1234 the hypo will appear.  I presume the same will happen for the enemies. This is the same way I've inserted it through Syndicate Warehouse BSL, It works there but not on Manplant.

This is the manplant_main bsl.

#
# CZ_main.bsl
#

func void main(void)
{
	env_show 555 0
	#obj_create 1101 1111
	obj_create 1201 1208
	#env_anim 1101 1111
	env_anim 1201 1208
	gl_fog_blue=.15
	gl_fog_red=.15
	gl_fog_green=.15
	gl_fog_start=.98
	gs_farclipplane_set 5000
	dprint("Main called");

if (difficulty() eq 0){
		 dprint("Easy Mode");
		 }

if (difficulty() eq 1){
		 dprint("Normal Mode");
		 }

if (difficulty() eq 2){
		dprint("Hard Mode");
		}

func_start
	if (my_save_point eq 0)
	{
	intro
	}

}

var int my_save_point;
var int brain_counter_var=0;
var int striker_counter=2;
var int backup1a_counter=1;
var int backup1b_counter=1;
var int mus_cool4_playing=0;
var int alarm_counter; 

This is the manplant_level_logic bsl

### MANPLANT LEVEL LOGIC###

# START, SAVE & OBJECTIVES

func void func_start(string ai_name)
{
	dprint start_active	
	particle lock_1_locklight01 do start
	particle guardroom_2_locklight01 do start
	particle foyer_right_locklight01 do start
	particle brainlock_2_locklight01 do start
	chr_forceholster 0 1
	trig_hide 205	
	trig_hide 204
	trig_hide 2042	
	trig_hide 203
	trig_hide 2032		
	trig_hide 202
	trig_hide 2022
	trig_hide 2023
	trig_hide 201	
	trig_hide 2012
	trig_hide 2013
	particle febtober1_locklight01 do start
	particle save1a_locklight01 do start

if (save_point eq 0)
		{
		my_save_point=0;

if (difficulty() eq 0){
		powerup_spawn cell 7016
		powerup_spawn ammo 7017
		}

if (difficulty() eq 1){
		powerup_spawn ammo 7010
		powerup_spawn cell 7011
		powerup_spawn hypo 7012
		powerup_spawn shield 7013
		powerup_spawn cloak 7015
		weapon_spawn w20_lzr 7014
		}

if (difficulty() eq 2){
		powerup_spawn hypo 7012
		}

particle vent03 start
		}

if (save_point eq 1)
		{
		my_save_point=1;	
		particle vent03 start

if (difficulty() eq 0){
		powerup_spawn cell 7016
		powerup_spawn ammo 7017
		}

if (difficulty() eq 1){
		powerup_spawn ammo 7010
		powerup_spawn cell 7011
		powerup_spawn hypo 7012
		powerup_spawn cloak 7015
		}

if (difficulty() eq 2){
		powerup_spawn hypo 7012
		}

ai2_spawn partner_cop_1
		ai2_spawn partner_cop_2
		ai2_spawn ambush_striker_1
		ai2_spawn ambush_striker_2
		ai2_spawn ambush_striker_3
		chr_delete Recep
		door_lock 1
		door_lock 4
		restore_game
		ai2_attack partner_cop_1 ambush_striker_1
		ai2_attack partner_cop_2 ambush_striker_3
		music_script_start();
		sleep 30
		set_objective_1
		}

if (save_point eq 2)
		{
		my_save_point=2;	
		dprint restore2_active
		door_lock 1
		door_lock 4
		door_lock 11
		door_lock 12
		door_lock 13
		door_unlock 3
		door_unlock 19
		trigvolume_enable nook_1 0
		trigvolume_enable nookright 0
		trigvolume_enable tech_1 0
		trigvolume_enable bait_1 0
		trigvolume_enable tech_ambush_1 0
		chr_delete Recep
		chr_delete extra_thug_1

if (difficulty() eq 0){
		powerup_spawn cell 7016
		powerup_spawn ammo 7017
		}

if (difficulty() eq 1){
		powerup_spawn ammo 7010
		powerup_spawn cell 7011
		powerup_spawn hypo 7012
		powerup_spawn cloak 7015
		}

if (difficulty() eq 2){
		powerup_spawn hypo 7012
		}

ai2_spawn hall_striker_1
		console_deactivate 1
		console_deactivate 9
		particle lock_1b_locklight01 do start
		particle lock_1a_locklight01 do start
		particle save1b_locklight01 do stop
		particle febtober1_locklight01 do start
		particle vent01 start
		particle vent03 start
		restore_game
		sound_music_start atm_low_perc1 0.90
		sleep 30
		set_objective_1
		target_set (123,30)
		}

if (save_point eq 3)
		{
		my_save_point=3;	
		dprint restore3_active
		door_lock 1
		door_lock 12
		door_lock 13
		door_lock 25
		door_unlock 19
		door_unlock 3
		trigvolume_enable nook_1 0
		trigvolume_enable nookright 0
		trigvolume_enable tech_1 0
		trigvolume_enable bait_1 0
		trigvolume_enable Griffin 0
		trigvolume_enable lowthug_1 0
		trigvolume_reset febtober
		trigvolume_reset febtober2
		chr_delete Recep
		console_deactivate 10
		particle lock_1b_locklight01 do start
		particle lock_1a_locklight01 do start
		particle vent01 start
		particle vent03 start

if (difficulty() eq 0){
		powerup_spawn cell 7016 1
		powerup_spawn ammo 7017 1
		}

if (difficulty() eq 1){
		powerup_spawn ammo 7010 1
		powerup_spawn cell 7011 1
		powerup_spawn hypo 7012 1
		powerup_spawn shield 7013 1
		powerup_spawn cloak 7015 1
		weapon_spawn w20_lzr 7014 1
		}

if (difficulty() eq 2){
		powerup_spawn hypo 7012 1
		}

ai2_spawn low_thug_1
		ai2_spawn low_thug_2
		restore_game
		sleep 30
		set_objective_3
		}

if (save_point eq 4)
		{
		dprint save_point_4
		my_save_point=4;	
		dprint restore4_active
		particle brainlock_2_locklight01 do stop
		particle brainlock_3_locklight01 do start
		door_lock 26
		door_unlock 27
		trigvolume_reset lockit 
		trigvolume_enable save_point4 0
		brain_counter
		trig_show 202
		trig_show 204
		trig_speed 202 .2
		trig_speed 204 .2
		trig_hide 2023
		trig_hide 2013
		particle brain start
		particle brain1 start
		restore_game
		sound_ambient_start deadlybrain_sound 0.75
		sleep 30
		set_objective_4	
		}
}

func void you_lose(string ai_name)
{
	sleep 240
	fade_out 0 0 0 180 
	sleep 240
	lose
}

And a second problem is why when I use Paradox's Muro Kamehameha Mod (For the Blue Particle) and rename it (eg to BINACJBOw20_lzr) etc for a new weapon to use that blue particle while WM Cannon retains it's orange lava, the whole game crashed. No matter how I tweaked it, even just leave the 4 blue particles in level2_Final Folder, Blam Oni Crashed... Anyway to create a new weapon (The current w20_lzr) to emit the blue flame while WMC still shoots orange flame. Best if the weapon can be level exclusive (It works for Syndicate Warehouse though).

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: I am suddenly unable to access AE Installer. It has been ok for bout an hour or two of bsl testing and so and I have not changed anything other than the package and my test mod (separate from the oni folder) on and when I connected to the internet, this happens... 'This programme has to be placed in the subfolder AE/AEInstaller/bin inside a vanilla Oni folder. The full path of the .jar-file has to be: OniFolder/AE/AEInstaller/bin/AEInstaller2.jar' . It IS in AE/AEInstaller/Bin! And I'm automatically forced to dl a whole new package inside this bin with another bin! I DID NOT EVEN CHANGE ANYTHING... Could I've been hacked? Kindly help TYVM !

Last edited by Rei (01/16/15 11:01)

#13 01/16/15 14:01

paradox-01

My 2 cent:

You can either wait for help or if you are in a haste you can backup your data from "Oni\AE\AEInstaller\packages" and reinstall AE.

(General notes about mod development.)

From there you should solve one problem after another: install the working parts of your mod and then one thing that doesn't work.

I know you want to surprise people with your mods but if you unsure how to track down problems it will be easier for other modders to help you if you upload you current files. Or you ask someone per email so no files are revealed to the rest of the community.

Use more debugger messages to see where code breaks. (E.g. one line for each function at begin and end, and for each "if" statement.)
As alternative to dprint blabla you can also use dmsg "bla bla".
This way bla bla is also shown when dev mode is off.

#14 02/06/15 17:02

Tracker

@Rei
3 weeks ago I played your Warehouse mod on Difficulty Normal and it was hard for me to finish it.

As I tried it out on Difficulty Hard I thought, that it is unplayable, but with a lot of luck, the SBG and the Screaming Cannon, I was able to kill all enemies on Save Point 1 and to pick up the DATAPAD on the crane two times this week.
Warehouse%20Level%20and%20Difficulty%20Mod%20DATAPAD.png

I have recorded a video of the WareHouse Mod Save Point 1 on Difficulty Hard
Oni Mod 91001 WareHouse (a great challenge)

I hope you will like it. Keep up the good work ^_^

Last edited by Tracker (05/24/15 06:05)

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#15 05/24/15 15:05

Tracker

Meanwhile I have finished the Warehouse mod on Difficulty Hard several times.
I have recorded a video of the whole level with my Battle Angel Alita Last Order Mod.
The video contains a fight against the Thug Boss and his Earthquaker Static special move.
Alita%20against%20the%20Thug%20Boss.png
Here is the video:
Oni Mod 91001 WareHouse with 27000 Alita Last Order

It's far away from perfect, but I hope you will like it ^_^

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#16 01/15/16 03:01

Rei

@Tracker Thanks for posting the video smile It was an awesome gameplay btw. You are truly a legend player big_smile Alita is a pretty interesting character to use too.

Board footer