Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 12/21/14 17:12

TOCS

Recent update?

Ehm, did you guys just update the game recently? Suddenly my game runs without vertical synchronisation and I now have, like 400 fps while playing without the weird choppy mouse movement that was induced previously. yikes The game feels a trillion times more responsive than before.

Last edited by TOCS (12/21/14 18:12)

#2 12/21/14 18:12

Iritscen

Re: Recent update?

I don't think anything changed.  Maybe there was an update to your OS?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 12/21/14 18:12

TOCS

Iritscen wrote:

I don't think anything changed.  Maybe there was an update to your OS?

Hmmm, I think it might be because I tinkered with my Nvidia profiles recently. I'm just really surprised though, in a good way! Previously when I tried to run the game without a frame cap it would induce a ridiculous amount of mouse stuttering and choppiness but now it's all gone. It's a world to difference. Going from 60 FPS, v-sync, to around 300 - 400 FPS average is a huge leap. Character and mouse movement is so much more responsive.

Have you considered adding an option to completely disable v-sync in-game? It's really, really great!

#4 12/21/14 19:12

Iritscen

Actually, vsync is not a feature of Oni, except on the Mac because Feral added it.  But recently I learned that Mac OS X now forces vsync on for OpenGL apps, so it's possible that Windows (or Nvidia) has started doing the same.  Most people don't like running without vsync because it tends to produce screen-tearing, but if the app feels better for you, then that's good.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer