Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/10/14 15:07

RobOnMV

How do I start?

Hello all,

Oni is the one game which has been on my mind for some time, and with my son loving all the latest XBox One games, but also loving anime I thought it would be great to show him what I've always thought of as one of the great games ever.

I have a MacAir running Mavericks, and if someone could provide me with links for where to buy the game, and the necessary patches to get it running I would be ever so grateful.

Thanks in advance.

#2 07/10/14 15:07

Iritscen

Re: How do I start?

Welcome!  Unfortunately the game cannot be bought new anywhere to my knowledge, so you have to peruse the standard secondhand sellers, such as Amazon (merchants) and eBay.  Once you have it, the hard part's done, as you can simply install the Anniversary Edition and it will provide the Intel Mac game app that you need, and automatically deliver updates in the future (whenever the AE Installer is opened).  Alternately you could just download the game app directly, but you won't get the fixes in the AE and the ability to install mods.  The definitive link for the Mac app is http://wiki.oni2.net/AE:FERAL.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 07/10/14 15:07

RobOnMV

Thanks so much - so the link above is for once I already have purchased the game I assume.

Thanks

#4 07/10/14 15:07

Iritscen

Yep, that's just for the app itself; first you need to buy the game so you have the game data smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer