Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/07/14 17:07

Lithium

If this game were to be played competitively

Who would be trash tier and who would be top tier?

Also I guess custom characters count

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#2 07/07/14 17:07

Samer
Website

Re: If this game were to be played competitively

Top tier : konoko, muro, mukade (sarai if counting custom)
Middle tier (?) tongue furies, tankers, barabas (casey, hayate, golden tctf)
Low tier : strikers, elites, black ops tctf,
Trash well thugs and comguys.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 07/07/14 17:07

Lithium

Yeah that sounds about right I suppose

#4 07/07/14 18:07

Iritscen

Don't forget about ninjas.  A lot of people seem to think they're the best class.  Also there's Kerr and Griffin.

I think we'd only really find out how the classes compare if they were used in multiplayer, because humans find creative ways to use movesets that the computer can't.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#5 07/07/14 18:07

Lithium

Well Mukade kinda counts for the whole Ninja class doesn't he? As for Kerr and Griffin, i'd put that under standard males (Cops, guards, TCTF grunts, lab workers, comguys, etc)

#6 07/08/14 06:07

TOCS

Uhh, the game is nowhere fit for competitive play, at all. It would need severe balance changes and re-designing of certain aspects of the combat system. As it is now, Barabas and Mutant Muro is on top because they can just spam earthquakes until you're dead.

#7 07/08/14 15:07

Loser

• Cheap bastards tier:
    - MutantMuro: spam those PAR3 moves. Or be a nice guy and go fair and square with your whole arsenal of unblockable melee moves.
    - Muro: Go on and crush opponents with your arsenal of block piercing melee moves. And if everything else fails, try for that very high damaging melee grab.
    - Mukade and Ninja: P-P-K-K-K-P-P-K-K-K-P-P-K-K-K ... enemy still not dead? Well, what can we do about that ... P-P-K-K-K-P-P-K-K-K-P-P-K-K-K-P-P-K-K-K...
    - (Kiss my) Barabass: EARTHQUAKER! EARTHQUAKER! EARTHQUAKER! EARTHQUAKER! EARTHQUAKER! EARTHQUAKER! EARTHQUAKER!

• High tier:
    - Konoko, Copfem and Civfem: decent combo abilities, spammable kick special,  awesome running throw and the strongest rear throw in vanilla Oni. What more to wish for? Oh yes, for some invulnerable frames in dodge animations.
    - Red: faster combos than Konoko, last attack from PPP and KKK has set invulnerability for a duration of the whole move, fast as a greased lightning.
    - Striker: fast PPP combo, waist level kick forward with HighStanceOnly block setting to nail crouch lovers and nice running throw moves to harass opponents. Oh, and unblockable jump punches.

• Medium tier:
    - Elite: Nice damage output overall, but S-L-O-W. Both special attacks are worth spamming, but high punch special misses regularly since it aims too high and kick special has kind of low damage.
    - TCTF SWAT: Slow as well, but with awesome spammable kick forward move. Bugged rear throw (0 HP dmg in vanilla) also does not help very much. Oh and the possibility to be hit by the victim of his own running throw if executed near wall is annoying as well.
    - Tanker: Medium speed and awesome spammable run kick (front/left/right) and kick special. And yes, three-knee grab. Unfortunately quite slow and clumsy (KKK combo is a joke), hence the medium tier.

• Low tier:
    - Commieguy, TCTF officer, civmale and scimale: fast decent PPP combo and fluent run kick are highlights, but lack of running throws and no kick special is definitely not a good sign of class usefulness.

• Thrash tier:
    - Thug: the only class whose P-P-P combo is slower than its K-K combo. Class for elite players to mock amateurs.
    - Shinatama and Scifem: at least they can do getup kicks and evasive rolls. Useful maybe for the purpose of baits or trolls.

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#8 07/08/14 20:07

Lithium

That's what I'm talking about big_smile

Board footer