Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/23/14 08:05

Venom3

Importing .xml-Animations into Softimage and export them to 3Ds Max?

Hello guys!

It was a pretty long time since I posted something here. Damn, I was so young (and dumb, but I don't want to warm up these times again...) big_smile

Okay, anyways. I simply love the Animations of the TCTF_swat_1. As I am an experienced user of Autodesk's 3D Studio Max, I would like to have the animations to be imported into that.
But it seems that nobody really uses that program, I also downloaded this Softimage-Program. I used VAGO-GUI to extract the contents of the whole game, and now I have a folder with more than ten-thousand .oni-Files.

And I managed to extract the .dae of the TCTF_swat_1 with textures and imported it into Softimage. Just for testing, I used a Muro-Animation called "TRAMMUROrun_kick". I read somewhere, that actually every character should be able to work with these animations, as all of them share the same skeleton, but I could be wrong.

So, how can I import this xml-Animation to work with this TCTF_swat_1?

I am VERY new to Softimage. I don't have any intention to learn how to animate using this, as I don't (yet) want to make Oni Mods. I just want the Animations to be in 3Ds Max and I'd like to play a little bit with it there.

So, do you have any more questions?

Thank you for your help in advance! wink

Cheers,
-Crimzan

#2 05/23/14 13:05

paradox-01

Re: Importing .xml-Animations into Softimage and export them to 3Ds Max?

Maybe it's possible to convert the dae to fbx and then import into 3Ds Max?

#3 05/23/14 13:05

Venom3

Just tried it, and it works! I just exported this guy as .dae, which worked great.
But still, the main problem remains:

This guy is in an idle animation. How can I use an .xml Animation-File I extracted from a TRAM using VAGO GUI and use it in XSI/Softimage to apply the movement to the character in the viewport?
I may have explained my problem quite bad... or do you understand what I mean?

Thank you for your help so far wink
-Crim

#4 05/23/14 21:05

EdT
Website

Go to the tab Characters in Vago. In the From Dropdown menu select TRAM ONI, then under the Options section select Extract with TRBS / ONCC.

For example Add TRAMMUROrun_kick.oni, then choose ONCCTCTF_swat_1.oni.  This will produce a dae with the Swat character and Muro's run kick animation.

#5 05/24/14 04:05

Venom3

Woow!
Thank you EdT, that worked well!

As a last question, I don't know if this is a little bit overwhelming, but... can you tell me which Animations this guy uses? From Walking to sprinting, from getting hit to his punches and kicks?

How I said, I don't know if this is a little bit much. But it works great so far, and if this is too much for you to look at, I will see wat I can find myself wink

Thank you very much!
-Crim

#6 05/24/14 08:05

Iritscen

Maybe this will help, though it doesn't include non-attack moves: http://wiki.oni2.net/Combat_moves

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#7 05/24/14 09:05

EdT
Website

To get a list all the animations of a character you have to extract as xml its TRAC file.  For example, swat uses TRACTCTFswat_animations.oni.  You will see that swat uses <ParentCollection>TRACstriker_animations</ParentCollection> for its basic animations, then comes a list of animations specific to swat.

#8 05/28/14 16:05

Venom3

Okey, that worked nicely!

Thank you guys! Thank you very much! smile

Board footer