Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#201 01/29/14 16:01

Tracker

Re: Anniversary Edition Seven is here!

I removed the unnecessary mods and added the new levels that Samer has told me.
The other mods were added automatically.
The result are the 50 mods in my updated screenshot a few posts ago.
Are these mods okay as base for the videos that I want to record?

Last edited by Tracker (01/29/14 16:01)

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#202 01/29/14 16:01

Samer
Website

if you want to showcase the new characters as i said you have to install Sam mega pack - Conversion package 22006 or else you would have installed all these characters for nothing as they won't appear in gameplay without it. also it might be better not to install all new levels at once but one by one when you finish each.

Last edited by Samer (01/29/14 16:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#203 01/29/14 16:01

Tracker

Thank you Samer, but when I try to install Sam mega pack I get a message, that it's incompatible with Dashing AI.
But Dashing AI will be automaticly installed as base for one or more other mods.
I will try out which mods are incompatible with Sam mega pack smile

#204 01/29/14 16:01

Samer
Website

dashing ai is only required for old china mod. so you can uninstall old china and dashing ai, play all the game with sam mega pack and when you finish all the levels you add old china and dashing ai and remove sam mega pack smile

Last edited by Samer (01/29/14 16:01)

#205 01/29/14 17:01

Tracker

Thank you Samer smile
I removed old china mod and dashing ai and updated the screenshot.
I will play Oni with these 48 mods to find out the news and whether it's stable for recording videos.

Last edited by Tracker (01/29/14 17:01)

#206 01/29/14 18:01

Iritscen

48 mods is definitely pushing your luck.  Feel free to just say "no" to some mods (does Oni really need blood?).  No one will blame you for having preferences (taste), or a sense of discernment about what you install.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#207 01/29/14 18:01

s10k
Website

The number isn't really the more important. I had times that I had problems with about 30 mods and another times that I had no problem with 40, it all depends of the mods and compatibilities with each other. If the game runs fine with that 48 mods there is no need to remove.

However you may experience some problems at some point in some level(s) (for example too much particles), in that case you will be forced to remove some temporarily until you pass that part.

Last edited by s10k (01/29/14 18:01)

#208 01/29/14 21:01

Samer
Website

if you face a crash it might be due to many particles, you can uninstall sarai and hammer for example as they don't appear in standard gameplay but city level and junkyard use them so so you can also temporarily uninstall these levels and then install them once the standard levels are finished. Same for new weapons, new weapons are only needed by wilderness preserve and boss battle level so you can also uninstall these levels and new weapons till standard gameplay is done.

Last edited by Samer (01/29/14 21:01)

#209 01/30/14 15:01

Tracker

You are right. 48 mods are too much.
I can play ONI, but in combination with the video capture program Oni runs out of memory.
Alloc told me 3 weeks ago that Oni has a limit of 2 GB RAM.

I removed the new levels as Samer suggested and will record the standard levels with the 36 mods I updated in the screenshot a few posts before.

I will use Sams Mega Pack to display new characters, but I will also use particle trails, because I like the effect in special moves.
I also added Elite Tanker again, because he sometime appears in Atmospheric Conversion Center (interior) at save point 3.

After recording the standard levels I will try to record some new levels, when I’m able to master them.
Thank you all for your useful hints smile

#210 03/04/14 10:03

Iritscen

Okay, Glass Breaking Moves has been added to the list of available packages.  It adds about 10 seconds of time to installation (on my computer) since it's a patch.  Being a patch allows it to overlap with other mods (which are coming later) which affect the same animations.  Would anyone object if I removed Complete Glass and put up a separate package for Standing Glass?  Dangerous Glass and Glass Breaking Moves are already in separate packages, so Complete Glass is becoming pointless since it only contains one unique mod (plus its glass-breaking component no longer does anything since the 2010 AE).

If you guys notice any problems with moves not breaking glass as you would expect, let me know and I can adjust the logic in the patch.

#211 03/04/14 11:03

s10k
Website

that looks ok to me (I am who developed stand glass). You can move the standglass to a standalone package or I will do.

Last edited by s10k (03/06/14 08:03)

#212 03/04/14 14:03

Tracker

Great work! "Glass Breaking Moves" works fine for me big_smile

I installed "Glass Breaking Moves", uninstalled "Complete Glass Mod" and tried it out in Chapter 14 - Save Point 2.
Glass breaks with punches, kicks, shots and throw of opponents through glass.
Unbreakable glass remains unbreakable.

The only things I still miss are jumps or jumpflips through glass.
Is it possible to add these features to the patch?

#213 03/04/14 16:03

Iritscen

Hmm, I don't remember jumps breaking glass in the old mod, but as I think about it, jump-flips may have broken glass because they do damage to enemies as if they are attacks and the idea was to add glass-breaking to all attack moves (plus knockdowns)... so maybe they did?  I thought I had captured all of the behavior of the old mod, but maybe I missed jump-flips.  I'll add glass-breaking to the jumps and jump-flips.

#214 03/04/14 18:03

Tracker

You are right. Jumps didn't break glass because they didn't cause damage, but jump-flips did.
In Oni AE v2010-05 I had installed the mods 31000GlassBreakingMoves and 32000DangerousGlass.
Please install these 2 mods and try a jump-flip through glass in the Syndicate Mountain Compound - Save Point 2 and you will see, that it was possible.
It would be enough for me  when jump-flips are able to break glass to recover the old behavior smile

#215 03/05/14 00:03

Samer
Website

tested the glass breaking mod - working great so far, it works for custom characters\moves too, and I didn't feel it added that much time to the installation. good job Iritscen and s10k smile like Tracker said only the jump flips are missing.

#216 03/05/14 22:03

Iritscen

Okay, I have added jump-flipping to the list of moves that breaks glass.  I never noticed before that only Ninjas, Furies, Konoko and Muro can jump-flip.  I also took the opportunity to perform more surveying of Oni's game data, and I discovered that I had missed a couple of other animations, including the Tanker's charging throw (AKA the football tackle), which is the only throw besides Konoko's Lariat which can hit third-party enemies while throwing a victim (the Striker's pile-drive also has an attack component, but it's very unlikely to hit anyone).  Now that it's captured as part of this patch, the Tanker should be able to tackle someone through glass.

I also forgot to mention a couple other things in my initial post about the mod:
1. I wanted to thank s10k for his continued work on XmlTools.  The tool was not originally designed to allow us to make these kinds of mods, so he had to do a major overhaul on the program to fulfill the request for this functionality.  He also worked hard to improve XmlTools' patching performance.
2. I thought of this mod as a potential object lesson for anyone who wants to see a complex XML patch in action, so I not only commented the code fairly thoroughly, but I wrote a read-me that comes in the package.  I would encourage anyone else writing a complex patch mod to make similar documentation and code comments, so we understand what you're doing with your patch.

#217 03/06/14 08:03

s10k
Website

Thanks. smile

However it seems it is missing the jump back flip, which can cause damage too.

P.S. I have uploaded Stand Glass package you can now delete complete glass mod.

Last edited by s10k (03/06/14 10:03)

#218 03/06/14 10:03

Iritscen

It's kind of strange, glass_break is being added to the damaging bones (the feet), but they don't seem to break the glass.  I saw the same thing with the ninja side- and back-flips.  Whereas Konoko's side-flip breaks glass, but her back-flip doesn't.  I don't think it's a problem with the patch per se, since the same method works for all other attacks.  But if we find out why this happens, maybe I can alter the patch to make the flips work.

#219 03/06/14 11:03

Iritscen

By the way, interesting side note: the collision data for the attack component of the Tanker's tackle was copied erroneously from Konoko's Lariat.  Since only his left leg has collision for ten frames, the Tanker will never actually knock anyone else down while tackling his target.  For the glass-breaking patch, I ignored this data and simply applied glass_break to his head for the duration of the attack, but he still can't knock anyone down.  If anything, that should be a core fix, so I might do that later.

#220 03/06/14 12:03

Tracker

The jump flip now works perfect for me to break glass.
Thank you so much S10k and Iritscen big_smile

#221 03/06/14 18:03

EdT
Website

Thanks for the update, glass breaking is fun!

Tracker wrote:

Unbreakable glass remains unbreakable.

You can always edit the BINADBMTTextureMaterials file and change the unbreakable glass to breakable smile

For example changing MPC_GREEN_NONBREAK_ will make the glass in the reception area of manplant breakable, AIR_GLASS_01 will make the glass overlooking the tarmac in Airport breakable. Of course making such changes will affect the gameplay, but for a custom mod, you could make all the glass in the game breakable.

#222 03/07/14 18:03

Tracker

@EdT
Thank you for the hint smile

#223 04/17/14 13:04

Tracker

Is this an Elite Tanker?
He sometimes appear in Oni AE Chapter 08 Atmospheric Conversion Center.
Is_this_an_Elite_Tanker.png

#224 04/17/14 19:04

Iritscen

And that's with no mods installed?  Because that looks like part of the Black Ops mod.

#225 04/18/14 05:04

Tracker

Okay, when he is not an Elite Tanker, then I don't need to install Pkg# 24250 by Nitro for Oni AE standard gameplay smile

Is it possible that he is a part of Pkg# 24250 BlackOps Syndicate by Nitro or Pkg# 22450 Casual Tankers by Samer?
He can very rarely appear at two different places in Chapter 08.

Oni AE runs stable with the following 36 mods on my PC.
AEInstaller2_v2.18_preferences.jpg

It has nothing to do with Oni, but I have sound problems while recording of gameplay on my new PC.
I have recorded all standard levels and I try to play them again and again to remove or reduce the sound interferences.
When there are only a few, I can cut them out of the video, but in some levels I had more then 50.

Here is an extreme example:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/450 … ording.zip

Has anyone else already had such sound interferences?

Board footer