Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#176 09/09/13 08:09

Iritscen

Re: Anniversary Edition Seven is here!

Oh yes, whoops.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#177 09/11/13 22:09

striker_slam90

Iritscen wrote:

Hmm, your Java version is fine (same as mine).  What happens when you type in the Terminal "java -jar /[put path to Oni here]/AE/AEInstaller/bin/AEInstaller2.jar"?  If you get an error as a result, it's best to copy-paste the error directly into your post so we can see exactly what it says.  Not sure if this will help Alloc, but you can also run "java -verbose -jar /[path to Oni]/AE/AEInstaller/bin/AEInstaller2.jar > ~/Desktop/aeijavalog.txt" to make a log of Java's attempt to open the AEI.

Hey, not to familiar with using terminal here. Can you give me an example of a path? Is it like [user/applications/oni folder] or some similar format?

Thanks in advance

#178 09/12/13 08:09

Iritscen

A sample path would be /Games/Oni.  The leading slash means "root level of the hard drive".  I keep Oni in a Games folder at root level, so that's the path I would use.  Going along with Alloc's point, the commands I should have given you (using my sample path) are:

java -jar /Games/Oni/AE/AEInstaller/AEInstaller2Updater.jar

and

java -verbose -jar /Games/Oni/AE/AEInstaller/AEInstaller2Updater.jar > ~/Desktop/aeijavalog.txt

#179 09/12/13 09:09

EdT
Website

Just a tip, after typing the commands java -jar  you can click and drag the file AEInstaller2Updater.jar to the terminal, (this will give you the path to the file), then press the RETURN key to execute the command.

#180 10/17/13 03:10

malloryjade

hey guys, sorry if this is a repost but I'm desperate and unwilling to go through 8 pages of text....

I've got the vanilla Oni on a disc that failed to play for me on Windows 7, so I downloaded the AE as suggested and installed about 13 mods but the game still won't start for me. I keep getting this:
2quua2p.jpg

any suggestions to fix this would be much appreciated! smile

#181 10/17/13 05:10

Alloc
Website

Unfortunately that message can be caused by about anything ... That's the Windows way of showing detailed error messages sad

It *could* be caused by corrupted binaries but since we ship our own with the AE I would assume that's not the reason. Perhaps some antivirus/firewall software? Don't have any other ideas right now, sorry.

Regards,
Chris

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#182 10/17/13 07:10

Iritscen

Did anything get printed to startup.txt in the Oni folder?  Also, try following these instructions and see what you can find for the Oni crash: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-co … o?id=10449

#183 10/17/13 19:10

malloryjade

Alloc wrote:

Unfortunately that message can be caused by about anything ... That's the Windows way of showing detailed error messages sad

It *could* be caused by corrupted binaries but since we ship our own with the AE I would assume that's not the reason. Perhaps some antivirus/firewall software? Don't have any other ideas right now, sorry.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks for that, I"ll check my firewalls now...

Iritscen wrote:

Did anything get printed to startup.txt in the Oni folder?  Also, try following these instructions and see what you can find for the Oni crash: ...

Do you mean in the vanilla folder or the AE folder? there was a readme.txt in the vanilla folder but had nothing helpful relating to windows 7, and the AE folder didn't have a startup or readme.txt.

I'm stuck and Oni-less  sad

#184 10/18/13 09:10

Iritscen

Hmm.  Sorry, I meant in the AE folder, but if there's no startup.txt there, then Oni isn't even getting off the ground before it crashes (you are launching the Oni.exe in the AE folder, right?).  Could you go into the AE Installer, and use the Help>Request help... item to send a report to us?  That will tell us things like the state of the AE installation and what version of the required frameworks you have.

Just a reminder, though, did you look in Event Viewer for details on the crash, as illustrated in the link I put above?

#185 11/07/13 10:11

Ozant1993

is the Anniversary Edition 7 support connection for proxy ?

#186 11/07/13 12:11

Alloc
Website

Yup, AE7 / AEI2 should work with proxies. Could never test it myself though wink

#187 11/07/13 17:11

Iritscen

You have to enter the proxy info in the AE Installer's Preferences/Settings dialog, in case you haven't seen that.

#188 11/08/13 00:11

Ozant1993

Alloc wrote:

Yup, AE7 / AEI2 should work with proxies. Could never test it myself though wink

AE12 ?? never heard of it  neutral

#189 11/08/13 01:11

Lithium

It's a secret to everyone.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#190 11/08/13 07:11

Alloc
Website

Ozant1993 wrote:
Alloc wrote:

AE12 ?? never heard of it  neutral

Read the name carefully and notice there's no 1 in AEI2.

#191 01/03/14 21:01

Samer
Website

why isn't onisplit being updated regularly ? the current one for AI is 0.9.92 the latest is 0.9.94 ... that's 2 versions behind. 
I understand that it's better to test the latest one before updating the AE with it but .. 0.9.93 is not the latest and has been out for months. http://mods.oni2.net/node/38/revisions
since they seem to fix bugs and add features to modding they should stay updated (that's the point of the auto-update core packages feature in the installer so we don't have to go hunting for updates we didn't even know were released)

also it would be great if we had a forum thread for onisplit so we can actually know what's changing in each version and be in the know when a new version is out.

Last edited by Samer (01/03/14 21:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#192 01/03/14 21:01

Iritscen

The basic issue is that I don't even know when a new OniSplit is out.  EdT and Paradox upload them quietly to the Mod Depot but don't tell me about them smile  I will try to test it soon and update the AE with it.

Sometimes change notes are placed on OniSplit's wiki talk page, but Neo isn't in the habit of updating it himself, so it falls on whoever he gives the OniSplit build to note what he changed about it (assuming Neo tells them those details).

#193 01/26/14 12:01

Tracker

I was not active in ONI for a long time. A few weeks ago I tried out the new AEInstaller2. It's a great work of Alloc and all those involved smile

The AEInstaller2 works fine for me, but I terribly miss that Konoko isn’t able to jump through glass on her own risk as in the old AE version.

I have installed the “32100 Complete Glass Mod “, but I’m only able to break the glass when I shoot on it with a weapon.

Can someone please tell me, which mods I have to install in addition that Konoko is able to jump through glass?

Last edited by Tracker (01/26/14 12:01)

ONI is the best game in the universe!

#194 01/26/14 14:01

s10k
Website

That it will be fixed in a future patch file. I'm working in updating XmlTools for that purpose.

I'm not sure if there's already some package that allows you to do it although.

Last edited by s10k (01/26/14 14:01)

#195 01/26/14 17:01

Tracker

@s10k
Thank you so much!

When I install Losers "32500 H2W System" in addition, I'm able to throw enemies through glass, but it also doesn't allow Konoko to jump through glass.

It would be cool when it would work all in the “32100 Complete Glass Mod“.
I look forward to the glass fix smile

Btw. The "80240 Parkour Challenge 2" level isn't displayed in Oni after installation, so I can't choose and play it.
3 weeks ago I told Alloc about this issue. I don't know whether someone has an idea to fix this.

But at the time the glass mod is more important for me.
I would like to record all standard ONI levels with the new AE version as I did in the past with my "Oni on time" YouTube Videos, but in a better resolution of 1280x720p to show improvements. This time I would use mods like HD Konoko, improved melee system, better character and level textures and better particle effects.

It would make me pleasure to create these videos.
I hope that no one in the forum has something against it.

#196 01/26/14 17:01

Iritscen

Hi Tracker, welcome back.  It would be nice to see some playthroughs of AE Oni, I'm sure no one would object to that.  We'll try to get the glass stuff working soon.

#197 01/26/14 22:01

EdT
Website

Tracker wrote:

Btw. The "80240 Parkour Challenge 2" level isn't displayed in Oni after installation, so I can't choose and play it.

To unlock the level, go to the folder packages/80240Parkour_Challenge_2, open the file Mod_Info.cfg in a text editor and add the line UnlockLevel -> 21

Good to see you again, Tracker, there has been a number of new mods.  Take a look at Samer's Wilderness Preserve: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2698

#198 01/27/14 16:01

Tracker

Thank you for your nice answers smile

@EdT
I added the line you told me and now I can choose and play the parkour level smile

Last week I tried out Samer's Wilderness Preserve and reached "Save point 5".
The ideas, the implementation and the gameplay videos by Samer are cool smile
Unfortunately I'm not good enough in jumping to reach the next save point. 
Samer is a more skilful player than I.

@Iritscen
I'm happy that you allow me to make videos about the new ONI AE version smile
It is the hard work of the members of the OCF that there are such great mods, not mine.
I hope that you will like my videos.

I've chosen the following mods as base to play all standard Levels (UPDATED: 30/1/14 21:50)
AEInstaller2_preferences.jpg
I know that I shall not select too many mods, but with these mods I had no problems to play all levels.
I will start with the TCTF training level.

Which mod numbers should I use in addition to show more new characters or other improvements?
Are there mod numbers I should remove because they are unnecessary for the standard levels?

Last edited by Tracker (01/30/14 15:01)

#199 01/27/14 17:01

Samer
Website

Hi Tracker long time no see smile
since I've tried almost all mods I'll give you my recommendations:
mods I feel you should remove because they don't add much to a standard gameplay :
*another red fury : won't appear in gameplay, it's an addition skin to fury's
*use either brutal AI or brutal konoko; not both, read the description to choose which you prefer.
*elite tanker: same reason as red fury
* hq ninjas modified : it's already included in character retexture
*ninja and akane combat animations: akane and jubei are no longer available and ninjas won't use the extra moves on their own.
* severed textured version 2 : already included in character retexture
* smart barabas with barabas draining regeneration together may make the barabas fight too difficult.
* new weapons won't appear in standard levels unless you manually cheat to get them- they do appear in some custom levels though.

* I also strongly recommend not using : particle contrails and dash blur, even if from first look it's not giving you any trouble, adding so many particles is not a good idea at all and you may face random crashes and lags later.

*Mods I highly recommend using:
* SMP-Conversion : I don't mean to talk up my own mod, but this is the best mod to showcase all the new characters through a standard gameplay. all new characters will be integrated into the original gameplay and enhance the story ... example you'll see casey aiding konoko, you'll fight regenerating characters, muro will be wearing a suit in some cutscenes, casual tankers will appear ... it will install all necessary characters.

*SMP hidden treasure challenge : this will add a hidden weapon in each level with a riddle to find it, I think it will be a great opportunity to show it while playing and coming across the hidden secrets.

* I also highly recommend showcasing new levels these are the most advanced form of modding we have and haven't been showcased properly. (even if not complete walkthroughs but some previews of them will be great. (you can have 1 video showing small snippets from each new level)

*Old China level by Ed and s10k: a great complete level which uses many modding techniques - it's a great example to show what the community has done
*Island level by Ed : good to showcase nature settings in Oni
*City level parkour by Ed : really fun and a huge level - since you enjoyed the original parkour - you'll love this one.
* Junkyard Zen Garden : a great mod that allows you to set your own battles, this mod should be showcased because it's the ultimate brawler arena that is fully customizable ..
*SMP Fightclub : a mod with various rounds of difficulty showcasing many new characters will appeal to brawler lovers.
* Wilderness Preserve : I know you said you tried it and got stuck at sp5 ... there was in fact a problem at that area that i fixed in the updated version so I hope you give it another try, there's a hidden gun behind the big yellow containers that you can use to take out the snipers and in easy mode the crates are static or maybe just showcase some parts of it if you like.
*Boss battle level by Ed: the last savepoint will give you the chance to fight the Iron Demon will be great to showcase that.

Last edited by Samer (01/27/14 18:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#200 01/27/14 19:01

Tracker

@Samer
Thank you for your many great hints. I'll try them out smile
I will start with the standard levels and when I have finished them, I can also try to make videos of the new levels.
I will try out your Wilderness Preserve level again, but I’m not good in jumping smile

Board footer