Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#151 01/19/14 14:01

ltemplar

Re: Oni_Dark Future_TC

Hmm..

I think "the underground research facility" will be a good way for start.
The concept is basically finish (story line), the geometry needs only some minor polishing, and textures are almost done.
And it will fit the actual oni time line (story is set between events showed in the TCTF redux and TCTF research lab).It will also be a base for future BGI level (Samer if you read this this is a good place to introduce some of BGI scheme and characters, that can be showed later on)

The only thing that remains is:

-adding charters(models average placing - none) ,
-doors(added but not working),
-lasers(only showed where should they be placed),
-triggers(eee...),
-consoles(not yet)..
-scripts (only basic)
-etc.

So everything that require more than basic.

So I think this or 1998 intro level .

And of course char animations......

Last edited by ltemplar (01/19/14 14:01)

#152 01/19/14 14:01

EdT
Website

Cool, then let's get started!  I can help with placing doors, triggers, consoles.  Did you look into using ModTools? http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2657

For Char animations, Samer is the expert.

#153 01/19/14 15:01

ltemplar

Ok.. but i think the rest can be talked trough e-mail(to not spoil to much and kill the surprise for the others).
When I finish the textures (something close to Friday) i will send you entire level , with the full story and ideas I want to show in it.
BTW.You can give my e-mail to Samer if he will be interested in cooperation(especially regarding the character/animation design part).

EDIT1. Paradox-01 I have a question regarding the vertex lighting. Is this feature actually working now, or it's reserved for the future release/es?
From my test when i add it to the level geometry, the Oni split have problems when it comes importing it, in to the game (It shows errors about unread geometry).

Last edited by ltemplar (01/19/14 15:01)

#154 01/19/14 15:01

EdT
Website

I look forward to your email

AFAIK, vertex coloring is working now, what are the specific error messages you are receiving?  I assume you are following paradox's instructions from the wiki: http://wiki.oni2.net/XML:ONLV#Vertex_coloring

#155 01/19/14 15:01

paradox-01

Just take a sniper tower from the last level and import it into Oni again. Then you know if your current onisplit version support it. I don't remember what version I used.

If I remember correctly, these vertex colors/lighing/shading/cav or whatever we call it, can only be applied to AKEV core geometry (so no furniture, no consoles, ...)

Edit: Sometimes I wonder why I even reply...

Last edited by paradox-01 (01/19/14 16:01)

#156 01/19/14 16:01

ltemplar

ooo.. env shadows enabled? well this is something new.
Well this will be better solution, if oni will not become unpleasant(read crash) by to much textures presented in the level . other than that..it is worth a shoot.

What regards vertex shadow/lighting. I'm familiar with that process, but still , there is to much problems for bigger objects (the inability regarding furniture is a new to me however)

#157 01/19/14 16:01

Iritscen

ltemplar, you might be misunderstanding the situation, or perhaps you're just not using the right words.  We do not have environmental shadows in Oni.  I suppose those would be grayscale texture maps overlaid on color texture maps.  Oni uses vertex lighting to shade the texture maps in order to simulate light, shadow, and color gradients across polys.  That is completely different from a shadow map.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#158 01/22/14 17:01

Samer
Website

ltemplar wrote:

(Samer if you read this this is a good place to introduce some of BGI scheme and characters, that can be showed later on)

cool I wouldn't mind seeing the level by the way ^_^ if you like me to.

EdT wrote:

For Char animations, Samer is the expert.

uhm tongue no not really ... any animations I've made are modifications of original ones (ex jester's doom ball and sarai's moves) or on animations done by others like Mukade (ex casey heavy kick) or paradox (hayate's kick) or you Ed (motoko animations) and Ltemplar (hammer animations) ... so for creating animations from scratch, ltemplar and paradox are better than me, what I can offer is tweaking the animation (make it smoother or correct length) and setting up its xml \ make it Oni ready once the basic animation is created.

ltemplar wrote:

When I finish the textures (something close to Friday) i will send you entire level , with the full story and ideas I want to show in it.
BTW.You can give my e-mail to Samer if he will be interested in cooperation(especially regarding the character/animation design part).

I'd be interested in seeing the level and hearing the story and ideas ... I can't make big promises though at this point that I'll be able to cooperate fully because I need a little modding break after the wilderness preserve and after that I like to continue my work on BGI hydra and troopers, executives and agents.

I can however give some ideas too ... example I enjoyed setting the lasers in wilderness level, I have a lot of ideas for puzzles and traps similar to that that I can set up in the level later (this or any other one where they might be used).

Last edited by Samer (01/22/14 17:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#159 01/22/14 18:01

ltemplar

When I ask for help in character animation I meant by that importing them into the game (not crating in XSI - that's my job so no worry)
Because this will be level, where some of your charters (mixed with mine) can be introduced, this is a perfect time to create something in cooperation.
By this i mean:
-little help with the design
-help with the placing (where the bosses should go)
-help with the import part (hard to admit , but my XSI  is working badly in that mater)

The level geometry , textures , etc will be my concern not yours or EdT(but of course any suggestions will be welcome)
I also focus more on realistic side (so i don't know is this will suit you) , but i will explain this more trough e-mail(if you are interested).

I also plan to play with the scale and some features i mentioned here (also add some new, not seen elsewhere enemies) , but this must be talked first more.
Probably this level will take more time to finish than any other done before, but trust me it's worth it.

#160 01/23/14 19:01

Samer
Website

ltemplar wrote:

When I ask for help in character animation I meant by that importing them into the game

i can do that.

... where some of your charters (mixed with mine) can be introduced, this is a perfect time to create something in cooperation.

which characters are you interested in so I have an idea ? Bgi agents ? BGI light bot ? Bgi heavy bot ? Sarai ? BGI Hammer ? BGI hydra ? Bgi executives ?

-little help with the design

I can do that.

-help with the placing (where the bosses should go)

I can do that

help with the import part (hard to admit , but my XSI  is working badly in that mater)

Ed is more experienced with that.

The level geometry , textures , etc will be my concern not yours or EdT(but of course any suggestions will be welcome)

would it have traps ? lasers and things like that ?
what about placing particles, trigger volumes, consoles, doors, scripting and such ?  do you need help with that ? if so I can help with that.

I also focus more on realistic side (so i don't know is this will suit you) , but i will explain this more trough e-mail(if you are interested)

so I can't use my flying elephant character sad ? - kidding, it's your level so whatever suits you. sure if Ed forwards the level and the story or description you send him to me I can get a better idea of what we're working with.

I also plan to play with the scale ..

scale of what ?

#161 01/24/14 19:01

ltemplar

I sent an E-mail to EdT.

By realistic side of the game I mean different play-trough. for different characters.
The graphics style can also change a lite bit to more realistic one.

There will be lots things to do (scripting , sensor coding , animations, additional traps?,etc) ,so any help will be welcome here.
But I will be more interesting work trough e-mails from that point , if you don't mind ?
Ask EdT for details or for my e-mail (if you need more informations)

Last edited by ltemplar (01/24/14 19:01)

#162 01/25/14 03:01

Samer
Website

I got an email from Ed ... no mention of which of my characters in particular you want to use. Email the answer to me if you dont want to reply here. Also if you dont mind I prefer if your characters dont use same name as mine ex the bgi agents you mentioned just to avoid confusion in the future and incompatiblities.

#163 01/25/14 04:01

ltemplar

Samer I sent you an e-mail , where I answered for most of yours questions.
BTW. Word agent don't automatically mean that thous will be BGI ones.

#164 04/24/14 15:04

Mri Bay

hello

so i wanted to try this mod, but it isnt working somehow.

got the dl off the opening post, unzipped it, copied it.
in the AEI it didnt show the name, only the Pkg#

anyway i installed it and... nothing changed

any ideas? i havent any sad

>implying i like oni

#165 04/24/14 18:04

Samer
Website

this method of installation is not supported anymore by the new AEinstaller. you should only install mods from within the AEinstaller itself.

Last edited by Samer (04/24/14 18:04)

#166 05/02/14 05:05

Mri Bay

ok, got it.

then how can i play this? or isnt it possible?

would be a pity, sounds really promising!

>implying i like oni

Board footer