Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/03/14 21:01

Samer
Website

Levelx - Level0 issue

Moved this here because it seems it might be a problem with onisplit ...

Samer wrote:

so can someone help explain this to me please ?
if we have 2 files of same name one is used in level0_Final and one in say level17_Final. then when you load level 17 wouldn't it use the file form level17 not level0 ?
Basically in this new level I want james to use a modified ONCC from the one in the Hasegawa package, removing chenille and taunts (cz he says in the taunt jamie's death won't be in vain, would be weird since she's alive in the level) . and I don't want to make the change permanent in the hasegawa package.

In the Hasegawa package ONCCjames_explore is in level0_Final.

in the wilderness package I add the new ONCCjames_explore to level17_Final this one doesn't have daodon powers or taunts. then I install ... both packages are necessary as the hasegawa one still has the textures and the trac ... I load level 17, james is still using the ONCC of level0_final from the hasegawa package and not the level17_final from the wilderness (Still has taunts and daodon) ... so how come :\ ? (Also wilderness pack has higher number)

Alloc wrote:
Samer wrote:

that's alright ... something strange is happening there ... @Alloc could it be the new Installer not writing files into the levelx if there are similar ones in level0?

Nope, AEI doesn't care about what is done with files. If at all it could be OniSplit but that shouldn't care about what's happening in other levelX-files either wink

after I installed with AI installer I decompiled the resulting level17_final.dat .. it gave the correct ONCC the one without taunts and without daodan.. but still in game it's not using that one in level 17. It's using the level0_Final one.

Alloc wrote:

/EDIT:
PS: If you want *me* to read your questions you should put them somewhere I'll notice them. Like in an AE(I)-related thread, mail, IM ... wink
If iritscen hadn't pointed me to your post I'd have never seen it.

hope here is better.

Last edited by Samer (01/03/14 21:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 01/03/14 22:01

Samer
Website

Re: Levelx - Level0 issue

I tried updating to the latest onisplit .. same issue.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 01/04/14 00:01

EdT
Website

Duplicated Samer's issue.  ONCC in level 17 does not override ONCC in level 0. 

However, as a workaround if you put the modified ONCC in level 0 of your package, then the taunts and daodan are gone. Though, if anyone uses the James Explore in another level or mod, they will lose the taunt and daodan.

#4 01/04/14 20:01

Gumby

Indeed, from what I recall this is the behavior for many file types.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer