Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 10/27/13 14:10

paradox-01

Re: Mod Tool addon: OniTools v7.1.8 and OniToolsDeluxe v3

OniTools v7.1 - Basic OFGA import / FURN export

Usage:
1. Drag and drop addon v7.1 into Mod Tool (installation can take a minute).
2. Open "OniXSI_resources" folder, then "shared".
3. Open the html, follow to furniture page.
4. Drag and drop any furniture link.
5. Select any furniture part to select the whole tree.
6. You can duplicate that selection with [Ctrl]+[D] and move/rotate as you wish (not allowed: [Ctrl]+[C], [Ctrl]+[V]).
7. Export funiture file ("furniture (OFGA)" button).
8. Place that xml file next to your level master file and register it if you haven't yet. <Import>BINACJBOFurniture.xml</Import>
9. Build and test your level.

More notes:
- Particle tags are not yet supported.
   You would have to place them by hand into that BINACJBOFurniture file.
   For more information how OFGA/FURN particle tags work, see HERE
- Duplication does only work with furniture at the moment.
- As you might notice I removed the navigation (no other place to go right now) and dae files from the furniture library page.
   There's not much sense in listing the dae files there.
   The remaining xml line is also stupid, I hope to replace it later, packing the images all over the page and removing the zoom.
   That way you will be able to find faster your object.
- There's no update function for the library yet.
   If you really need to update the lib, place the new OFGA file (no prefix), M3GM and TXMP into the "shared" folder.
   Then delete the Oni_Object_Library.html file and drag and drop the "shared" folder into Mod Tool.
   This should rebuild the html. Caution: All furniture objects will be rendered again, this can take a while.

Edit:

v7.1.1

I planned to connect the images with the drag'n'drop links but ModTool catches only the image and not the link.
So for now we will keep those text links.
Anyway, I still think this is an improvment compared to v7.1.
Advice: you can scale the web browser window with control+minus/plus and control+mousewheel.

OniTools_v7.1.1_Furniture.png

Last edited by paradox-01 (10/28/13 16:10)

#27 10/29/13 15:10

paradox-01

v7.1.2

Prints object's position and rotation. (Relative to its parent object). Select one or more objects.
"position_and_rotation_of_selection.txt" will be saved to your desktop.

OniTools_v7.1.2_print_pos_rot.png

#28 10/29/13 16:10

ltemplar

That's nice ...So now We will be bale to place all emitters for weapons/objects in the 3d program? Splendid.
Tell me only one thing .This work for weapons/map particles only or for characters too(also added in animation states)?
If yes this will be the breakthrough I'm waiting for.
Even if not, fantastic job as always. smile

#29 10/30/13 17:10

paradox-01

IIRC, you can't easily (cuz more effort) emit particle from a specific character position. At first you have to put the direction in a vector-ish manner, then the distance.
E.g.
<Direction><Offset><X>float</X><Y>float</X><Z>float</X></Offset></Direction>

<Position><BodyBones><OffsetRadius>float</BodyBones></OffsetRadius></Position> or:
<Position><Line><Radius>float</Radius></Line></Position>

I don't think there are many useful places for relative values, at least for the position of ONWC emitters. It's still a mystery to me how rotations are handled there.

<Transform>* * * forward/backward_rot_vector-ish? left/right_rot_vector-ish? up/down_rot_vector-ish? * * * x_pos y_pos z_pos</Transform>

If one of you provides a formula for converting regular values to that transform matrix-thingy I could let Mod Tool output the values as <Transform>...</Transform>.

That's what I need:
      convert
<Position>x y z</Position>
<Rotation>x y z</Rotation>
       to
<Transform>? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? x y z</Transform>

Reading material:
http://wiki.oni2.net/ONWC#0x1D8_to_0x6D … icle_array
http://wiki.oni2.net/OBD:CRSA

------------------------

I forgot about Samer's/Ed's question of particle/object position/rotations. For that goal absolute values can be used.

v7.1.3

Prints absolute position and rotation of any object.

ModTools_v7.1.3_print_abs_pos_rot.png

Last edited by paradox-01 (10/31/13 03:10)

#30 10/31/13 14:10

paradox-01

\\\ Breaking News /// ^_^

When you scroll down that wiki page you can get a tool made by Neo to calculate Oni matrices.

X, Y, Z = position
Rx, Ry, Rz = rotation

Oni_Matrix_calculator.png

Last edited by paradox-01 (10/31/13 14:10)

#31 11/04/13 09:11

Samer
Website

thanks for all your hard work paradox .. I haven't been able to test the new changes yet, but it sounds great ^_^

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#32 11/22/13 00:11

Samer
Website

paradox I'm having trouble with using the Trigger volume feature.
I load an existing Trigger Volume xml for the level I'm working on ... it loads correctly to XSI.
I add a new trigger volume by clicking add then I scale it and place it on the geometry where i want it, (like you did in your video) I choose the name I want and the function and the Teams affected and then click save xml. In the resulting saved xml the original tvs are correct while the one I added doesn't have the right info. the func field is empty eventhough i filled it in xsi, the size is 40 40 40 eventhough it was re-sized, and the teams field has 0. So basically it just exported the position and the id number... what do i need to do to make it save correctly ?

Last edited by Samer (11/22/13 00:11)

#33 11/22/13 13:11

paradox-01

Sorry, the "add" button only adds a new TV, to apply/change properties use the "update" button.

Scaling is not supported, you would have to move the polygones to change the TV size (like seen at 19:12).

#34 11/22/13 20:11

Samer
Website

still not working as it should for me.
I load a trigger volume xml .. they load fine. I add another tv.
I name it and add the properties and click update then save the xml.
it's not exporting the name of the tv I add but exporting the other properties.
If i load the xml i saved again, I can't see the tv I added and its position becomes wrong example if in xsi i positioned it at -292.244 -50.21 -616.01 and saved, then when I load that xml in xsi the position of that tv becomes -292244 -5021 -61601 (without the decimal point) and even if I reset the position I can't find that tv in xsi, which makes it difficult for me to continue my work later.

Last edited by Samer (11/22/13 20:11)

#35 11/23/13 06:11

paradox-01

Please upload your xsi-made TV collection and a scene file containing these TV, too.

#36 11/24/13 13:11

paradox-01

v7.1.4
- The update button should be able to set a new TV name too.
- TV size should support scaling.

Still not sure about the comma-point-issue for positions, haven't got your files yet.

#37 01/02/14 16:01

paradox-01

v7.1.5
- CRSA (corpse array) import
- video

#38 01/02/14 16:01

s10k
Website

wow this is great! Would be interesting if me and EdT had this at the time we build the Old China level (last part the corpses were created using scripting).

I pretty sure this will be very useful to everybody that is working in level editing.

Also good explanation movie, it looks that it is very easy to create and play with the corpses.

#39 01/02/14 16:01

Samer
Website

I need to add corpses to the new level, but a question ..
in the beginning of the video you dragged and dropped the level dat ... is that necessary ? can i just use the dae file of the level instead ?

#40 01/02/14 16:01

paradox-01

What you really need is the 2 files in one folder, xml and dae file, whereby the names must be the same.
For example ONCCbarabus.xml + barabus.dae

The conversion via dat drag'n'drop is just supposed to make things easier.
You could install all possible characters with AEInstaller and then use the level0_Final.dat from Oni\AE\GameDataFolder to extract them all for Mod Tool.

The ONCC type and name requirement has "something" to do how Mod Tool processes the data.
(If you use the dae, Mod Tool will not know what ONCC you used and it will not know that it even was an ONCC.)

#41 01/02/14 17:01

Samer
Website

I mean for the level geometry is it only for reference or is it necessary to create the onlv correctly ?
if i have wilderness.dae and i just use that instead of level17_Final ... and add corpses and export will the resulting onlv be missing other level info ?

because when I'm dragging and droppin level17_final dat from my AE folder to xsi nothing shows up.

Edit: ok the onisplit cmd eventually showed up .. was taking too long on my PC.

Last edited by Samer (01/02/14 18:01)

#42 01/02/14 18:01

paradox-01

Your wilderness.dae will also work. The level geometry is really just for reference, so you know where to place the corpses.

As said in the vid, it's important that the corpses are located on the "CRSA" scene layer.
Then when you drag and drop the ONLV into the scene, only the CRSA instance will be updated. All other information in the ONLV file remain the same.

So, in your case, you build the level and make it a package like you always do, and then as last step you update the ONLV oni file inside the package.

Last edited by paradox-01 (01/02/14 18:01)

#43 01/02/14 19:01

Samer
Website

cool, just had my first successful CRSA import\export
Oni+2014-01-03+01-51-08-19_cr.jpg
thanks a lot paradox for this tool, I wouldn't have been able to add Tvs and now corpses without it.

#44 01/02/14 19:01

Samer
Website

Paradox, there's a bug ... though the corpses themselves are appearing well, while testing the level I realized that all doors don't work anymore, whenever a door is opened the game crashes.. also comparing the original onlv with the crsa updated one, the new one is 10 kb smaller (shouldn't it be bigger if it's adding the crsa ?)
so I'm guessing the part about doors is getting removed  (if there's such a thing?) from the onlv when it gets updated with crsa. here are my onlvs the -copy is the original with working doors and the other is the crsa updated one with crashing doorshttps://www.dropbox.com/s/bo7deo0na7z45u2/onlv.zip

Last edited by Samer (01/02/14 20:01)

#45 01/03/14 05:01

paradox-01

What tool do you use to process your level's master xml file?

Vago still uses onisplit version 0.9.86.0

You can try to get onisplit 0.9.94.0 and put it into Oni\AE\Tools\VagoGUI

After that, process the master xml file and update ONLV again.

Last edited by paradox-01 (01/03/14 06:01)

#46 01/04/14 02:01

Samer
Website

I started over, seems to be working well now, not sure what went wrong the first time.
Another question: if I add corpses and update the onvl and close xsi. If I later decide to add more corpses (open level geometry and place new corpses) and reupdate the onvl I got the first time, will the old corpses be preserved ?

#47 01/04/14 06:01

paradox-01

No, the CRSA instance is always replaced, not merged.

If you still have old and new ONLV you can merge them by hand.
Let the CRSA slots count 20, and adapt the Fixed/UsedCount tags.

#48 01/10/14 20:01

Samer
Website

paradox-01 wrote:

If you still have old and new ONLV you can merge them by hand.
Let the CRSA slots count 20, and adapt the Fixed/UsedCount tags.

I did that ..  I copied the entire corpse section from the ONLV that had it to the one that didn't, though the corpses showed I keep getting weird effects with the doors. They become double doors .. when a door opens another closed door is behind it.
My issue is I have one onlv with some animated objects without corpses and one with corpses without animated objects .  I want both ... so instead I copied the animated obj part to the one with crsa. This worked temporarily. I later added something to the geometry, a static object, a cube with texture, built level 5 with level maker and then took that AKEV and used it with the onlv that had corpses and animated objects and was working fine with the akev that didnt have this static object but when that onlv and akev are used together the result is the double doors and some consoles showing with green transparent textures. Aren't the akev and onvl independent ? The akev with the cube works with the onlv without crsa, and the akev without cube works with the onlv with crsa  any guess why that maybe happening ?
I hope in the future we can add the ability to import crsa using the xml master file ... so your mod tool generates the crsa.xml but we don't update the onlv that way, instead we add a link to the crsa to the master xml and it builds into the onlv like it does to the animated objects.
Onisplit 0.9.94 was uses for all operations.

Last edited by Samer (01/11/14 07:01)

#49 01/11/14 05:01

paradox-01

"Aren't the akev and onvl independent ?"
Not entirly. (See ONOA.) Changing the objects in ONLV might lead to ID shifts so that AKEV doesn't apply the correct AGQG pieces.
But without the files I can't tell anything final.

#50 01/11/14 09:01

Samer
Website

I think I know what the problem was but I'm not sure how I fixed it.
when you use levelmaker it creates the ONLV containing the info about the doors geometry already in the ONLV itself with no additional files.
when the ONLV is converted to xml form oni to add the CRSA instance it creates a bunch of dae files of the doors as well. converting the ONLV then from xml to oni gives a bunch of M3GM files of the doors.
If you take the ONLV alone without the M3GMs doors crash when they open ...that's what I faced first time ... (it didn't have the info about geometry inside ONLV itself hence t was smaller in size as I noted before)
If you take the ONLV with the M3GMs to you end up with double doors as if they're imported twice, this is what I'm facing now.

I deleted everything in the out folder of LevelMaker, rebuilt the level, converted the resulting ONLV to xml, it gave a bunch of daes, merged the CRSA to it, reconverted that ONLV directly to another folder it gave M3GMs and ONLV.oni .. I took all of them to a clean package and added the other files form the out folder to it and it seems to have worked now.

Last edited by Samer (01/11/14 09:01)

Board footer