Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 07/24/13 08:07

tens

Re: What Made You "Fall In Love" With Oni?

Well, it was one of my childhood games.(Recoil, Urban Assault, Jazz Jack Rabbit 2, Future Cop LAPD) Oni was actually something i rarely played, just cause i didn't understand shit when i played it at first, age of 7. Was addicted to Future Cop, Recoil, Urban Assault at the time, these games like Oni, were gems which weren't cut properly. They could have been the games to define gaming as we know it right now. But just couldn't do it. I wonder how people overlook these kinda games and wonder why their childhood is shitty xD. I started playing games from around 4 yrs old, My first experience was seeing my brother get the computer and on the same day buy this and the other games. Oni, made me get into fighting.. big_smile, not the street thug things.............................. Oni was good, yeah.. Good times.

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#102 07/24/13 16:07

Jon God

Fighting system, for sure, is what kept me playing.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#103 07/24/13 19:07

mariparis

Iritscen wrote:
mariparis wrote:

When I was a kid I tried to cut my hair like hers but I ruined my hair  yikes

Wow, that deserves an entry in the "You know you play too much Oni when..." thread, I haven't heard that one before.

Lol I will post that there and I even tried to dye my hair purple with kool-aid because my mom didn't want me to use dye x)

#104 09/14/13 20:09

InnkeeperX86

The fighting system, for sure. I always loved it, and Konoko, too. Great character. Had a crush on her when I was twelve. Now I'm 27 and I still do. : P

...the prison-house is the world of sight, the light of the fire is the sun, and you will not misapprehend me if you interpret the journey upwards to be the ascent of the soul into the intellectual world according to my poor belief, which, at your desire, I have expressed whether rightly or wrongly God knows.

#105 09/16/13 08:09

Dirk Gently
Website

Combat and AI systems, definitely.

#106 09/16/13 16:09

Delano762
Website

Uniqueness. My favorite video games have this tendency to be the (more-or-less) only one of its kind. Anybody knows a TPP beat-em up with TPS/Max Payne-like controls other than Oni?

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

#107 09/18/13 12:09

tens

Not really, but i recommend Urban Assault and Recoil any day for a unique experience but they are quite hard to find, even on the net. I have a copy of it. Paranautical activity is also a game which is quite unique it isn't like Oni but a bit like cod4 and Binding of Isaac combined smile.

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

Board footer