Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#851 08/23/13 20:08

EdT
Website

Re: Movies

Thanks to Paradox's discovery of the use of <GunkFlags>GridIgnore</GunkFlags> while importing a new level and making tall ghosts we now have pathfinding on uneven ground.

This video shows fighting on the side of a hill, then Mukade running to find Konoko.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj3ptZnZtx0

I dusted off my Outside level from 2011 and updated it with the new bnvs and tall ghosts.

#852 08/24/13 06:08

s10k
Website

wow that's great!

#853 08/24/13 08:08

Iritscen

Yeah, that's good news!

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#854 08/24/13 17:08

Samer
Website

time for that natural preserve level \ hasegawa flashback big_smile

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#855 08/24/13 17:08

EdT
Website

Samer: Anytime you want to start making it, I'll be glad to help!   big_smile

#856 08/25/13 16:08

levka1

i be damned.. i wasnt in this forum for like 1 2 years, but you guys stayed faithful to this forum and this game.. really warms me to see such strong community, i bet you will make oni2 faster then those who have the rights for this game will... have you considered creating Kick-starter? many small companies managed to pull nice sums for wanted games(few come to mind):
road rash redemption,baldurs gate enchanced,planescape,wasteland 2,amikrog,project eternity.
i mean considering your full potential and experience with modding,skinning and scripting maybe you will be able to work on new oni.
I really believe kick-starter is the way for new Oni- rather then expending for free your great mods or waiting for take2.

#857 08/26/13 05:08

tens

wait, @Levka, I don't think we can raise money to create the game directly. But we could raise money on the premise of getting the license, for making the game. I'm not even sure that's allowed :\. But yeah, AMAZING, community.

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#858 09/01/13 12:09

Samer
Website

This is my run at the parkour challenge ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM3D_t_G1y0   (Thanks again EdT for the fun level)
I lost some time in my run, so the challenge is still open for someone to claim a better time smile

#859 09/02/13 13:09

Samer
Website

I beat my previous time of EdT's parkour challenge in the city level ... and made another video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKXw5jt3 … e=youtu.be
this is my best time yet (183 vs the previous 201) ... I encourage you to try the mod and share your best time as well ^_^

#860 09/03/13 01:09

tens

"I'll need time" saying that would be an understatement xD. That was amazing man.

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#861 09/06/13 12:09

Samer
Website

I've made my youtube channel a bit more Oni oriented http://www.youtube.com/user/Greenremas and featured some of other Oni modders channels.
Subscribe if you want ^_^

#862 10/08/13 23:10

Samer
Website

This is a "teaser" \ small preview of the New  Wilderness Preserve Level that I'm working on with EdT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHHEqAk3 … e=youtu.be

#863 10/09/13 06:10

tens

You guys know about that comic "Wasteland Flowers" right? Are you guys planning on making levels based on that? It would be really amazing to have a story to follow with the levels. smile.

#864 10/09/13 06:10

tens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6umL-E-q8hk, This is "City Parkour" By EdT, It's truly an enjoyable level if you have friends over and you wanna have a match at whose better at handling the game. (Was going to say Oni.... but that seems weird.) If you enjoy what i do instead of the usual stuff, please leave a like and if you want more Oni custom maps, fights or a walkthrough for a tough level, hit that subscribe button smile.

#865 10/09/13 16:10

ltemplar

The level looks promising, but this tree wall you showed in the video is something...quite disturbing.
I mean it's looking to flat more like painted factory wall than what it supposed to be(or this is done by purpose to show the WGC lie?).
The pool concept is nice too, but what it should present graphically exactly? A industrial hole? a lake? an part of the river? Because for now it look like a quadratic unnatural hole that is more suited for some kind of bio-research lab than a waste disposal in wildness.
Overall.
In this phase entire level(shown on the video that is) looks to mathematically correct, unnatural and more like some kind of research complex than something that was created by nature.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/09/13 16:10)

#866 10/09/13 17:10

s10k
Website

Samer wrote:

This is a "teaser" \ small preview of the New  Wilderness Preserve Level that I'm working on with EdT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHHEqAk3 … e=youtu.be

Looks pretty cool. smile

Last edited by s10k (10/09/13 17:10)

#867 10/09/13 20:10

EdT
Website

ltemplar: Well, what you see are the limits of my 3d modeling.  This is the first level I'm making from scratch, trying to make things look organic is a technique I'm still learning.

Instead of a tree wall, what would you do?

#868 10/09/13 20:10

Samer
Website

Ltemplar, we discussed why we were using a tree wall before, and I posted a map of the level that we are following, I'm really happy with how it's turning out ... I think you need to lower your expectations a bit, it's never going to look like tomb raider or skyrim ... thanks for the opinion though, we'll keep it in mind. P.s still waiting for the rest of your trees and shrubs smile they're kinda all that is left to complete the design so i hope you give us an update on the level's thread (u kinda ignored my post there)

Last edited by Samer (10/09/13 21:10)

#869 10/10/13 02:10

ltemplar

"Instead of a tree wall, what would you do?"

Oh man ..there is so many thing s you can use .
First fences - the can be nicely composed with 2d trees(transparent) and after thous trees you can add  a wall(transparent irregular shaped) this will create illusion , that there is something more , but fence is enough to disallow player to go and see how it is done.you can also create a lake big enough to cover one side of the natural preserve(the frascape can be drawn or baked). The next side can be cut by very big mountain or hill that disallow player to go on the other side of it (too steep to be crossed) the other is inner city wall.

That's all for the external part(a.k farscape)

What regards internal

You have 3d trees that can be mixed with 2d one , fences with cameras, turrets, minefields, guard towers, and other things, that may force player to change direction(otherwise it's certain death), and go by defined by creator patch. I also see there a small underground cave in the concept, that can be a perfect solution , how to cross some area. And make the train more wavy and smooth. This hole at the beginning can be also a good material for the river that is connected with bigger one(that can be crossed), which is connected with the lake.
Add only few 3d and 2d trees in the inner part of the level(add rocks as natural parkur challenge here and there - perfect for by-passing river for example).
The next thing is that the level shouldn't be seen as box , if you dont want to get that nasty fill.

One method that you can use to achieve this is:
-first create the rough shape of the the areas (with rivers lakes and all natural obstacles in it)
-then add smooth tool to it(so everything becomes more rounded)
=Add trees wall(mix of 2d walk with 2,5 trees, cut from crossing by high fence for example)- so the far scape will look more natural and less like painted wall
-then add fences ,walls in the internal part(to close and separate areas) , guard towers, minefields (objects that will create "natural" borders)
-Then add things , that will allow cross that in specific areas(rocks in the rivers, underground cave that will bypass some heavily guarded area)
-add patrols, etc(but I think you already know that)

I can cerate some basic layout for you if you have a problem, but as I mentioned to EdT , I'm busy Now with real stuff and will not be able to post any updates models textures , till the end of the next week.

PS. sorry for bad English but I'm in hurry.

Last edited by ltemplar (10/10/13 02:10)

#870 10/10/13 06:10

Samer
Website

we don't have a problem with the outside, we've already done something that looks good for it ...
for the inside again "Add trees wall(mix of 2d walk with 2,5 trees, cut from crossing by high fence for example)" "then add fences ,walls in the internal part(to close and separate areas) , guard towers, minefields (objects that will create "natural" borders) "
we can't use too many trees it will overload the engine with polygons, having transparent obstacles doesn't help, we said we need solid walls to block the view of too many trees at once. we already have mines, rocks, buildings etc ... as I said it's almost done. and as the video I posted before of the Harry Potter game this tree wall technique is used in other games, older games .. like Oni. further discussion -if necessary- should be on the level's thread.

#871 10/10/13 13:10

ltemplar

Ok. If for you and any one else everything is ok..then that's fine.
As I said before my assumption is based on what I saw on the preview not the whole level.
You can completely ignore my previous posts then.

#872 10/10/13 16:10

Dirk Gently
Website

tree wall is better than just an invisible wall. a fence might work better, but that is something to be discussed down the road later.

#873 10/18/13 17:10

G3CD

I just started a new Oni Let's Play series on my Youtube channel and intend to do a daily video until I beat the game. Please let me know if you got any ideas what else I could film Oni-wise or if I'm missing any secret areas, items or moves:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9VFt2vlQtx1vS57lfvod6P2aJf6v66RT

cheers,
Michael

#874 10/18/13 18:10

Samer
Website

you could install newer mods to show off the game and AE in better light (character improved textures, konoko HD model, improved level textures) (I keep suggesting that I know ^_^) ... also reading your description I got a feeling that you think it was only released for Mac and not PC ?

#875 10/19/13 07:10

G3CD

Yes, I do think Oni was started on the Mac as Bungie was a Mac company that started its success with Marathon and was featured live on numerous Apple events with Steve Jobs?

Another question regarding video: Do you know if there's a site with an official statement from Feral Interactive or Bungie or whoever that people are allowed to do use captured gameplay material on Youtube and monetize it? I mean, currently, it's not an issue as I have 82 subscribers and the Oni views are next to zero, but I got a mail from Youtube that they require some official statement (like, from a website) that I'm allowed to do so.

I still wonder why there are so few videos on Oni even though it's such an awesome game ... does Rockstar have it's hands on this?

Board footer