Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/25/08 12:01

matteoiamma

Oni 2

I Want the Bungie creates and publish Oni 2!!!!!
It's fantastic gameeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

#2 01/25/08 13:01

Iritscen

Re: Oni 2

Yes, we would all like to see an Oni 2.  Unfortunately Bungie doesn't own the Oni property anymore, Take-Two does.  But some fans here are working on their own Oni 2... it will only take another decade to finish... smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 01/25/08 19:01

Gumby

I think with new textures, and new melee stuff, it will soon look like Oni 2...

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#4 08/07/08 00:08

wly201

waiting for oni2too o(∩_∩)o...

How to speak English ??

#5 05/23/09 16:05

Ire Yosuke
Website

Well I could do some beta testing. I do that daily for EA Games o.O. As for art, well we have plenty talented people from Deviantart. Now the programming is the tricky part. But I guess we could use some engine and just heavily mod it. Don't really know which one but I'm sure there is plenty to choose from.

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#6 05/23/09 16:05

Gumby

Not many texture artists on DA, are there?

#7 05/23/09 16:05

Ire Yosuke
Website

Why don't we talk to those guys? : http://www.tiberiandawn.com/

"There are two things that cannot be ignored in life. One is a cannon, the other, a cannon ball." - Commander Patrick "Bombard" Bomba

#8 05/31/09 16:05

myplea1

well with all the mods we've come up with it may sa well be a oni 2 sice we've got so much stuff

Awol

#9 05/31/09 18:05

Gumby

Ire Yosuke wrote:

Why don't we talk to those guys? : http://www.tiberiandawn.com/

Because we don't need a new engine right now, especially one made for an RTS. wink

#10 06/02/09 03:06

Ire Yosuke
Website

No no, not the engine. Textures! As for an engine. Do you know a game called Mount&Blade ? No? Check it out. Why? It already has an implemented hit body part system. Not only that, it also calculates your weapon's basic speed plus your rotation. To put it into a nutshell. When you swing your weapon and turn your mouse the same dirrection, it gives you a speed and damage bonus. There are various body parts to hit. Head, arms, torso and legs. They have projectile weapons. Several mods for M&B implemented long range firearms.

#11 06/02/09 08:06

Iritscen

Hmm, doesn't look like M&B runs on an open engine, so I guess the only way to use it would be to mod Oni resources into it, right?  I'm afraid there's way too much in Oni's engine that wouldn't translate to that engine at all (the entire gunplay system, for one).

And not to be a persistent naysayer, but I'd be quite surprised if fans of another game were willing to take the time to make textures for our game :0)  The only way we'll get new textures for Oni is if someone joins the community who has that kind of talent.  It's just too labor-intensive for a non-fan to get involved in that sort of work for us, unless money were offered.

#12 06/02/09 19:06

Ire Yosuke
Website

Well I got my friends from Computer Graphics to make some textures but since it's exam time, thei work will be shown at the end of the next month ;/

Still I think we sould at least get some models going so they will know what they will be texturing.

#13 06/02/09 20:06

Iritscen

Ire Yosuke wrote:

Well I got my friends from Computer Graphics to make some textures

Wow, do we even know what we're texturing yet? smile  Are we discussing an Oni 2 or doing new textures for Oni?

#14 06/03/09 03:06

Ire Yosuke
Website

Beats me. I got them to do something. For now I think we will just do some new textures for Oni 1 since there are no models for Oni 2 no ?

#15 06/03/09 07:06

Iritscen

No, there are no models for Oni 2.  Oni 2 is more of a state of mind than a game, really.  Everyone has their own ideas as to what it would be about and what form it would take.

Now Oni, on the other hand, could definitely use some new and HD textures.  We've had an on-again, off-again topic for this here: http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … php?id=341 , so you might want to read that, and if you have any questions, we could continue the discussion over there.

#16 07/14/09 04:07

Onikuzu

about Oni2.... i cant really say if there any other game i love more then ONI so i would like to particate in developing of ONI 2. So if there is any ONI2 project site , please let me know. My idea ,what i will try, is to borrow an Unreal3 engine and lots of Mirrors edge. Make whole new maps, models, story etc. Becose Mirrors Edge was the first game that remind me of ONI. I would like to se ONI 2 as an mod to mirrors edge. OR of courese as an expansion to ONI 1 engine. (or SOurce engine too is really easy to use)....

imagine.... postapocalyptic world filled with ruins where you must get your way up in basejumping style. Bases with groups of humans thet survived Muros plan fighting ageinst each other and against mutants under sindicate control....

Last edited by Onikuzu (07/14/09 04:07)

#17 07/17/09 05:07

levka1

wa Onikuzu i never imagined Oni 2 story smile Its just finishes and has sad end, but yes that would be cool, if for example lol maybe it stupid but say hmm Moro will have his twin or little brother who after the catastrophe lost his mind and began his own syndicate.. well your story is better i think..  Uh people here so want Oni2 i cant understand why this talented texturers, modellers, scriptwrites etc. wont just start there own site and begin working on Oni2..  Everyone can help if in money or if using his own talents and brain..

#18 07/20/09 06:07

Onikuzu

Yop Levka... but i think thet rebirth of Muro would be "Clichue" (or how it is pronounced in english) and i agree with thet website. SO as i was saying there are lots of people scripting in Oni and i dont knownothing about thet but tell me if there is something easyer than mod the source engine (for exapmle) im not coder as im learning to programe in java only short time but there are easy SDKs to make very nice maps wich im learning to use and i have seen many custom models very great looking. Only the scripting part is a mystery to me. I have also seen the software for maps for mirrors edge but i dont know if it is not hard to mod.....  I would be proud to help in ONI 2 making in any way posible. Even story making... big_smile

#19 07/20/09 09:07

Lithium

i believe its spelled "cliche" i think thats what you mean.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#20 07/21/09 01:07

levka1

well so not twin moro brother.. Fallout 3 kind of style... the world we knoe is destroyed only the strong survive there are marauders and staff like that... or it can be like Stalker.. dunno.. some areas are diseased and there are clans and merchants for whom you need to do staff like bring something, well there arent a lot of stories to tell after the oni1 catastrophe..  or in the intro movie it will b said , the world was resurrected and rebuilt and you will start playing in a kind of future world..

#21 07/21/09 02:07

3llense'g

I think changing the setting from cyberpunk future to post-apocalyptic would take much out of the Oni-ness of the game. And IMHO, you need close quarters to stay melee-heavy. If you have too much free space (post-apokalyptic wasteland) everyone would just use mercury bows or the like.

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#22 07/21/09 02:07

Gumby

You fix that by limiting the amount of ammo you can normally get. Regardless, I don't think the Oni world was reduced to a full arachistic state.

#23 07/21/09 12:07

camirving
Website

Alright. BRAINSTORM BONANZA!

Story: 1 -  Who said it gotta be a sequel? It could be a prequel with another character.
2 - If post-apocalyptic,and protagonist = Konoko, the Player would first search for survivors in the nearby area. After finding some people,Player discovers that MURO vants to rule za NEO  warudo. SOOOO,Player gotta control our heroine ( Druuuugs. ) through za MURO's MUROLYTIC MURORTRESS. 
3 - Okay,the last one was just plain absurd.

Gameplay ( LEVELS )
1- First levels : Tunnels below the ground,perphaps? Where PLAYER meets some guys that VANT to beat the shnitzel out of MURO? And gets a full tutorial on close range combat? Then the place gets ambushed by MURO's troops,then a rebel soldier tutorials PLAYER how to use a WEPON. After PLAYER gets WEPON to defeat MURO's troops,idk what should happen next.

Gameplay ( COMBAT )
1 - MELEE SYSTEM would be the same. Some new moves,though.
2 - GUNS SYSTEM could change a little. I guess that if Oni 2 use First Person View for guns,the fights would be FURIOUS. Because FPS + Awesome flips and stuff + Big guns + A sexy lady = BUTTSAUCE.
3 - Some sort of Daodan Superpower laz0r perphaps?

Engine
1 - SOURCE Engine?
2 - GldSOURCE engine? ( lulz )
3 - some UT engine?
4 - FLEXINE? ( Srsly. This engine is perfect for Oni 2. )

Gumby,I'm sure za Oni warudo was completely destroyed. Okay,maybe not completely,but mankind is. After all,only the ones with daodan could have survived.

This was today's brainstorm,folks.

The net is vast and infinite.

#24 07/21/09 13:07

3llense'g

I don't see your 1st idea working. Maybe my mind doesn't work that way. Idea #2 sounds like Half-Life to me. I can't get the image out of my head.

You can call me 3llen. It's shorter and simpler. wink

#25 07/21/09 17:07

Lithium

Hmm for the prequel i would like to play as griffin in his young age.
And for the survivors then probably only the Black ops and some of the syndicate survived because i think they have a chrysalis. Because their signature moves. I mean not any human being can say lion axe kick and have a beam of light come out of their foot. Or not anyone can say blockbuster with orange aura out of his hands.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

Board footer