Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 07/25/13 16:07

drybomber

Can't play oni while "ae installer" application is open?

So I downloaded the latest anniversary edition for oni mods and everything works except when I go to play it, the mouse movement is messed up and unplayable. I've had this issue before while playing oni and this only occurs if I have other things open (Internet browser, skype, etc for example). It works fine when everything is closed off, so my question is is there a way to use this ae installer to mod oni but close it so I'll be able to play it?

Sorry if you're still scratching your head, if you don't understand I'll try to re-word it.

#2 07/25/13 17:07

Alloc
Website

Re: Can't play oni while "ae installer" application is open?

Why don't you just close AEI after installing the mods you want to use? Or, if you run Oni by clicking one of the buttons in AEI, switch out of the game after it has started, close AEI and switch back in. AEI doesn't control Oni in any way so it does not matter if it's open or not when playing wink

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#3 07/26/13 01:07

Samer
Website

You don't even have to switch out, press the play oni button then quickly press the close button on AEinstaller before the game starts, that's what i do.
you may also want to update your hardware or drivers if it can't handle having oni and the installer open together.

Last edited by Samer (07/26/13 01:07)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#4 07/26/13 05:07

tens

@DryBomber, does your mouse just randomly feel like it's super sensitive ? like when turning, you turn all the way back instead of just a slight shift ?

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#5 07/27/13 20:07

drybomber

Sorry for the late reply, I've actually managed to close the AE installer while playing it but it's still hard to play. I wouldn't say it's unplayable but at the same time it's very difficult to move oni. The sensitivity feels low.

@Alloc I think that's the problem, oni still works as long as I'm not using the AE installer. When I bring up the AE installer, when I click "play oni" that's when there's issues. I've also noticed when oni does work, it doesn't say "anniversary edition" at the bottom, so it's almost like there's 2 different oni's running? How can I use the AE installer on my original oni file?

#6 07/28/13 04:07

Samer
Website

when you click Run Oni from the AEinstaller it should launch the anniversary edition Oni. if you're not seeing anniversary edition on the main menu (i'm presuming that's what you mean anniversary edition" at the bottom" then you're launching the original (vanilla) one instead.
You can't use the AE installer on vanilla Oni and you shouldn't have to. Installing anniversary edition will "copy" all the necessary data from original oni and then apply any mods you install to it. When no mods are selected then it's basically the same as original oni but with some bug fixes. It seems that you're launching the wrong oni or you're launching the vanilla oni and then the anniversary one (you only need to launch the AEinstaller and click the run oni button and wait till it starts) alternatively  you can manually start Oni.exe from where you installed the anniversary edition ...\AE\Oni.exe notice it's in the AE folder not in the parent folder.
and how many mods have you installed ? too many mods can slow the game down.

Last edited by Samer (07/28/13 04:07)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

Board footer