Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/30/08 14:01

Gumby

Max damage on glass+disabling autoaiming

First question: I'm trying to mod the glass to be more "deadly" but if I set it too high it tends to not work like it is supposed to...how high can I set it?

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot to save tongue

Second question: With the appearence of dodging enemies, I would like to be able to lead my shots...but Oni locks my crosshair on the enemy, how can I disable this?

Last edited by Gumby (01/30/08 14:01)

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#2 01/30/08 14:01

Iritscen

Re: Max damage on glass+disabling autoaiming

Ooh, good question.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 01/30/08 16:01

geyser
Website

If you increased the glass damage and feel comfortable with it, please share. Iritscen there will say thank you.

Autoaiming: I'm glad you asked. Weapon autoaiming can be disabled by setting: chr_weapon_auto_aim= 0

Oni also has autoaiming for melee which makes Konoko's facing snap onto the nearest/frontmost enemy.
You can disable that one with either of the following: chr_auto_aim_arc= 0.; chr_auto_aim_dist= 0.

There is another setting that controls at what angle sideways aiming makes you turn: chr_aim_width= 70.

Oh, and you can also fine-tune the "blocking angle" to spice things up. Originally: chr_block_angle= 20.

All these settings affect only the player character, e.g., for the last two, the AI will block/turn normally.

Last edited by geyser (01/30/08 16:01)

Behold the power of that which is yet unborn! For the swirling images that flow forth from the Chrysalis are only a shadow of the sleeper's true power.

#4 01/30/08 18:01

Gumby

Lol, I was just screwing around and making it instadeadly so I could shoot the Airport ceilings...

I'll tweak it to be more "realistic" later...though I don't see why he can't do it himself tongue Its not that hard, and most of the work is already done...

---

Using guns without autoaim is...interesting...

Does anyone know why there are two stikers which randomly appear if you use ai2_spawnall in the outside of the airport? They are named kd_1 and kd_2 and drop 6 hypos...

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#5 01/31/08 09:01

Iritscen

I just want a good setting for the Edition, I don't care about doing it myself.  But I actually am happy with the Edition's setting right now.  I don't know if geyser ratcheted it up after I complained, but it seems okay for now.  Yesterday I shot a Tanker with a Hg Bow, and he was still alive, only knocked down, but as he got up, the window behind him that was shattered by the shot rained down on him and killed him.  It was pretty awesome.

#6 01/31/08 14:01

Your_Mom
Website

kd stands for kill dummy.
Basically, they're extra characters.

There's a TCTF Lite outside RSB that drops 6 hypos as well.
There are a few unused characters in almost every level tongue

droid803sig.jpg

#7 06/30/13 05:06

uroboros

Sorry for digging this ancient thread but autoaim was always annoying me

I need a little help with this:

Oni also has autoaiming for melee which makes Konoko's facing snap onto the nearest/frontmost enemy.
You can disable that one with either of the following: chr_auto_aim_arc= 0.; chr_auto_aim_dist= 0.
There is another setting that controls at what angle sideways aiming makes you turn: chr_aim_width= 70.
Oh, and you can also fine-tune the "blocking angle" to spice things up. Originally: chr_block_angle= 20.

Where do I type those settings?

#8 06/30/13 05:06

Iritscen

On the dev console.  First enable dev mode with the "x" cheat and then you can bring up the console with the '~' key.

#9 06/30/13 05:06

Loser

You can type it into the dev console or into the BSL script.

dev console way

• Start Oni, make sure you have cheats enabled. Load some level.

• Ingame press F1 key and enter the developer mode cheat ("thedayismine" or "x", depends on whether you have the AE or not). It will display a message when successfully entered.

• Go back to the game and display console via tilde key (right under the ESC key). In the bottom left corner, a console line should appear.

• Type "chr_weapon_auto_aim=0"

• Press Enter, then ESC to exit the dev console. Enjoy Oni without weapon auto aim. You will have to repeat this process each time you restart Oni.

BSL script way

• In the GameDataFolder, there is an another folder, IGMD. Inside of that folder, there are folders which have level names.

• Open in the notepad the "*_main.bsl" script of the level you want to have the auto aim disabled. For example open the file "lab_main" inside the folder "lab". That is one of scripts for level 3, BioResearch lab.

• In the file, add "chr_weapon_auto_aim=0" on a new line right under the command "level_start". (For experts - yes, it doesn't have to be this way. But it is easier for somebody who is inexperienced).

• Double check spelling of the newly written command, otherwise it might be misspelled and will not work.

• Save the file. Start Oni, load the level which "_main" script you altered, enjoy the show.

Edit: Mukade'd by Iritscen ^_^

Last edited by Loser (06/30/13 05:06)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#10 06/30/13 06:06

uroboros

Ok it worked, thanks. I enjoy shooting much more now.  big_smile
I noticed that Oni has slight, odd mouse floating but I can stand it.

Board footer