Re: PlayStation 4 Appreciation Station V. "4 > One"

?

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#28 06/06/13 12:06

MarlonArt

I assume he means that the PS4's gaming network will feature some PS2 games. I'll stick to my PS2.

The PS4 doesn't look like its going to do anything much more remarkable than the 3 (I used to own one). Slightly better graphics and more social integration, as if we didn't have enough. Like Samer, I do most of my gaming on PC, which turned out to be convenient since I do most of my work on one. It has the added benefit of having better graphics (always upgradable) and a better variety of games by default.

Technology-wise, call me jaded but apart from the One's Kinect, and the fact that PS4 uses AMD GPUs, neither the One or the PS4 are showing anything all that impressive yet. I got my laptop a while back, and the specs are still better than a PS4's.

Last edited by MarlonArt (06/06/13 12:06)

#29 06/06/13 12:06

Samer
Website

MarlonArt wrote:

Like Samer, I do most of my gaming on PC, which turned out to be convenient since I do most of my work on one. It has the added benefit of having better graphics (always upgradable) and a better variety of games by default.

high five ^_^ ! plus i like that i can multitask at the same time, listen to the media player while playing, see the actual files of the game, take screenshots and recording with fraps .. etc.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#30 06/06/13 13:06

kyletm57

Well I mostly use my PC to game nowadays also, but Sony has a lot of exclusive series that I'm obsessed with (Killzone, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, God of War, etc.).  In the end it's really software that sells the console; take the 360 for example. The main reason people bought one was to play Halo 3, no one really gave any thought to the actual capabilities of the machine. Sony failed on delivering any killer titles early in the PS3 life span, so despite all the advantages it had over the 360 (Blu-Ray, free multiplayer, etc.), it sold far less units in the beginning. I'll more likely than not buy a PS4 for the exclusive games, but that doesn't mean I'm going to abandon my computer. I've been getting into a ton of free to plays recently, mainly Neverwinter.

banner2440.jpg

#31 06/06/13 16:06

Lithium

I'll just stick to a PC and a WiiU for smash bros.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#32 06/06/13 17:06

Jon God

I might get a Wii-U, but honestly I feel Nintendo's lost their magic, and they haven't had much since like the n64 era to keep me pinned to their console.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#33 06/06/13 17:06

Lithium

They need to use their franchises more. Star Fox and F-Zero for the most part. Come on Nintendo ffs, just use them at least once.

#34 06/06/13 18:06

kyletm57

When a new Zelda game is released I may consider buying a WiiU, but besides that and Metroid I don't play many Nintendo franchises past the Gamecube/Gameboy Advance era. As far as Smash Bros goes, I really like the original and Melee. Brawl was Ok, though it disappointed me a bit.

banner2440.jpg

#35 06/06/13 18:06

Lithium

I only liked Brawl after I installed hacks and mods for it. I can't stand to look at Vanilla brawl. It would be nice if the upcoming Smash was more similar to Melee.

#36 06/06/13 21:06

MarlonArt

Metroid would get me to buy a Wii U, like I did with GameCube.....and I think we can all agree, an exclusive sequel to Oni would get me to buy any system.

#37 06/06/13 22:06

Lithium

Retro's cooking something up from what I heard. Would be nice if Retro picked up one of the dead franchises...

#38 06/06/13 22:06

tens

Well, having a console ain't bad, if one of your friends is rich and he buys the games xD, all you gotta do is host the hangout and play with them smile but yeah PC ALL THE WAY!!! Who else waiting for Watch dogs..( lots of dogs... Naughty dogs[developer], Sleeping Dogs) xD

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#39 06/06/13 23:06

Lithium

Dogs in CoD Ghosts. Huehuehuehue.

In other news. David Hayter will not be voicing Big Boss in MGSV, instead Big Boss will be voiced by Kiefer Sutherland of 24.

Last edited by Lithium (06/06/13 23:06)

#40 06/11/13 00:06

Valkyrur

So, how do you all feel that Final Fantasy 15 is going to be the first mainline Final Fantasy to be an Action-RPG instead of the old stereotypical-JRPG that the previous FF games were?

Personally, I'm excited by this innovation, but we all know how the majority responded last time there was an ARPG Final Fantasy. Now, imagine that outrage compounded by ten since this is a mainline game, not a spinoff.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#41 06/11/13 00:06

Valkyrur

Also, for the numbnuts who took my previous statement at face-value:

Planetside 2 is coming to PS4. Not PS2 games. Planet Side 2.

Also, Sony's going to be mimicking the Xbox Live paywall for the PS4. I don't like it, but it's not a deal breaker for me anyway since I plan on being exclusive Playstation when it comes to consoles this gen. I've spent the previous two gens buying every console on the market, but this year I'm sticking with the PS4. Everything's too pricey for my tastes to buy all of them.

#42 06/11/13 08:06

Iritscen

I haven't seen anything about FFXV yet; by Action RPG, do you mean you can run around the battlefield like in Star Ocean III?  I liked SOIII but I didn't think that was a good design decision.  But frankly, any RPG that isn't turn-based is already an Action RPG in my book.  That's an advantage that FFX has over FFVII, for me.  An RPG that doesn't allow you to think carefully about each move is an action game that relies 50% on mashing the Attack button/command, it's as simple as that.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#43 06/11/13 12:06

Valkyrur

No, it's action-RPG in the context of something like Diablo/Morrowind/Mass Effect, not the ATB based FF games.

You see an enemy out in the world in FF15? You don't run up to them and initiate battle-mode. No. You pull out your sword/rifle/magic and you slice/blast/burn them away on sight without being forced into an arbitrary battle mode. Want to snipe at enemies that don't have a fair chance? Go ahead. Want to run up and slice an entire group dumb enough to cluster together? Go ahead.

This is the first FF game to get rid of battle-mode and the ATB system in favor of free combat akin to a more western RPG.

Also, from what I could notice in the trailer, it looks like enemies are going to be a lot more cannon-fodder in FF15, however in turn they're also much more numerous.

Last edited by Valkyrur (06/11/13 12:06)

#44 06/11/13 12:06

Iritscen

This is the first FF game to get rid of battle-mode and the ATB system

Hmm, I played FFXII and it didn't have a battle mode, insofar as you encountered the enemy in the game world and fought them there, not in a separate "arena space".  I can't remember the details of how it worked, though I thought that FFXIII was at least as "open" as XII was.  I guess you're talking about even less of a distinction between "exploration" and "battle" as those games, but XII already felt pretty immersive to me.

#45 06/12/13 11:06

MarlonArt

Valkyrur wrote:

Also, for the numbnuts who took my previous statement at face-value:

Planetside 2 is coming to PS4. Not PS2 games. Planet Side 2.

Ok fanboi, so you post something about PS2 in your "Playstashun 4 iz Supidie-duper yaarzOmg"
thread and expect us not to think it's Playstation 2. Right...

Last edited by MarlonArt (06/12/13 11:06)

#46 06/14/13 00:06

Valkyrur

Here, let's have another picture:

241v11h.jpg

#47 06/15/13 10:06

kyletm57

So FFXIII Versus is now XV? Well it took em long enough, they teased everyone with that gameplay a few years back and then kept completely quiet. I also that Square Enix might actually localize Type-0, though at this point I'm not convinced.

banner2440.jpg

#48 06/15/13 20:06

Iritscen

Certain individual fanboys aside, I was wondering what the majority opinion is among gamers.  I'm surprised to see this poll's results, as I imagine GameFaqs users to be across the board, not predominantly Sony fans: http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=5119.  I have to say, I don't think this will necessarily translate into Sony "winning" the next generation, as the average buyer will not be the slightest bit informed about this past E3's events, or issues like DRM.  In other words, the Internet zeitgeist (spirit of the moment) is not indicative of long-term mainstream buying habits.  But it's rather surprising to see such unanimity after the constant bickering over the last two generations of consoles between Sony and MS fans, even if it's only temporary.

#49 06/16/13 00:06

MarlonArt

After 3 generations of Playstation I thought it would be cool to switch it up a little, especially since my fiance has been wanting to try out the Kinect. My cousin owned a PS1 (Good times) and I got a PS 2 and 3. The main thing that deters me from buying an Xbox One is the greedy DRM, which translates to the possibility of the 'One's used game market being non-existent. Microsoft must be smoking bath salts or some shit, because they're making about as much sense as powdered water right now. They're high off the success of the 360 so now they think they can charge whatever they want and give consumers less. Maybe someone should inform them that game systems and operating systems are different. With most of the games I want coming to PC, I don't know what would get me to buy a PS4. If I had to choose between that and an Xbox One however the choice would be easy. I'd go with the new Mac Pro.

#50 06/16/13 07:06

Iritscen

Heh, I've pretty much never had technolust, but I am coveting that Mac Pro...

Board footer