Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/09/13 03:06

Loser

BSL script - advanced console interaction

Seeing how the level creating is starting to be popular, it wondered me how to contribute.

Well, Oni takes place in a hi-tech near future, so I assume at least some degree of hacking/slicing knowledge is pretty much common among TCTF officers, as critical evidence will be most often buried deepy behind access codes and encryptions.

And the easiest way to implement such a feature into Oni is to create a global BSL script.

Here we go:
glb_adco_script.bsl
glb_adco_script_ReadMe.txt

And here is a modified script from the Warehouse level, which contains a demonstration of the advanced console interaction feature at save point 1:
warehouse_level_scripts.bsl

The script could be used in levels to create tricky cbjectives such as
- search for certain person to learn the required password
- hack through the console to get targeted information
- multiple door activation puzzles

Feel free to post bug reports and comments in this thread.
Happy modding ^_^

Last edited by Loser (06/09/13 03:06)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#2 06/09/13 08:06

Samer
Website

Re: BSL script - advanced console interaction

very cool concept smile I can see this being very useful for new levels and even current ones to add more challenges.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#3 06/09/13 13:06

uroboros

I guess if Oni 2 had ever existed it should have console hacking. Its a nice gameplay addition

#4 06/10/13 07:06

EdT
Website

I can use this is my next mod, thanks.

#5 12/28/13 13:12

Samer
Website

Hi Loser ...
I'm hoping to use this mod in my Wilderness Preserve level, I think it will add a very nice element to it. I really like having a 2 word password to "hack the console"
However ... I'm a dummy at bsl :\ and I'm struggling with how to set it up. Eventhough you've done a great job at explaining it in the readme ... my bsl knowledge level is just not up to par.
So would you be interested \ have the time to help set up the script for me, if I send you the level files and specify which consoles to be used ? (I just want to make it initiate on the consoles and I'll try to continue from there with setting up the banks options and results of each, I understood how the banks -summation works but I'm failing at the specifying which console and initiating it part )

Last edited by Samer (12/28/13 15:12)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#6 12/28/13 14:12

ltemplar

Really nice idea.

It will be nice feature to have such choice for almost every console in the game.
-enter the password
-or hack console (solve some logic puzzle)
-or blindly try to guess the password

The only problem is "how player will get this password" from the specific NPC(how he will convince him to give this password?) or other resource (data pad, inf. console - ad last some logic reason to read them now..ha)

Board footer