Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 06/04/13 16:06

Samer
Website

Re: Smart Barabas Mod.

nice ideas ^_^

. He is slow enough already with his Elite TRAC, he does not need to be made even more clunky. Either this or change properties of primary firing mode for WMC, so it is not as painstakingly ineffective when used by the AI as it is now.

I agree that gun makes him weak, only a suggestion ... http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … hp?id=2549 the new weapons collection has a portable version of it .. maybe he can use that one in the second encounter .. he upgraded it with the nano version ^_^ and thus this one could be holstered and unholstered .. or he only uses it if target is far like with muro's lightning. or removing it all together too ^_^
i like this one

special "punch special" attack. Currently I am thinking about short jetpack-powered ram forward.

instead of his current windmill attack that you can just crouch and avoid.
golden tctf and hammer use a custom made animation  that could be useful if you like to modify it instead of starting from scratch.

for throws ... do you think it would be possible at all to have a throw where he carries player, flies upwards some distance with his jetpack and then releases making player fall and take damage. that would be scary ^_^ .. kinda like the ninja back throw but forward and slower heavier .. he grabs you .. flies then let's go as you fall or crashes you down with force.

I also agree with irtiscen that throws like konoko's forward punch, lariat and running kick throw look unreasonable on such a heavy character.
static forward kick throw and back breaker look reasonable enough.

Last edited by Samer (06/04/13 16:06)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#27 06/04/13 19:06

tens

Yeah i too agree the gun hinders him a lot! That throw seems real scary @Samer xD.

I also agree it's lame that you can backpeddle away from him. But in a way it makes sense, giving him the ability to run would probably fix it. So if people were to try back peddling away, he would catch up and either use 'short jetpack-powered ram' or another way would be to use his jet packs to fly behind us for a quick "surpise!".... since i actually have no modding experience, I'm going to prevent myself from commenting random ideas cause i don't know if it's possible or not so any posts which are going to be in the modifications discussion, i will give a small response smile. Continue your awesome work. Please.

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#28 06/04/13 23:06

Gumby

Loser wrote:

OK, let's try to talk this out one more time before mass-deleting, xxx-site spamming and maybe some leaking.

For the record, if you threaten this kind of thing again, I won't hesitate to ban you, consequences be damned. There is no need to make threats, and I won't let moderation\management decisions be swayed by them. We are all adults here, let's all act like them. If anyone has a serious problem with another user, contact a damn moderator. If you can't find contact information for us, just report a relevant post. We are here to help. (Even if you have a problem with a moderator. Especially if you have a problem with a moderator. There is no version of the "Blue Wall" for the OCF mod team.)

I'll just sum up my thoughts on my past decisions, since you seem to have held a grudge against me (which I had no knowledge about, seriously, just shoot me a message next time):
I had reasons behind my choices in what should go in AE. I'm not going to defend those reasons or choices, I don't remember the reasons behind them nor the specific incidents. I'm sorry if I offended you, it was never a personal attack if I rejected an idea.

Finally, I'm sorry that Gumby told you "no" a lot, but did he ever appoint himself king of modding?  You seemed to think he was.

Actually, I sort of was (though I never thought of myself as "king"). Regardless of if my choices were good or bad, I was the one making them. I was attempting to only include high quality modifications (as opposed to content additions) as I found content additions to be mostly filler (ignoring the BGI officers, they were still for 'legacy' reasons). In addition, most gameplay modifications were also filtered by "does it fit the original spirit\intention of the game". There were some small exceptions, and I am probably biased as to what "fit" into the game, but I had some sort of guidepoint as to what should be included. As for why I put myself in that position...I don't remember. Possibly ego. smile I was the best person to do it at the time, other than Iritscen, and was under the idea of "If people have a problem with the choices of mods in AE, they can blame me, not the team as a whole"...which seems to have worked, and now slightly backfired.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#29 06/05/13 09:06

Iritscen

Well, keep in mind that you inherited the mission of the AE from geyser along with the project itself.  geyser was already performing the function of "curator who selects the best Oni mods for the AE" when he began to phase himself out and the AE fell to you to maintain.  At that point, you were the one who designed and implemented the modular framework that allowed third-party mods, so anyone could make a package that players could add to their AE installation.  That, plus the fact that you didn't criticize every third-party mod like geyser did, meant that you were actually a lot more lenient and permissive about modding than your predecessor was.  That was the point I was trying to make with Loser.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#30 06/05/13 10:06

uroboros

Ok I didn't read the whole thread because I'm too lazy but 1. I agree with loser, that author of the mod should have 100% control of his work. At the same time I don't really see a reason to unpublish it since its one of the most creative mods on the depot.

Last edited by uroboros (06/05/13 10:06)

#31 06/05/13 13:06

Iritscen

With Loser's permission, it's back up now.

#32 02/28/16 14:02

Iritscen

I've updated this mod to use XML patching for the melee data, and I inserted a note into Samer's opening post explaining the changes.  In a nutshell, using XML patching allows this mod to play nicely with other mods that also affect melee data (especially if they are patches too).  Also, because the monolithic Melee Profile that used to come with this mod was the 21501 Brutal AI data, plus changes to Barabas, the user was being forced to install Brutal AI in order to get Smart Barabas.  Now the mods are totally separate, so you can choose whether to install the Brutal AI package (21501).  Without it, this mod will only make Barabas fight more intelligently, and leave the other AIs alone.

Board footer