Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 06/02/13 18:06

Samer
Website

would this work in theory ?

when Konoko rides her bike she is playing a certain animation right ? and the motorcycle is an object ?
if konoko is extracted with that animation and then combined\merged with the object of the motorcycle in xsi to make 1 model which is then split into 19 parts in an arbitrary way ... then this is exported as a TRBS of a character ONCC_konoko_cycle. and the trac edited to remove all moves ... the idle animation is the static animation that the merged model has ... the walk forward animation is just made by moving the entire model forward .. and the back backwards .... and a jump move can be made .... the body parts (konoko+cycle merged mode) all remain static just move forward or backward together sorta like the guard dogs and sentry droid ... and the tram is given high damage on contact and the oncc canttouchthis flag. would this work ? have it as a character that moves forward \ back \ jumps \ damages enemies on contact as if konoko is riding her bike and driving around, hitting enemies with it ^_^ .. in theory would this work ? or would the body parts get twisted somehow ... if yes I might start on it .. because merging the 2 models and their U.V maps and splitting them would be a pain .. so i want to know if it's worth it.

Last edited by Samer (06/02/13 18:06)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 06/02/13 19:06

EdT
Website

Re: would this work in theory ?

In theory yes.  You wouldn't have to split it into 19 parts.  For example the guard dogs, I didn't use all the parts, the legs were hidden inside the body.  Though UV mapping would be very difficult.

#3 06/02/13 19:06

Iritscen

Seems like the physics would be pretty questionable, though (imagine the cycle standing still and turning in place).

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 06/02/13 19:06

Samer
Website

I don't understand what you mean by turning in place, it would slide forward, backward, right left, like the gaurd dogs currently do.

#5 06/02/13 20:06

Iritscen

I assumed you were going to let the player control it, was I wrong?

#6 06/03/13 04:06

Samer
Website

Yes player controls it. But i don't understand what you meant by turning in place, do you mean by mouse rotation / looking around ?
if so it will have same physics of guard dogs.
Or do you mean it will look static while moving ?
if so i'm going to add dust particle and sound to the tram and make the wheel have an animated texture giving illusion that the wheels are turning.

#7 06/03/13 04:06

Loser

I get it.

Last edited by Loser (06/03/13 23:06)

"I am just a mere reflection of what I would be."

#8 06/03/13 05:06

Samer
Website

Loser wrote:

In theory it should work. However, Konoko and the bike (in my opinion) will have to be "one character", meaning you cannot create a motorcycle and then let any random character ride it.

yes that's what i meant .. merging them into one dae \ TRBS and making it into a character (one unit) ... So even konoko can't get off tongue except by some change class trick.
the more than 19 parts idea is interesting will have to explore that further.

#9 06/03/13 08:06

Iritscen

Yes player controls it. But i don't understand what you meant by turning in place, do you mean by mouse rotation / looking around ?
if so it will have same physics of guard dogs.

The guard dogs hover, don't they?  I'm referring to what happens when the player stops, and pivots by turning the mouse and the bike just rotates unnaturally around a center point while the wheels remain motionless.  Loser answered my question with his suggestion of Konoko pivoting the bike on her foot, I like that idea.

#10 06/04/13 04:06

Gumby

You could restrict the motion differently depending on the animation state.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

Board footer