Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 06/02/13 07:06

AngelAlex3

Re: Cannot run oni

it says that i already have that version or a higher one...and is not the .NET...it worked before i installed some textures

#52 06/02/13 07:06

AngelAlex3

#53 06/02/13 08:06

Iritscen

Well, the problem all goes back to the AEI's failed installation.  Because it returns this error instead of building the levels:

[== Undefined ==]
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                File name: 'System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

Then AE Oni isn't finding the level data when it tries to load.  It all goes back to the .NET failure that prevents OniSplit and XmlTools from doing their job when called by the AEI.  When I Google the error, I get almost no results, which is bizarre.  This seems to be the closest to an answer:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1244 … 85_1244865

The AE would have to include those extra files, and I don't really think it's supposed to have to, in order for .NET to work.

This question is addressed to Alloc or other tech-savvy Windows users: What if AngelAlex3 installs Mono for Windows?

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#54 06/02/13 08:06

Samer
Website

Samer wrote:

but alex we were trying to help you but your responses don't give us much to go on ... for example I asked about your antivirus ... what is it ? and did you try to disable it when you click install in the AE installer ?

Alex wrote:

]ok,and i use AVG

Samer wrote:

AVG is known to have a high rate of false positives meaning it can consider something a virus when it's not. so it may be blocking the xml-tools which is necessary for installation to succeed. if you haven't tried it already disable it while installing.

Alex wrote:

but i had it when it worked :C

my theory is : problem started almost after the xml tools was updated to 0.9 ..
when an exe changes the antivirus software considers it something dangerous.
my avast! warned me that it changed and asked me if i want to run it in sandbox or allow it or block it.
other antivirus software maybe to automatically block possible threats or you alex could have had disallowed it without noticing when it warned you about it.
and from experience AVG is over "strong" when it comes to these type of things and has a high rate of false positives.
so isn't there a chance his antivirus is blocking communication with .NET ?
so just humor me and try to disable the antivirus when you run the AEinstaller, not Oni, the AEinstaller then click install again. you won't get a virus if you disable it a few minutes .. so why haven't you tried that yet ?
also check the vault \ chest \ quarantine whatever it's called in AVG .. it may have xml-tools or something oni related quarantined there, if so you need to remove it from the quarantine not delete it, restore it to its original location.

Last edited by Samer (06/02/13 08:06)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#55 06/02/13 13:06

s10k
Website

AngelAlex3 wrote:

it says that i already have that version or a higher one...and is not the .NET...it worked before i installed some textures

Uninstall 4.0/4.5 and install 3.5 then.

3.5 should include the assemblies for 3.0 and 2.0 too.

http://mtaulty.com/CommunityServer/blog … tions.aspx

This question is addressed to Alloc or other tech-savvy Windows users: What if AngelAlex3 installs Mono for Windows?

It should run fine with mono. The problem is that I believe that AEI only call mono in Mac OS, not in windows.

Last edited by s10k (06/02/13 13:06)

#56 06/02/13 15:06

Iritscen

Oh, of course.  The AEI wouldn't use Mono if it were there.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer