Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 05/28/13 03:05

tens

Re: New Package ! Hidden Treasure Challenge ! :D **I challenge you ^_^ !**

Yeah, it was really really fun, the reason why it took me so long was because of the TCTF regional HQ level, which is just impossible for me, i failed that jump with Konoko more than 17 times before i switched to Kojiro who makes her jump look like a kid's xD. Well, i was going to post mine as a response to yours anyway, just as proof i did actually get them all tongue. It was fun, thanks for the small adventure smile. And this is how i went about finding the treasure from your clues.

!!!!!WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW. READ AT RISK. DO THE ADVENTURE FIRST.!!!!!

Chapter 1 Warehouse:  Don't neglect the yellow alert for the red alarm !
Search beside anything "yellow".
Chapter 2 Manufacturing Plant: Stop, Duck and Roll .. then jump.
The only thing which stops me in this level.
Chapter 3 Bio Research Lab:  Before You "blow it", you'll find this close to invisible.
First i thought a well hidden place in the tower.
Chapter 4 Airport Assault:  They couldn't find Rayman a better seat on this flight ?
Rayman! Does not actually show up in the level. lol..
Chapter 5 Airport Cargo Hangars : hurry you're trying to get on a plane, but with a bit of luck you'll get on a truck
Searching for trucks.
Chapter 6 TCTF HQ : oh please, look at her all smug thinking she's unreachable "stationed" there !
Literally, i couldn't do it... without Kojiro! "unreachable"
Chapter 7 Atmospheric Center Exterior: before you start running and jumping like crazy take a moment to visit the "back bar"
jumping and running.
Chapter 8 Atmospheric Center Interior: don't worry she can wait, so cheer "up" before you say goodbye
Chapter 9 Regional State Building:  strange when your "closest alleys" turn against you.
Alleys!
Chapter 10 Rooftops: Konoko needs an umbrella here but I decided to "ad" this instead.
"ad"
Chapter 11 Dream Lab: easy one, you can spot it with the corner of your eye
Easy.
Chapter 12 Science Prison: who put that there?! hope it didn't affect the readings
"Readings"
Chapter 13 TCTF HQ Redux: there's nothing better than some fresh air when you're feeling on the edge.
'edge'
Chapter 14 Mountain Compound: after you knocked on the door did you notice the fly on the wall?
"Knocking"

Awesome Adventure wink, Me Gusta big_smile.

Last edited by tens (05/28/13 17:05)

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#27 05/28/13 04:05

Samer
Website

Uhm ... Do you mind editing your post  and adding ''Spoilers'' in bold in first line ... Or delete the explanation all together tongue ? You pretty much  explained everything, which takes the fun away for anyone reading this thread and want to figure it out themselves. If someone is on this thread, they can avoid the spoilers by not clicking on the video, but they can't avoid reading your post.
P.s: part of the challenge was figuring out which save point it is, the other was actually reaching them tongue maybe I'll make a Part 2 with tougher locations and riddles big_smile

Last edited by Samer (05/28/13 04:05)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#28 05/28/13 09:05

EdT
Website

Watched up to level 10 to learn your techniques for reaching those points.  My Konoko needs to work out more, she can't make those long jumps tongue

Harder locations and riddles??? I don't think I can handle that... I'm a modder, not a player  lol

#29 05/28/13 12:05

Samer
Website

Ok Edt you may use motoko tongue she's a higher jumper.
i had in mind a few other places and riddles for each level, particularly the airport assualt and hangars. The levels i had a hard time with finding hiding spots for were dream lab and level 2 because they are starightforward and any ledges are unreachable. I had a different idea for dream lab where i make the weapon itslef invisible (using an invisible texture) but thought that might become too hard ... If this mod becomes a bit more popular i'll update it with a second item and riddle in each level.

#30 05/28/13 17:05

Samer
Website

I updated the package with a small update .. the riddles text file uses chapter names (less confusing for players) and I altered the position of the one hidden in Airport Assault so it's less obvious when you enter the area.

#31 05/29/13 09:05

EdT
Website

Found the rest of the treasures.  You were really creative with the riddles, this was different and fun.

Board footer