Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/26/13 11:05

Samer
Website

New Package ! Hidden Treasure Challenge ! :D **I challenge you ^_^ !**

Ok so big_smile while I was making the Oni's secrets video, I realized we need more awesome secrets.
So I've hidden a weapon "Rayman fist" in each one of the levels .. and I challenge you to find them all big_smile !
of course you won't just wander around replaying the whole thing, so inspired by Batman's Riddler challenges, I've made the location in the form of riddles, are you smart enough to find them wink ?

here are the riddles\hints:

Chapter 1 Warehouse:  Don't neglect the yellow alert for the red alarm !
Chapter 2 Manufacturing Plant: Stop, Duck and Roll .. then jump.
Chapter 3 Bio Research Lab:  Before You blow it, you'll find this close to invisible.
Chapter 4 Airport Assault:  They couldn't find Rayman a better seat on this flight ?
Chapter 5 Airport Cargo Hangars : hurry you're trying to get on a plane, but with a bit of luck you'll get on a truck
Chapter 6 TCTF HQ : oh please, look at her all smug thinking she's unreachable stationed there !
Chapter 7 Atmospheric Center Exterior: before you start running and jumping like crazy take a moment to visit the back bar
Chapter 8 Atmospheric Center Interior: don't worry she can wait, so cheer up before you say goodbye
Chapter 9 Regional State Building:  strange when your closest alleys turn against you.
Chapter 10 Rooftops: Konoko needs an umbrella here but I decided to ad this instead.
Chapter 11 Dream Lab: easy one, you can spot it with the corner of your eye
Chapter 12 Science Prison: who put that there?! hope it didn't affect the readings
Chapter 13 TCTF HQ Redux: there's nothing better than some fresh air when you're feeling on the edge.
Chapter 14 Mountain Compound: after you knocked on the door did you notice the fly on the wall?

bonus:
Chapter 17 Wilderness Preserve: Such a beautiful view from up here, such a shame only Jamie can see it

I hope you find this fun and challenging ^_^
Note that all of them are reachable without cheats ... but may require that you get your jumping shoes on.  The added bonus is once you find it you can use this powerful weapon for the rest of the level !
If you like to once you find them all take a screenshot while you're at the location carrying the weapon.
this package is compatible with SMP-Conversion and other mods.

Download  22007HiddenTreasure-Challenge from the AE installer.
Depot Link http://mods.oni2.net/node/291

Given up on finding them already ? or maybe you have no intention of finding them and just want to see what this mod does smile If so check this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bib24bRXuhQ which reveals the locations and the riddles' solutions.

Last edited by Samer (01/27/14 06:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#2 05/26/13 11:05

tens

Re: New Package ! Hidden Treasure Challenge ! :D **I challenge you ^_^ !**

I WILL MAKE A VIDEO !!!! MUHAHAHAHA big_smile. No cheats! It took me a while to realize that you just posted hints and not where they're found.. -_- . Insert Okay man.

Last edited by tens (05/26/13 11:05)

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#3 05/26/13 11:05

Samer
Website

if you can find them big_smile mwahahaha !
P.s : for those who try it, please don't post spoilers unless you find all of them .

Last edited by Samer (05/26/13 11:05)

#4 05/26/13 11:05

tens

Do we need to install a mod for the guns? I don't have RAYMAN installed as i don't want Oni to run outta memory for now. But if it is a mod which i gotta install to be able to find the guns and such then i can't make a video right now. sad

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#5 05/26/13 11:05

Samer
Website

The package will automatically notify you that it needs rayman installed, and will install it automatically if you choose to. There's no reason why it would run out of memory, I've tried it with my characters and character textures installed. You could uninstall other mods like level textures temporarly if for some reason it runs out of memory. It's the number of insatlled mods that cause memory issues not the mods themselves, so if you have more than 30 mods installed then decrease them.

Last edited by Samer (05/26/13 11:05)

#6 05/26/13 12:05

tens

Ha ha, my mod cache just updated, i had to restart... K, I'll try finding them all, after finding them, I'll upload a video of finding them all! Or should i keep it to myself since this is suppose to be a secret wink.

#7 05/26/13 16:05

EdT
Website

This is a great idea!  I like the riddles very creative.

#8 05/26/13 17:05

Samer
Website

Thanks EdT ^_^
I hope you guys play it tongue
btw if it's too hard i can give more hints or specify the save points or something.

#9 05/26/13 18:05

tens

No No, you mostly put them in kinda obvious places xD, sorry but the gun just stands out. I found the gun in the first 5 levels just plainly playing, i found the 2nd level was a bit hard to reach but yeah i got it, i recorded it too. Should i make a video? neutral probably not right?

#10 05/26/13 19:05

Samer
Website

Ouh goody, i was worried it might be too hard ^_^... It will only get tougher though tongue level 2 and 11 are the easiest btw. But try to figure out where they're at without replaying the whole thing wink
and sure make a video, but don't publish it right away on fb or here (if you like upload it and send me the link on fb as a message, I've also made a video of it with the riddles explained, but waiting for my internet to be back to upload it, and then I'll post them both when the time is right).
Glad you're playing it big_smile

Last edited by Samer (05/26/13 19:05)

#11 05/26/13 19:05

tens

K, awesome... I jumped up to the challenge as soon as you posted it, i like doing these kinda things, but if i was to actually have it in the game when i do the playthrough, if i ever find it. I'll probably have the easiest time for the level. So I'll remove it after i create the video smile, I'll upload it after you give the ok.

#12 05/27/13 00:05

Gumby

This reminds me of the silly idea EdT(?) and I once had of putting an easter egg vending machine in each level, using the object system. Pity I could never get the collision box to work properly. hmm

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#13 05/27/13 16:05

EdT
Website

Level 2 is one of the easiest?  I cannot figure out how to reach it.  The railing makes it hard to jump to its location.  I found the one in level 3, but again, can't reach it.   I'm lousy at parkour... smile

#14 05/27/13 16:05

Samer
Website

One of the easiest to locate but maybe not reaching, try jumping on the railing first, then from there to it, a high jump without a flip, konoko will hit the ceiling a bit but she'll reach it.
for level 3 similar to the secrets video i posted before, you can reach it same way i showed to reach the level 3 item hence the ''close to invisible'' part tongue
you're  lousy at parkour tongue ? Says the guy who made the most awesome parkour level smile tongue

Last edited by Samer (05/27/13 16:05)

#15 05/27/13 17:05

tens

O.o, the 2nd level was easy enough, just took 3 tries sad, once you fail and fail down, you gotta run a long way. i found a lot of them, only a few left.

#16 05/27/13 18:05

EdT
Website

level 3, thanks for the tip.

level 4 was easy... level 6 found it, but can't reach it... level 8 no jumping required...

Can't wait to see the video from tens on how to acquire all the treasure.

#17 05/27/13 18:05

tens

xD it'll take a while since i haven't found a few of them. tongue I'll keep the video ready in another few days smile.

#18 05/27/13 18:05

Samer
Website

Mm Edt what do you mean for level 8 no jumping required ? The atmospheric interior one ? ... You need a jump to reach it, but the trick is getting back after you find it (requires a more precise jump)

#19 05/27/13 18:05

EdT
Website

level 8 is TCTF HQ smile

#20 05/27/13 18:05

Samer
Website

Ouh ok u're using the folder/dat name not the chapter welcome screen number ... Example last level is chapter 14 but it's actually level19. big_smile
either way tongue tctf hq does require a jump, a very lucky jump nonetheless.

#21 05/27/13 19:05

EdT
Website

Well in the riddles.txt file you have it listed by levels, that's what I was using smile

#22 05/27/13 20:05

tens

Well, I'm only recording getting it.. i didn't think showing people how to get back would make it too easy for them tongue, let them think! I'm finishing out the levels one by one, only the TCTF Regional HQ proved to be a problem, since i don't know how you make that jump. ( I cheated) Got it.

#23 05/27/13 21:05

EdT
Website

ok... maybe I should re-phrase it level 8 jetpacking required big_smile

Samer: You are the expert in Parkour, I can't see anyway to get to that spot without cheating...

#24 05/27/13 21:05

tens

I finished, i found each and every one of them, some not as conventional as others but still "found".

#25 05/28/13 00:05

Samer
Website

Good job tens ^_^

Here's the solution of the riddles \ location of the treasures, how to get each one and how to get back, watch if you've given up on finding them yourself or if you have no intention to find them and just want to see what this mod does tongue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bib24bRXuhQ

sorry tens I already had this uploaded and it shows the riddles and how to get back at the same time, (was waiting for someone to finish it before I publish it:P) but feel free to upload yours if you want, I'll still like to see how you got them in a private message on fb if you like (but without publishing it to others tongue my video is unlisted only those with the link can see it, maybe you can do the same, I'll then add the link here). I hope you enjoyed it ! big_smile EdT I hope you continue playing it before watching this tongue

Last edited by Samer (05/28/13 01:05)

Board footer