Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 05/02/13 23:05

tens

Re: Anniversary Edition Seven is here!

O.o i didn't know about that, so yeah i just re-installed the entire game, it only took like 30 minutes. 15 minutes were me trying to find the cd again after i misplaced it. Il post the Oni Videos in my channel T3n5urya@Youtube. I want to make Oni as famous as possible with in my school big_smile. <3

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#77 05/02/13 23:05

tens

@Nico_Linsalata has your Oni AE problem been cleared or do u still have the problem? you're response is actually needed, dum dum. It helps the community, since your problem was genuine as compared to mine, which was probably caused by something else.

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#78 05/05/13 17:05

Samer
Website

@ Alloc ... I hope I'm not wrong this time .. the timeline shows changeset of AEinstaller 2.11 so I'm presuming it's released.
I got a notification that an update is available .. I clicked No, because I was in a hurry, next time I opened it, it also said update available I clicked yes, it appeared to have updated, I click close and launch AEI : it's still version 2.10
updater output is empty.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#79 05/06/13 01:05

Alloc
Website

Nope, not released wink
Probably this evening.

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#80 05/08/13 21:05

Iritscen

Just a reminder, the AEI has its own thread, but to answer that question, 2.11 was released today.  You now get notified of new mods when the AEI launches (this can be turned off).

But what I came here to say is that Alloc and I made our first change to the AE Setup app tonight since releasing the AE7.  Setup now asks the user if they are using a proxy, so it can prepare for the AEI Updater to use the proxy when it downloads the AEI.  I moved a fair amount of code around while updating the Mac AE Setup, so let me know if you find any issues.  Also, I didn't know any Mac users on a proxy who could test this (but Alloc did test with a Windows user), so for new users downloading the AE from this point on, please let us know if this functionality is working if you are on a proxy.  We're both going to sleep now, but we'll check in first thing in the morning smile

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#81 05/08/13 22:05

tens

Funny how it's morning for me Windows 7 service pack-2 is perfect, other than the help not including how to uninstall the mod which, maybe the user doesn't like...

#82 05/18/13 15:05

Gumby

Bug: "Unlock All Moves" seems to be installed by default as part of the base AE.

Iritscen: roll
Iritscen: it's amazing this program even works
Gumby: i know
Iritscen: and that statement applies to my code, not just yours

#83 05/18/13 15:05

Iritscen

#84 05/18/13 22:05

Samer
Website

I think it was a good idea to make it a core pack .. Can't think of any scenario where someone wouldn't want this.

#85 05/19/13 08:05

Iritscen

Well, apparently some people want to do playthroughs of Oni with the traditional movesets for each level because having all the moves available makes the levels easier, and it's not the original Oni experience.  Of course if they really wanted the original experience, they should just install the Daodan DLL into vanilla Oni, but I don't know.  It's true that this is the one core mod that affects gameplay.  So I'm kind of on the fence.  I made it core because I felt that veteran players would naturally want all moves unlocked and I thought it would be overlooked as a normal package, but I don't want to affect people's attempts at doing vanilla playthroughs.

#86 05/19/13 09:05

Samer
Website

Iritscen wrote:

Well, apparently some people want to do playthroughs of Oni with the traditional movesets for each level because having all the moves available makes the levels easier, and it's not the original Oni experience.

like who exactly ? tongue Besides gumby has anyone else said that ?
users on facebook group complain literally about everything tongue, and i've never had any one complain about it. I can have a poll and see if anyone thinks it should be optional and you can have a poll here on the forum and compare results. Besides with mods like particle awareness, upgraded onccs, brutal AI and fixed TRAMs the game becomes harder so that just balances it out. If it's made optional it will probably get lost among the so many other mods.
And anyone who is playing AE has played Oni before and is coming back to it for improvements / challenges, and like you said for a vanilla experience use vanilla Oni. In addition just because the move is unlocked doesn't mean they have to use it, if they don't want to use the devil spin kick till level 4 then they simply don't use the crouch   kick combo, it won't happen on its own, no one executes the twister kick/ crescent moon kick/willow kick unless they want to. This mod gives access for the moves for those who want to do them, as for those who don't and want the vanilla experience then simply don't use them.
As for those who somehow happened to never hear about Oni before and yet come across the anniversary edition and somehow also happen to install Oni but directly start with AE they won't be aware about these moves until the diary tells them they're learnt so they'll have no reason to do a back-forward-kick (willow kick) and if they discover it by accident then they've earned it big_smile

and now the AE has been out for quite some time and users have gotten used to it as a core mod if you suddenly change that, people will complain about how moves stopped working.
what I'd suggest is actually the opposite ... Have all moves unlocked and also remove the notification ''new move is learned'' from the script, that notification gets so annoying when you play or make videos and have to open the diary and close it for the millionth time to get rid of it.
Also people playing AE returning to Oni usually ask how they can unlock all savepoints without having to replay the whole thing, a useful optional mod would be a persist file with all save points unlocked.

Last edited by Samer (05/19/13 09:05)

#87 05/19/13 11:05

paradox-01

Iritscen wrote:

I made it core because I felt that veteran players would naturally want all moves unlocked and I thought it would be overlooked as a normal package, but I don't want to affect people's attempts at doing vanilla playthroughs.

Then maybe you could make this a normal package but let AEI have this mod checked by default when the program lunches for the very first time.

#88 05/19/13 14:05

Iritscen

Yes, those are good points, Samer.  I think that, without further negative feedback, I'll leave the mod as-is.  You're right that the mod should also be disabling the move-learned notification, I'll make a note of that.

The idea of an unlocked persist.dat is an interesting one.  Anyone can make that as an optional mod, they just have to create a mod of type Tool and use the packaging method described here (with no ExeName field in the .cfg file) to enclose the .dat file in a plain/ folder.

#89 05/25/13 13:05

Samer
Website

One of the core packs is called globalization fixes that should fix wrong characters appearing sometimes ..
as I was playing TCTF redux a striker appeared instead of a female cop
save point 4 second floor where usually a black-light ops tctf has a gun and a female cop is hiding behind a pillar once you enter.  I didn't have any installed mods that affect that level. maybe this could be added to that pack. P.S: it doesn't always happen.
Oni%25202013-05-25%252019-14-39-73.jpg

Last edited by Samer (05/25/13 13:05)

#90 05/25/13 14:05

Samer
Website

sorry to double post but amending my first post it does happen often, seems like all the time, carens are replaced by strikers in TCTF Redux
Oni%25202013-05-25%252022-34-19-50.jpg
I have uninstalled all mods, so this is definitely an AE issue, a core pack may be causing this.

#91 05/25/13 15:05

Iritscen

Ah, thanks.  It's definitely the globalization fix.  I know what happened but it will take a while to explain, so instead of explaining I'll just devote that time to fixing the problem smile  Though it should actually be only those two Strikers who used to be Karen, so let me know if you find any others.

#92 05/27/13 01:05

tens

Bug alert, The option Run Oni(windowed) runs the game in full screen. Just an alert smile.

#93 05/27/13 04:05

Alloc
Website

Latest Daodan doesn't have windowhack as DaodanGL is at a state where it should offer best compatibility everywhere (thanks to SFeLi). It's also used by default so no need to change anything.

@tens: Can you post your startup.txt?

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#94 05/27/13 06:05

Iritscen

Gumby, please stop confusing people tongue

#95 05/27/13 17:05

tens

No, i fixed it, the problem was the Windowed mode of Oni had the same resolution set as the full screen, i had to change the resolution inside, it was windowed just that the resolution was the same as the moniter thereby causing it to seem full screen. Don't worry about it. anymore.

#96 05/27/13 17:05

Gumby

I was doing the same exact thing as tens. Whoops.

#97 05/27/13 18:05

Samer
Website

tens wrote:

No, i fixed it, the problem was the Windowed mode of Oni had the same resolution set as the full screen, i had to change the resolution inside, it was windowed just that the resolution was the same as the moniter thereby causing it to seem full screen. Don't worry about it. anymore.

so what i said was right on facebook tongue

#98 05/28/13 00:05

Gumby

Crashing when I watch the training bots and Karen fight...not sure why.

#99 05/28/13 04:05

tens

@Samer, I'm sorry i kinda forgot to re-open my Facebook tab, so therefore i completely have cut myself off from existence xD. I'm kinda anti-social. If not for my friends i don't think i would even leave my room tongue. Or talk to anyone at school smile. Karen dies for me everytime in the tutorial thing, due to Brutal AI xD. It's sad.. sad.

#100 05/29/13 02:05

Gumby

Glass breaking moves are borked. Possibly only in combination with some mod.

Board footer