Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#76 05/05/12 09:05

Stevinlewis

Re: What's Everybody doing these days :\ ?

Berry: OOOO: O levels too???? Same here tongue

#77 05/05/12 14:05

Knox

I've been replaying Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 recently to 100% them for when I actually buy ME3. Not gonna buy 3rd one until the price drops, 'cause I'm a cheap ass like that smile

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#78 01/04/13 14:01

berry

Hey people, it's been awhile smile @stevenlewis yeah. I see ur from Singapore. Me too. waiting for results, 6 more days. Oh no sad hope u did well smile

Hmm...

#79 03/29/13 05:03

Morkal

Nothing much just getting unemployment and waiting for some new job.And the remaining time i hangout with my friends and internet surfing.So most of the time i am working on the internet and surf different social media and many more.

#80 04/14/13 01:04

berry

On to Junior College. Workload is epic shit. Don't really have much of a life these days. It's either school or studying at home hmm

Hmm...

#81 04/30/13 14:04

6opoDuJIo

bringing this stuff to life (old screenie, but newer look still not ready to publish anywhere)
KcZB6JcTt8w.jpg

Implement Oni with Unity3D engine :
https://github.com/6opoDuJIo/Oni-Round2

#82 04/30/13 17:04

Valkyrur

Been studying Japanese lately, not much else other than that and work.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#83 04/30/13 17:04

tens

O.o, how are u learning Japanese @Valkyrur, though I'm just 16, watching anime while identifying small words, commonly used words actually helped me a lot, i can understand about 70% without the subtitles,:), when are you planning on continuing the "Oni:And Ever We Fight" i have been doing nothing but reading it big_smile, its just awesome.Yeah just waiting for my 10th's results.Hope i get good results tongue.

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#84 04/30/13 17:04

Valkyrur

I'll be continuing AEWFO sometime later this year after I've made reasonable progress on one of my newer projects "Eastern Heat" (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8975771/1/V … stern-Heat)

Then maybe a massive revision of AEWFO later on. I really think I dropped the ball with it at quite a few parts.

Oh, and on Japanese: Look through this thread (http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1232160), that should get you started on the right foot.

Last edited by Valkyrur (04/30/13 17:04)

#85 04/30/13 18:04

tens

lol i got facepunched when i tried the sight which u recommended for jap., i don't think il read the Valkyria Chronicles fiction any time soon.. since i haven't a clue to it's story, so il possibly watch a Let's play and read it later. i'll probably have a hard time getting to watching it though, since I'm a fan of games which are more instant action & require real time strategy, games like dota , CoD 4(yes cod4 since FUCK THE SERVERS OF BLACK OPS 2, from india) Dark souls. I just like constant action games better smile no offense

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#86 04/30/13 18:04

tens

@The moderators and the other guys who worked on that Joint Story...will u guys ever continue it?...please smile

#87 04/30/13 19:04

Valkyrur

What problem do you have with Facepunch, Tens? Site works fine for me, Striker, me, and Striker.

Also, IMO one of the most important things you should consider for learning Japanese is what your motivations are, and to be honest watching anime isn't exactly going to help you that much in learning it - You're going to have to consider taking courses. I mean yeah, one of the reasons I learned English in the first place was so that I didn't have to be stuck with the horrible Russian localizations that western publishers lazily dump on us (If they even do a Russian localization at all), and still do *coughMassEffectTrilogycough*, but I had practical reasons to learn English as well, like everyone else online using it, and for professional reasons as well. I mean, yes, one of my motivations to learn Japanese is because of VC3 which isn't getting localized anywhere, but I've got plenty of other reasons that aren't simply entertainment, maybe immigrate there in the future (Canada and America are also immigration considerations as well, but then I remember that Striker/Bumbanut lives in Canada, and I'll only feel secure when there's an ocean dividing us two) considering Russia is essentially not much more than a sinkhole in this day and age - Hell, I'll go anywhere the jobs are.

#88 04/30/13 20:04

tens

Well not like i don't see your point but anime has definitely helped me learn Japanese, i don't say this from only an entertainment point, as i can understand to an extent when i read the words(in english) out loud,but if it was written in Japanese, like if I was to get a job over in Japan,  I would be fucked. But considering that is still at least 5 to 6 years later, I'm surely in a better condition to learn it if i would need it, well for now my future can take many routes.

#89 05/12/13 01:05

Lithium

Lithium (11-21-11) wrote:

Heartbreak ; A;

What a loser...

I graduate the 24th of May... I plan to get a job and chill for most of the summer and since I'm pretty hyped I'll just ask what ya'll have planning for the joy of summer season. Sure it's early but... HYPE YO!

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#90 05/12/13 03:05

Samer
Website

Well (gonna rain on your parade a bit tongue)
i'm the opposite of hyped for summer ... Right now i'm teaching but i have no idea what i'll be doing during the summer to get money .. So i'm more nervous about it than hyped.
Also during the summer i get electricity less and less often (because they say there's more demand on it for air condition\ventilation systems and thus fuel runs out more quickly ... Yup they actually say that hmm)
but I'm hoping I'll get into modding oni again, i've got plenty of new ideas and a lot of unfinished mods, but haven't been able to get motivated to start the actual work on them.
Other than that no idea hopefully get to the beach, cinema a few times (kinda of a big deal since these are very far away-2 hours- from where i live)
and hopefully continue learning to drive xD if we get to borrow our relatives' car or something.

Last edited by Samer (05/12/13 03:05)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#91 05/12/13 14:05

Lithium

Yeah I recall your summers being more stressful than carefree. How's teaching so far by the way?

#92 05/16/13 13:05

berry

Hi can u guys please help me complete this survey? I know this might look like spam but its important and it's for an examination project. It's just 3 simple questions smile I need as much responses as possible so please share it with whoever . Thanks a bunch big_smile

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S5FFXSZ

Hmm...

#93 05/19/13 11:05

Valkyrur

Well, ended up buying myself Red Dead Redemption on PS3. Anyone else here play it?

#94 05/19/13 17:05

Lithium

No but I can totally spoil the ending for you

#95 05/19/13 23:05

tens

My brother finished it on the PS3, he said the game was worth every penny...it is a must-buy and a frigging amazing game. Rated. 9.5/10 by gamespot and 9.7/10 on Ign.

#96 05/20/13 00:05

Valkyrur

And, I have now successfully unlocked the Ruhm in VC1.

Valkyria Chronicles: Now with overpowered Shocktroopers.

Now, it's time for a reenvigored VC1 playthrough.

(By the way, should I buy Enter the Edy Datachment, or Trials of Edy Detachment? I only have enough money in my PSN wallet for one of them, and I'm done with my binge spending for now.)

(PS: I don't know why, despite the fact that VC2 and 3 undeniably have better gameplay, there's something that just feel so much more awesome about VC1. I've barely had the bloody game for six months and I get the rose-tinted goggles nostalgia feeling already with it. Even moreso than with Mass Effect and Halo 1. By the way, GLF is planning a Tweetathon to try and push Sega for localization of VC3 as well as HD ports of 2 and 3. I'll keep you all posted.)

Last edited by Valkyrur (05/20/13 00:05)

#97 05/22/13 02:05

Jon God

Valkyrur wrote:

And, I have now successfully unlocked the Ruhm in VC1.

Valkyria Chronicles: Now with overpowered Shocktroopers.

Now, it's time for a reenvigored VC1 playthrough.

(By the way, should I buy Enter the Edy Datachment, or Trials of Edy Detachment? I only have enough money in my PSN wallet for one of them, and I'm done with my binge spending for now.)

(PS: I don't know why, despite the fact that VC2 and 3 undeniably have better gameplay, there's something that just feel so much more awesome about VC1. I've barely had the bloody game for six months and I get the rose-tinted goggles nostalgia feeling already with it. Even moreso than with Mass Effect and Halo 1. By the way, GLF is planning a Tweetathon to try and push Sega for localization of VC3 as well as HD ports of 2 and 3. I'll keep you all posted.)

I own all the DLC for VC.

I cannot beat the first mission of the Edy Detachment, and EX Hard mode is crazy hard, haven't gotten to the second two yet. They feel quality though, worth the money, I'd say.

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#98 07/21/13 13:07

Dirk Gently
Website

I am alive!

#99 07/21/13 14:07

Lithium

Welcome back.

#100 07/25/13 05:07

Lithium

YoutubeBannerShowcase.png~original
So I've been making some YT banners lately, was wondering if anyone wanted one, I want some practice with meeting demands of others and trying to work with limited content.

Board footer