Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/06/13 23:05

tens

Any one else who reads Manga or watches Anime ?

Well i for one do read a lot of Manga and Anime? My favorites are

1. One Piece-Manga

2. The Breaker-Manhwa

3. Bakemonogatari-Anime/novel

4. The Tower of God-Manhwa

5. Dragon Ball z-Anime

6. BeelzeBub-Manga

7. The God Of HighSchool-Manhwa

8. Hunter X Hunter-Anime/Manga

9. Yakitate Japan!-Anime

10. Hellsing Ultimate OVA-Anime

11. Trigun-Manga

12. History's Strongest Desciple-Manga

13. Kekkaishi-Manga

14. Noblesse-Manhwa

15. Denpa Kyoushi-Manga

16. Baby Steps-Manga

17. Psyren-Manga

18. The World God Only Knows-Manga

19. Fairy Tail-Manga

20. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!-Manga

21. Highschool of the Dead-Manga/Anime

22. Freezing-Manga

23. Sekirei-Manga

24. Assasination Classroom-Manga

25. Major!-Anime

26. Full Metal Alchemist and The Brother hood continuation-Anime

27. Code Geass-Anime

So what do u watch and why do u like it smile
and i actually do have a lot more, can't seem to get them into my head though... but if u want a good anime to watch for time pass, lemme know smile

Last edited by tens (05/07/13 17:05)

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#2 05/07/13 10:05

TOCS

Re: Any one else who reads Manga or watches Anime ?

If Pokémon and Dragon Ball counts, then yes. tongue They were a great part of my youth, and I've just recently decided to re-watch the first season of Pokémon again. It sure brings back some old memories. smile

Besides that, I'm not really following anything.

Last edited by TOCS (05/07/13 10:05)

#3 05/07/13 10:05

tens

Am i the only one in this world who never saw Pokémon..... im not sure if i should feel sad or happy.. xD

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#4 05/07/13 11:05

Samer
Website

I still occasionally watch Pokemon but it's not as good as it used to be .. I haven't played any of the pokemon games though ... but I'm a fan of the anime big_smile that's why I'm like WTH when I see a polar bear pokemon use a flying type move in the anime because that apparently is allowed in games, but if you've only watched the anime like me that doesn't make sense. (they are silly tongue but have something endearing about them)
actually when I first started watching pokemon years ago .. I would record the episodes and then rewatch them and pause and draw the pokemon on paper (because I loved to draw cartoon characters) and color them and then cut them and put them in a photo album ^_^ and play with them tongue I did that to the original 151 pokemon and some of the second generation ones ..
2010_07_18_20_49_34.jpg2010_07_18_20_46_02.jpg
that was before I had internet and realized that i could just google their images and print them :\ 
(yes I didn't have a life :\ tongue)

other than that no I don't watch anime, have not even watched Motoko, Konoko's inspiration.

Last edited by Samer (05/07/13 16:05)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#5 05/07/13 11:05

kyletm57

Cowboy Bebop was one of the best shows I've ever seen (Samurai Champloo was also great), and I'm a huge fan of Ghost in the Shell. Besides that, I loved Code Geass, Trigun, Hellsing (original more so than ultimate), Darker Than Black, Fullmetal Alchemist (original more so than Brotherhood), and Deadman Wonderland. I loved Dragon Ball and One Piece when I was younger, though I never got into Pokemon really. For a time I liked Bleach, but it was way to large of a series and looking back it wasn't all that good. If you want me to include anime based games, I've played a ton (Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Shin Megami Tensei, Valkyria Chronicles, Final Fantasy, etc.). And since we are on the topic of anime, if you ever run across the shows Fooley Cooley (FLCL) or Mawaru Penguin Drum, AVOID THEM. I wasted a few days watching those godawful series and my mind has forever been scarred.

EDIT: Just remembered that Elfen Lied was a pretty good show/manga, though it is very dark, violent, and depressing.

Last edited by kyletm57 (05/07/13 11:05)

banner2440.jpg

#6 05/07/13 11:05

tens

I too haven't watched Motoko, Ghost in the shell. Its like a detective, mecha, futuristic sci-fi, in which cyber crime...now u know why the game was about cyber crime and tctf. The protaganist is a humanoid, half robot, half human, she can connect to the database like in the matrix, where neo connects to the artificial world where he trains...

#7 05/07/13 15:05

Valkyrur

Halo Legends when it was new (ugh), and the anime of Valkyria Chronicles + VC3 OVA

Other than that...

Nein! Nada! нет! No! いいえ!

Sorry, not really big into anime.

Last edited by Valkyrur (05/07/13 15:05)

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#8 05/07/13 16:05

Iritscen

tens wrote:

Well i for one do read a lot of Manga and Anime? My favorites are[...]
So what do u watch and why do u like it smile

You have some pretty wide-ranging tastes smile  I haven't been watching a lot of new anime lately, so I'll quote myself from the last time I posted on this subject... where I quoted myself in a prior post....

Iritscen wrote:

As far as which animé series are my favorites, I think this old post still mostly applies:

I don't have a single favorite, but here's some of my favorites:
Rurouni Kenshin
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing
Read or Die OVA
FLCL
Trigun

I suppose I might add:
Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory
Ergo Proxy
Naruto Shippuuden
Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex Season 1

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#9 05/07/13 19:05

tens

Guys who want Sports anime like Captain Tsubasa only a thousand times better, i suggest Hungry Heart, Hajimme No Ippo, both of them are anime, Hajime no ippo is about to reach its 101 volume in manga. Over 50 volumes were made into anime i think. Its really really good. I would suggest it to anyone, even a little bit of interest in something which has sports.

#10 05/07/13 20:05

Iritscen

On the subject of baseball animé, I've watched Cross Game and Big Windup (Ōkiku Furikabutte).  I thought both were good -- they're extremely different shows.  I probably enjoyed Windup a bit more overall because it follows a team as they make their way through one of the semi-annual Koshien tournaments, but Cross Game has a deep psychological angle to it.  I seem to recall that all 26 episodes were devoted to one baseball game, though that might be a bit of an exaggeration.

#11 05/07/13 20:05

tens

Yeah i watched both, i like them. You should try Major! it follows one guy, the protagonist who is the son of a Baseball player. well i don't wanna reveal ANYTHING. ALL i can say is, it is probably the best baseball anime exist. i know since i have seen both Big windup And Cross Game... There's one more which im forgetting completely i think.. But yeah i feel Major is the trump card of baseball anime.  big_smile

#12 05/07/13 20:05

Iritscen

tens wrote:

There's one more which im forgetting completely i think..

Might you be thinking of Touch!?

But yeah i feel Major is the trump card of baseball anime.  big_smile

Yes, I've heard good things about it, maybe I'll check it out.

#13 05/08/13 00:05

Jon God

I tend to have a pretty eccentric taste in anime...

FLCL, Cowboy BeBop, Trigun, FullMetal Alchemist, Cromartie High School, Guren Lagann, Panty and Stocking, Ghibli films, Metropolis, Steamboy, Paprika, Castle of Cagliostro, Interstella 5555...

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#14 05/08/13 04:05

Iritscen

Yes, that's quite a range, too.  All you're missing is a sports animé and you have a straight flush smile

#15 05/08/13 09:05

kyletm57

Interstella was fantastic, it's one of the main reasons I became a Daft Punk fan. My favorite anime film is probably Spirited Away though, haven't seen it in ages but it was the first anime I ever watched (aside from Dragon Ball and a bit of Pokemon).

banner2440.jpg

#16 05/08/13 16:05

Lithium

Just finished Bakemonogatari. It was quite enjoyable, time to start the sequel series to it.

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#17 05/08/13 17:05

tens

Did u know Bakemonogatari means Ghost story and its sequel series Nisemonogatari means Fake story..both are quite enjoyable smile

#18 11/04/13 13:11

tens

Haaah, any one else waiting for the next Shingeki No Kyojin season to start? I'm following these latest few which are quite different from the usual anime, Log Horizon, Strike the Blood, Kill La Kill. These per say aren't different from the usual action, romance and genre but their approach makes each anime enjoyable. Hajime No Ippo, season 3 has started, can't wait for it to get the Dragon Arc. Lately, Eminem is the only thing i can get in my head, the chorus in his songs are just god-like, well nearly damn near close to it if not godly. Beautiful's chorus, Like Toy Soldiers, Space Bound, Whem I'm Gone, Lose Yourself and the lyrics in Survival just seem to pump me up crazily with no end in sight as i play games or just spend the time in front of the computer. I'm probably addicted but i think this is like being addicted to literature, a good thing? But as they always say, even too much of a good thing can turn bad. G'n DeathFrown yo Friendly Gamer! tongue

#19 11/04/13 15:11

ltemplar

well..

1)Bubblegum crisis (and everything related to this series)
2)Mobile suite Gundam (everything from games to anime and manga - except unicorn - wasn't able to stand it)
3)Ghost in the shell (as above - of curse the first OVA(first movie by Mamoru Oshii) is the best)
4)Tekkaman 1,2
5)Full metal alchemist ( both series and OVA's)
6)Claymore (both manga and anime series)
7)Battle angel Alita (OVA and both manga series, also the game on the ps1)
8)Macross/robotech (and everything related to it)
9)Akai kodan zillion(red photon zillion) - my first anime.
10)Sailor moon (don't laugh please? tongue) - my second even watched anime series
11)MD geist
12)General Daimos
13)Captain Tsubasa
14)Dragon ball (1, z , gt )
15)Bleach - till season 3 
16)Naruto only - Shippuuden is to much overpowered for my taste
17)Slayers - probably the best anime series related to fantasy (also manga and OVAs)
18)Record of Lodoss War
19)Berserk (both manga and anime)
20)Gun smith cats
21)Plastic little
22)Gall force (OVAs all series from gall force eternal story to New earth)
23)Angel Cop
24)Gundress
25)Black Magic (cyberpunk)
26)Patlabor 1,2
27)Cyber city odeo 808
28)Armitage III
29)Golden boy (probably the best echi oriented comedy known to me, except gigi)
30)Full metal panic
31)Trigun
32)Cowboy Bebop

And many, many, many others.....

Last edited by ltemplar (11/04/13 15:11)

#20 11/08/13 05:11

tens

Anyone a Hellsing Fan? I don't have many friends who watch anime, none actually. So.... yeaaah. here i am!   neutral

#21 11/08/13 17:11

Lithium

I find it overrated

#22 11/09/13 15:11

tens

Lithium, what's the source for your signature? I don't really find it over rated, i pride myself for the amount of anime i have watched/read and Hellsing actually places itself quite high in my list, just because of the dubbed version being so much more enjoyable and epic than the Japanese version. Not sure if you would agree but i insist you try watching the Hellsing Ultimate OVA in dubbed only. If you have and still find it over rated, i don't have words to convince you otherwise. tongue In all the anime which contains Vampires, i found Hellsing the only one to give me a sense of thrilling, a sense of awe when we saw their powers and how a true Nosferatu fought, when the romanian accent pierced through my heart, i just fell in love xD. Most other Vampire anime tend to go into a comical/ lighter approach to the subject often going like Rosario+Vampire and Chibi-Vampire, I haven't read all Vampire related manga but out of these, i find Hellsing to be the top, it wouldn't be a drag to say that Hellsing is a Masterpiece, the only problem i had with the OVA was that it could've been longer, maybe an episode more where they take it slower and let us get attached to Pip or Seras a bit more rather than the Action packed, fast paced anime it became. And besides if they let us get attached to Pip a bit more and the relationship between Seras and him, the people would've probably cried when he died /w Seras..... I'm such a hard-core fan. You should probably ignore this rant as i seem to have repeated points and stuff. But i insist if you haven't watched it, don't take my hype at the anime for anything and watch it with anticipation and expectation like any other regular anime! smile

Take a peek, I'm sure the world has a lot more to offer than that tiny look you just got. *Again, sorry for the long rant!*

Last edited by tens (11/09/13 16:11)

#23 11/09/13 15:11

Lithium

Oh God where did I leave it.

OHGODOHMANOHGODOHMANOHGODOHMANOHGODOHMANOHGODOHMANOHGODOHMANOHGODOHMANOHGODOHMANOHGODOHMANOHGODOHMANOHGODOHMANOHGODOHMAN

http://asuka111.deviantart.com/art/Runner-410849182

Here we go

#24 11/09/13 16:11

s10k
Website

Here's some:
Another
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Berserk
Kiss x Sis
Elfen Lied
Ghost in the Shell
Steins;Gate
Gankutsuou
Ergo Proxy
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Hotaru no Haka
Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Toradora!
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Angel Beats!
Death Note

#25 11/09/13 16:11

Delano762
Website

The Boondocks, as long as you consider it anime.

Circus Afro, Circus Afro, Polka Dot, Polka Dot!

Board footer