Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 05/05/13 19:05

EdT
Website

Re: New Character **RAYMAN*** Released Version 1 -on May 6 2013-

Great job!  He is a fun player to use.  I haven't tried the new weapon, but from the video it looks like it is coming from a point left of the hand and not from the hand itself.  Now we need to make a Rayman looking level tongue

#27 05/05/13 20:05

Samer
Website

Mm yeah i struggle with positioning particles .. Still don't know how to do it .. If it's something i should change in the onwc or the particle itslef. It took me quite a few trials and errors to make it shoot straight.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#28 05/06/13 00:05

EdT
Website

To move the particle's location relative to the weapon in found in the ONWC:

<ONWCParticle>
                <Transform>-1.76376659E-07 1 -1.34961656E-05 1 1.7637538E-07 -9.549518E-08 -9.54928E-08 -1.34961656E-05 -1 4.57992554 -4 0.161778986</Transform>
                <ParticleClass>w28_ball_e01</ParticleClass>
                <UsedAmmo>1</UsedAmmo>
                <ShotDelay>50</ShotDelay>
                <RoughJusticeShotDelay>5</RoughJusticeShotDelay>
                <ActiveFrames>30</ActiveFrames>
                <TriggeredBy>0</TriggeredBy>
                <DelayBeforeFiring>0</DelayBeforeFiring>
            </ONWCParticle>

The last 3 numbers in the Transform section represents the x,y,z starting location of the particle.  It takes a little trial and error to find the correct the location.  For the fist weapon, I changed the y number to -4 this moved the particle to the right.  Though normally the x is left/right, y is forward/back and z is up/down.  But somehow your particle uses y to move left/right.

#29 05/06/13 06:05

Samer
Website

ok thanks EdT smile I fixed it and updated the pack ...
I have tried messing with the transform tag before, but I didn't know it is the last 3 numbers, what do the first numbers represent ? because I've changed them before and didn't notice much difference. I usually copy paste the transform from the onwc of other weapons that look most similar to it .. in this case i used those of the vdg.
it's confusing to me because there are also orientation and direction in the particles themselves, I had to put Orinettovelocity for the particle attached to rayman 's punch TRAM while I had to put <Orientation>LocalPosY</Orientation><OrientationUp>LocalPosZ</OrientationUp> for the weapon one so they shoot straight.

#30 05/06/13 08:05

Iritscen

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#31 05/06/13 09:05

Samer
Website

transformation matrix xx xy xz yx yy yz zx zy zz

I don't know what that means .. if the last 3 are the position what are the other numbers

#32 05/06/13 09:05

EdT
Website

Well according to the OBS:CRSA page "The transformation matrix (3D rotation/scale/shear/mirror and translation) can be seen as four 3D vectors X, Y, Z, and R in world space."

Perhaps at one time, those settings applied to the particles, but now they are set in the particle itself.  I really don't know, just guessing smile

I only dealt with the last 3 numbers which affect the translation of the particle.

<Orientation>LocalPosY</Orientation>

That could be the reason y affected left/right in your particle.  Like I said, sometimes you have to change x,y,z and see how it affects the particle to find the correct position.

Board footer