Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 05/04/13 09:05

Bonebeast

installing mods

Hi every one, i`am new here smile

and i need some help i finished the game oni and i saw there is modes for oni so i wanted to try to play the mod "old china level" but i dont know how to make it work.

how i add characters to the game?
and how i add new levels to the game like lvl 24

i tried to do it alone and looked some guild but didnt understand how to do it please help me

#2 05/04/13 09:05

Bonebeast

Re: installing mods

sorry for posting in the wrong index

#3 05/04/13 09:05

Iritscen

Welcome -- you're not in the wrong forum, actually, because what you want to do is install the Anniversary Edition smile  Look at the sticky at the top of this subforum for a download link.  Once you have set up and initialized the AE (an automatic process), the AE Installer will allow you to download and install Old China.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#4 05/04/13 10:05

Bonebeast

Thanks you very much, i didnt know that you need to install the Anniversary Edition thanks for your help smile

Last edited by Bonebeast (05/04/13 10:05)

#5 05/04/13 10:05

Samer
Website

After you install the edition and run the AEinstaller you'll be able to download all the mods you want ... Characters and levels and all ... Be sure to read the help me file that comes with it for further info.

Last edited by Samer (05/04/13 10:05)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#6 05/04/13 11:05

Iritscen

We probably haven't been clear enough, since the new AE came out a month ago, that players should be downloading and installing mods through the AEI.  I've edited EdT's Old China post to make that one clear, but I've been debating whether I want to edit everyone's posts to clarify, or if I should just make a sticky in Modifications called something like "Read this to learn how to install mods".  I guess there's too many posts to reasonably edit (though not all of them are packages), so I'll try a sticky and see if that helps.

#7 05/04/13 11:05

Bonebeast

all good thanks very much,

i love this AE so much you dont know how much happy it make me!!! for years i wanted to play something new in oni and finally i can! love you people! big_smile

#8 05/04/13 12:05

Samer
Website

Glad you like it smile
@ Iritscen I've been meaning to edit my threads to change the install instructions i've changed some to say ''download using AEinstaller or from this depot link'' and removed the instruction to download character additives since its now core ... Do you think it's better if I remove the depot link all together from the mod's thread ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#9 05/04/13 12:05

Iritscen

I'm not sure that it's preferable.  I have removed the Depot link from some posts myself, but I'm wondering if some people won't get confused and discouraged if they can't even find a download link.  At least if they have a link, they are more likely to ask us a question like, "How do I install this?" so we can know that they need help.  Maybe some bold text at the top of the post is best, telling the user to go through the AEI.

Board footer