Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 04/17/13 15:04

Teampro147

Re: Anniversary Edition Seven is here!

Holy fu**in shit, It's actually over all my expectations, I don't know how you did it guys, but you all are awesome. Only two things that wasn't there when I think there should be, No date filter, like really? It's hard to summarize what you have, when you have like 40 mods and you have no idea where the hell the mod I just installed gone too. And the last thing shortcut, I don't really know how the hell you can make program with just ,,Magic" shortcut to java folder, but maybe you could make like exe version of it? Or something solid to launch it from not just shortcut. Because it would really awesome to have steam overlay every time you launch oni from launcher, it gets tidious to get to launcher, install mods and then get back to steam and launch games exe. Still if you can't do it no probs. It's still one of best comebacks from a fan base I have ever seen. Good job guys ! and sorry for my bad english language D: Not primary

Last edited by Teampro147 (04/17/13 15:04)

#52 04/17/13 18:04

Samer
Website

1. hi teampro, in the installer you can click on the "Added" column to arrange mods by date they were created ... however we needed to update many mods to work with the new AE format so some might appear as they are added newly but in fact they are old but were updated to the new format, so the date filter won't be very helpful.
2. you should always read the description of each mod you are installing, if you're new i highly advice to try each mod and not randomly select a dozen and install them, that's how you'll know where each mod went .. if you meant on the local disk, you can right click on the mod and choose "open mod folder" to go to it .. (After it's been downlaoded)
3. as for the shortcut, after the installation you have the option to create a shortcut on the desktop, you can also copy paste the shortcut in AE folder and put it anywhere you want for quick access. In addition you can launch the game from the installer, and you can also just launch the Oni.exe in the AE folder or create a shortcut for Oni.exe that's in the AE folder anywhere you like, that will launch Oni with the mods you installed last  ... so I don't see what's the point of another exe ?

I also suggest that you read the "help" under Installer menu to learn more about the AEinstaller.

Last edited by Samer (04/17/13 18:04)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#53 04/18/13 08:04

Teampro147

Samer wrote:

1. hi teampro, in the installer you can click on the "Added" column to arrange mods by date they were created ... however we needed to update many mods to work with the new AE format so some might appear as they are added newly but in fact they are old but were updated to the new format, so the date filter won't be very helpful.
2. you should always read the description of each mod you are installing, if you're new i highly advice to try each mod and not randomly select a dozen and install them, that's how you'll know where each mod went .. if you meant on the local disk, you can right click on the mod and choose "open mod folder" to go to it .. (After it's been downlaoded)
3. as for the shortcut, after the installation you have the option to create a shortcut on the desktop, you can also copy paste the shortcut in AE folder and put it anywhere you want for quick access. In addition you can launch the game from the installer, and you can also just launch the Oni.exe in the AE folder or create a shortcut for Oni.exe that's in the AE folder anywhere you like, that will launch Oni with the mods you installed last  ... so I don't see what's the point of another exe ?

I also suggest that you read the "help" under Installer menu to learn more about the AEinstaller.

I don't get problem by finding the exact mod I am looking for, but if you have a lot of them and its not so easy to find exact mode you are looking for if you don't remember its name, and I don't mean by "Date" when the mod was added to mod depot, I mean when you actually installed it on your game. That would be very helpfull. Thanks for answer by the way smile

#54 04/18/13 08:04

Iritscen

The mods which were installed in your game are whichever ones have ticked checkboxes when you open the AEI smile  Anything else is not installed.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#55 04/18/13 08:04

Teampro147

Iritscen wrote:

The mods which were installed in your game are whichever ones have ticked checkboxes when you open the AEI smile  Anything else is not installed.

I understand that D: but when you go to your installed section it would be really handy to have that when you installed it date sorting

Last edited by Teampro147 (04/18/13 08:04)

#56 04/18/13 08:04

Iritscen

I... don't agree smile  Why would that information be important?  Just look at the timestamp on AEInstaller/Installation.log or the AE/GameDataFolder .dats if you want to know that.

#57 04/18/13 09:04

Teampro147

Iritscen wrote:

I... don't agree smile  Why would that information be important?  Just look at the timestamp on AEInstaller/Installation.log or the AE/GameDataFolder .dats if you want to know that.

Oh ok thanks

#58 04/25/13 16:04

angelalex22
Website

HEY GUYS I NEED SOME HELP,i did everything and it worked just like in the screenshot,but when i try to download what i want it downloads SO SLOW !!! OMG !!! and i have free disk space but at first it goes quick at 23% and then it stopped...i waited a 30 minutes and still the same...PLEASE SOMEON HELP,i really want the casey and texutres mod C: cool

"Sometimes..dreams come true...even nightmares"

#59 04/25/13 16:04

Iritscen

Hmm, sounds like the server had a hiccup.  How many times did you try?  Perhaps just try again in a while, or download one mod at a time.

#60 04/26/13 05:04

Alloc
Website

Nothing like that should happen from AEI/server side. So if your own connection isn't the problem please check the AEI_output.log and if there's anything more than the initial system information send me the log.

Reminder for everyone with problems: If you notice any behaviour in AEI that does not look right check aei_output.log to see whether it contains errors and contact me. A detailed description of what you did is always helpful too wink

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#61 04/26/13 05:04

Samer
Website

Btw some one else on facebook group reported they suffered the slow downloads as well and then downloaded from the depot .. I told them it's a temporary thing ...

#62 04/28/13 00:04

angelalex22
Website

so please what should i do ? cuz i really want to download some mods..and it happens the same with 1 mod too

#63 04/28/13 02:04

Samer
Website

That :

Alloc wrote:

please check the AEI_output.log and if there's anything more than the initial system information send me the log.
....A detailed description of what you did is always helpful too wink

#64 04/28/13 11:04

angelalex22
Website

im really sorry that i ask to much for you guys but how do i  find AEI_output.log and how to check it,beacuse i dont know the files thing system :C mad  mad  mad  mad

#65 04/28/13 12:04

paradox-01

You could use your computer's file search function from within the Oni folder.

#66 04/30/13 21:04

Nico_Linsalata

Hello, I am having trouble installing on my Windows 8 PC. I installed everything, and did what I was supposed to do, but AEinstaller wont open. Nothing happens when I open it. Please Help

#67 05/01/13 05:05

Alloc
Website

Could you possibly be a bit more specific? Does it show some kind of error message, does it create a log file (AEI_output.log) and if so what does it contain?

#68 05/01/13 14:05

Nico_Linsalata

Nothing, no errors, or anything

#69 05/01/13 17:05

tens

@Nico i just encountered the same problem, the AE launcher was incapable of being opened, it didn't even show up in the task manager, i launched it via the unconventional method, Start the updater up  and after it updates , use the Option close & launch AE. This is a bit longer but it gets the AE running.Lemme know if it works for you 2. It also fixed the usual way of launching it.

Last edited by tens (05/01/13 17:05)

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#70 05/01/13 18:05

Iritscen

Oh, interesting.  An update for the AE Installer was released about 45 hours ago.  I wonder if that's when this started happening for people.

#71 05/01/13 19:05

Nico_Linsalata

tens wrote:

@Nico i just encountered the same problem, the AE launcher was incapable of being opened, it didn't even show up in the task manager, i launched it via the unconventional method, Start the updater up  and after it updates , use the Option close & launch AE. This is a bit longer but it gets the AE running.Lemme know if it works for you 2. It also fixed the usual way of launching it.

How do I do that?

#72 05/01/13 19:05

tens

Isn't there a a exe "AEInstaller2Updater" right below the 'AEInstaller2' run that, after it updates it has a option to run 'close the updater & run AE'.

What does it matter? Even if the odds are against me, I'll do it, it doesn't matter.

#73 05/02/13 04:05

Alloc
Website

@tens: This shouldn't be the case so if you encounter that problem again please also check if you do get a new output.log (delete the old one before trying to start AEI again). If not I'd appreciate it if you could contact me directly before running the updater manually as you could probably help me with some debugging then wink

@nico: Did you try running the updater manually? If so, did it help? If not I'd also appreciate if you contacted me directly too before doing so wink

(Use any contact information from oni2.net (at the end of the page) or join our IRC channel (see over here). I'm almost always around when I'm not at sleep wink )

Regards,
Chris

#74 05/02/13 10:05

tens

@Alloc, i almost fixed the problem instantly so im not sure if the output thing was created, but there were no multiple instances of the exe running at once, next time il contact you asap. Dude for some reason I'm unable to remove a mod which i previously installed, i deleted the local content only to still play the same content.. i de-selected the ones which i removed 2. I just re-installed the entire game, since i didn't like the change to levels, i love the characters and stuff but i want the vanilla maps, cause im gonna start a Brutal AI lets play, possibly in the near future.

#75 05/02/13 11:05

Samer
Website

... To uninstall a mod you just need to remove the check mark in the list and click the install button again. You don't need to delete it ..
and if you only delete but without clicking the install the mod will remain installed.

Board footer