Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 04/18/13 21:04

EdT
Website

Re: The soundtrack renewal topic (Updates, Feedback, Discussion)

Knox: Umm... play the game tongue  You can hear Fight on the Manplant level SP1, the others...  well I'll let you find them. big_smile

#27 04/18/13 22:04

Samer
Website

they sound really good in game too ! smile .. but the fight one sounded relatively louder than the others, (super move sounds were a bit unheard when it was playing), so i think it can be lowered a bit in the xml for a future update.

Knox alternatively you can use these commands in the console:
sound_music_start mus_asianb
sound_music_start mus_amasian
sound_music_start mus_fiteb

mm also EdT how did you know which ones to replace for example why fiteb not fitec for example ? and asianb not asian.

Last edited by Samer (04/18/13 22:04)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#28 04/19/13 12:04

EdT
Website

Samer: I chose fiteb since it was easy to hear at Manplant SP1, asianb because I tried asian which is used at Airport SP1 but it didn't fit.

#29 04/19/13 18:04

Knox

Thanks guys.

"New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team."
Oni fan since 2001.

#30 06/06/13 12:06

Menger&MeesterSoundtracks

Hello all,
First off, thanks for all the nice reactions so far! Also, I haven't gotten the preview mod (Thanks EdT) to work, but it's good to see so much enthusiasm and contributions from you. Today we managed to create a piece for the Ambient Suite. My thought is it would fit the bill for the deadly brain scene. soundcloud.com/mengermeester/preview-oni-ae-ost-ambient
@Iritscen a.o. means "amongst others"  I believe. Also, would you please add the new url to the main post?

Thanks for all your patience so far, we have a month or so off school left, after that I'm hoping we can pick up the pace on this soundtrack!

-Terry

Menger & Meester

#31 06/06/13 12:06

Samer
Website

I'm loving these.
I wanna hear them in the new levels too big_smile

Last edited by Samer (06/06/13 12:06)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#32 06/06/13 14:06

Iritscen

All right, added!  (I think you can post your own URLs once you get to 10 posts, so you're halfway there.)  I like the sound of this for the DB fight.  I guess the existing ambient sound would have to be removed since it might be distracting.

I was thinking while listening to this that it would be cool if the music could kick into a higher gear when a laser is tripped and the DB starts attacking, until the attack ceases and the music can revert to the tense quiet version.  I'm not 100% sure that the BSL can do that, though, and it's more of a matter of me thinking out loud than a request for M&M to do more work :-)  I've done little investigation into the music system, does anyone know if that could work?

Oh, and one of you should try to get in touch with EdT to see why the sample music package isn't working for you.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#33 08/31/13 07:08

Menger&MeesterSoundtracks

@Iritscen I like the idea of kicking it up a notch with each stage of the fight. If you guys can program it, we can make the music for it smile
Could you add this new preview aswell?

soundcloud(dot)com/mengermeester/oni-ae-ambient-suite-hasegawas

It's a preview for the Hasegawa's lab section that might replace any of several ambient suite parts amongst which: 

atm_cl05
atm_cl16
atm_cl22
atm_ft81
atm_gr09
mus_om01
mus_wls
mus_xtr2

Thanks for being so patient, we will get there in the end, it's just gonna take some time!

#34 08/31/13 12:08

Iritscen

Okay, added!  It would definitely be possible to change music tracks after each time a console is hacked in the DB fight.  Glad to see you're still at it!  This is a soothing track to listen to.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

Board footer