Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 12/17/12 04:12

Samer
Website

Re: Next Anniversary Edition ideas and discussion

*the tctf attacking civilian issue : yes i have tested it smile noticed it when i was making my smp-conversion pack that's when i noticed that some civilians are team tctf example the 2 civilians that are standing behind a caren on 1 floor and she's attacked by a striker .. And konoko says can you stay here with these civilians .. These are never attacked by the tctf while others like the female scientist who says ''they're maniacs you got here just in time'' or the female civilian who says you should be the one to use these weapons .. Are not team tctf and are attacked .. Changing their team to tctf fixes the issue. (they have non combatant flag so they won't attack syndicate even if they're team tctf) if you like take a look at my smp-conversion pack the fix is implemented but it also replaces 1 tctf with casey.
I can provide the fixed file without casey easily.

I agree on having the fixes as packages rather than in globalization folders .. However i suggesst they'd be given the lowest possible numbers so other custom made already released packs don't get overwritten by them.
Example the fixed Binaco for tctf hq should be lower in number than other mods like smp-conversion. I suggest for all bug fixes to use 1000- numbers.

Thanks for the oncv thing tongue

for the knockdown issue i think i'll be able to upload a vid of it tomorrow. I think it remains because parts of it are in globalization or there's another AE pack that uses some of the files from it.

For the weapons, I understand I'd like to help with it but modding weapons isn't my thing, and i agree it's not an urgent change ..

I can help with tracking down what each fix does if needed.

Good luck ^_^

Last edited by Samer (12/17/12 04:12)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#27 12/17/12 06:12

ltemplar

Hmm..

I can mod weapons if you wish.
But we should first decide..what weapons need improvements and which should be added. So lets vote
I also recommend to include..head shot mod or even better combine thous two mods(head shot and improved/new weapons) into one.
Also we should decide where to place thous new weapons in the game levels. And that must be done in really clever way , otherwise we'll kill the overall game balance.
And last thing..if you wish I can include/replace some of the EA models with mine models from oni DF , or if you don't like them I can create completely new designs.

#28 12/17/12 13:12

Samer
Website

Ltemplar if you have New weapons package that comes with the AE you'll notice that many of the newer weapons use original recolored models of old weapons. Example telekinetic bracelet uses the phase streamer just colored red ... The rocket launcher uses the sbg colored brown etc .. So I'm sure you can improve them, i was actually hoping you'd volunteer. So for the telekinetic bracelet i think you can make an original model for it .. For the rocket launcer too .. The portable motion wave cannon is currently using same model as that of barabas's but colored purple i think this should be decreased in size or also use another model.
It sure will be useful if you update this pack, even if it becomes a standalone pack and not an AE included one.
The head shot mod if fully functional can be a nice optional AE package since it's small.

#29 01/17/13 14:01

Samer
Website

these are the files for :
*jewels hit effect by willow kick for comguy based tracs except bots (done by modifying the original TRAMCOMCOMhit_jewels to match STRCOMCOMhit_jewels .. to not affect robots, i modified the bot's oncc to link to another trac with a BOTCOMhit_jewels instead of comguy trac)
*a fix so VDG stunned enemies can be thrown by characters other than konoko (done by adding:

<Shortcut>
                    <FromState>Stunned</FromState>
                    <Length>6</Length>
                    <ReplaceAtomic>yes</ReplaceAtomic>
                </Shortcut>

to tgt TRAMS of throws.)
*damage for tctf swat back punch throw (done by changing damage frame in that tgt throw TRAM from 170 to 71) 
*tctf attacking civilians in TCTF HQ fix (done by changing team of civilians from Neutral to TCTF)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22609960/samer … 0files.zip

Last edited by Samer (01/17/13 14:01)

#30 01/17/13 18:01

Iritscen

Samer wrote:

these are the files

Thanks a lot, I've downloaded them and will get to them soon.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#31 01/18/13 19:01

Samer
Website

Iritscen wrote:

I'll leave Alloc to initially investigate why the Daodan DLL is not disappearing the taskbar, but it might help to know the date on the DLL that you have, Samer, at least if it's been preserved since you downloaded the file.  That way we can check that date against the Daodan source code to see if there was a regression in a commit made after that time.

Alloc wrote:

To bad, already pointed you at this error on YIM
The date is just the one from the Daodan on the Depot, as the AEI downloaded it for him anyway. So we just have to find out for what reason Gumby's latest DLL does that. I assume that this can be fixed by setting an option in the daodan.ini though. Investigating later on the weekend.

Samer wrote:

P.s about the daodon yes i presume the AEI replaced the one i had which usually hid the taskbar .. However i think i made a backup of my bink32 that worked before .. I'll check and uppload it in a few hours

ok so this is the bink32 that works for me : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22609960/binkw32.zip I had a backup as it was replaced when I tried new AEI
*this covers the taskbar in fullscreen
*supports reflective textures latest format
never had a problem with this one, so I suggest to use this instead.

Last edited by Samer (01/19/13 07:01)

#32 01/18/13 20:01

Iritscen

Iritscen wrote:

I'll leave Alloc to initially investigate why the Daodan DLL is not disappearing the taskbar, but it might help to know the date on the DLL that you have, Samer, at least if it's been preserved since you downloaded the file.  That way we can check that date against the Daodan source code to see if there was a regression in a commit made after that time.

Alloc wrote:

To bad, already pointed you at this error on YIM
The date is just the one from the Daodan on the Depot, as the AEI downloaded it for him anyway. So we just have to find out for what reason Gumby's latest DLL does that. I assume that this can be fixed by setting an option in the daodan.ini though. Investigating later on the weekend.

Um, I meant the date on Samer's working Daodan, not the new one.  I now see that the date is May 26, 2010, which could be helpful if there was a regression in the code after that date.  But Alloc may be right, it might be an .ini thing.  We'll see which one of us gets to the bottom of this first. smile

Samer wrote:

P.s about the daodon yes i presume the AEI replaced the one i had which usually hid the taskbar .. However i think i made a backup of my bink32 that worked before

Good, it warms my heart when people make backups of their stuff smile

never had a problem with this one, so I suggest to use this instead.

Can't do that ^_^  The version we distribute should be buildable from the current source, and this is way older than the HEAD on svn.  Don't worry, we'll probably solve this over the weekend.

#33 02/07/13 16:02

Samer
Website

Hi guys, just wondering when will the new AE be ready .. I'm geting asked on the facebook group and i'm not sure if i should tell them to wait for new AE or download the old one, if it's gonna be too long still.
And if there's anything i can do to help, let me know.

#34 02/07/13 17:02

Iritscen

Sorry, I've been swamped by real life, but I should have time over the weekend to start wrapping things up.

#35 02/11/13 23:02

Samer
Website

Just out of curiousity ... Is Gumby actively working with you and Alloc on the new AE ?

#36 02/12/13 09:02

Iritscen

No, Gumby is truly retired, I've just been asking him a question here and there.

#37 02/16/13 19:02

Samer
Website

@ Iritscen ... What exactly is left to be done for the new AE ?
Are you sure I can't help with anything ? You don't have to do it alone.
Example you can make a list and we can work together to get things done i have some spare time and I think i know the mods well enough.
Example :
packaging the hq screens
glass breaking moves (have you figured what to do with them ? For example i can collect all related files from global and elsewhere and package them in 1 pack and test them if you want)
dream lab portraits fix for high resolution( i can prepare the files for it as paradox told me how to fix it before)
dashing AI (i can also collect them with Edt's cutscene fix and package and test them if needed)

Last edited by Samer (02/16/13 20:02)

#38 02/16/13 21:02

Iritscen

I'm certainly open to being helped.  But unfortunately most the tasks that you mention are easy, quick stuff.  The only reason I haven't done those things is that I was saving them for the end as "dessert" after I eat my vegetables; that is, once I finish the painful stuff that I'm doing now, I can do things like the HD screens quickly.

I'm totally exhausted right now so I can't go into more detail at the moment, but take a look at the AE to-do list on the wiki to see what is left.  I don't recommend working on anything yourself, as I have specific plans for some of these items that are not written down, and your work could be wasted.  Perhaps we can talk more about it tomorrow.

#39 02/16/13 21:02

Samer
Website

Ok Iritscen whenever you have the time and energy, tell me what to do ... As long as it's not programming stuff I think I can help smile

#40 02/17/13 10:02

Iritscen

Just in case you didn't notice, Samer, I've sent you an email.

#41 02/18/13 12:02

Samer
Website

Iritscen I got it and replied

#42 02/25/13 18:02

Samer
Website

Iritscen I sent you another email regarding some mods

#43 04/01/13 11:04

6opoDuJIo

What about ENB?
www.enbdev.com/download.htm
that library hooks d3d functions and makes you able to enchacnse graphics via image-effects

Implement Oni with Unity3D engine :
https://github.com/6opoDuJIo/Oni-Round2

#44 04/01/13 11:04

Iritscen

Hmm, interesting.  I can't really say anything intelligent about graphics myself, though.  Our only graphics expert is Neo and he's not on the forum, but he's been working on replacing Oni's graphics for a long time, so I suspect he'll just prefer to keep on doing it the way he has been.

#45 04/01/13 11:04

6opoDuJIo

Iritscen wrote:

Hmm, interesting.  I can't really say anything intelligent about graphics myself, though.  Our only graphics expert is Neo and he's not on the forum, but he's been working on replacing Oni's graphics for a long time, so I suspect he'll just prefer to keep on doing it the way he has been.

So, he is still trying?
If he is so exciting expert in stuff, why you guy's just don't re-made oni?

Last edited by 6opoDuJIo (04/01/13 11:04)

#46 04/01/13 11:04

Iritscen

Well, that's his goal smile  But he's a lone wolf, so it's a one-man project.  And there's not many people here qualified to help, even if they had the time and Neo felt like sharing.

#47 04/01/13 12:04

6opoDuJIo

Iritscen wrote:

Well, that's his goal smile  But he's a lone wolf, so it's a one-man project.  And there's not many people here qualified to help, even if they had the time and Neo felt like sharing.

The main problem - is content.
I saw at least 2 proofs of concept - Konoko payne and Serious Konoko.
First one is playable, but, not easy moddable (right?).
The second -  is almost nothing.
No any artitst left here?

#48 04/01/13 12:04

6opoDuJIo

I will try to use that ENB during next few day's and i will report about results  smile

#49 04/01/13 12:04

Iritscen

Yes, I don't think Konoko Payne is considered to be moddable.  I'm also doubting that Pierre is still able to develop it these days.  And Serious Konoko died a long time ago, before it got very far.

We haven't ever had many artists working on the game at any one point in time.  It's my hope that if we develop better modding tools we can be more attractive to creative types who just want to make content.  Our tools are pretty capable these days, but they're not as user-friendly as they could be.  There's a thread about this subject, actually.

#50 04/01/13 12:04

6opoDuJIo

Also, i saw the Oni browser
Exciting work, but animation preview not awailable on WIN8
Too bad, Oni.Files class library refers to XNA

Last edited by 6opoDuJIo (04/01/13 12:04)

Board footer