Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/29/13 22:03

Iritscen

Mac Services

This is sort of an accidental release, in that I wrote these scripts for myself and then decided that I might as well put a few extra minutes into them and make them useful for the general (Mac-using) public.

The node below contains separate downloads for three Automator workflows.  Double-clicking them should allow you to install them, at which point they will show up in your contextual (right-click) menu; however, you'll need to edit two of them before you can use them (see directions on Depot node linked to below).  In some cases, these are just a poor-man's substitute for a cross-platform GUI solution, but in lieu of that, these get the job done for me.  Here's what's offered:

*Compress (Windows-friendly).  It's like OS X's contextual Compress item, but it makes ZIPs without the invisible .DS_Store files that become visible in Windows.  Also automatically leaves out any version control stuff from Git and Subversion.  Only appears when a folder is right-clicked because files can be zipped with the built-in Compress feature.

*Convert oni to XML. Turns a .oni file into an XML file (assuming that OniSplit supports the conversion for this type).  User edit required before using, see directions on Depot.

*Find changes to oni file.  Shows you what was changed in the modded .oni file that you right-click, compared to the original resource in Oni.  This one's pretty cool, I have to say.  User edits required before using, see directions on Depot.

Download: http://mods.oni2.net/node/267

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#2 03/30/13 10:03

EdT
Website

Re: Mac Services

Very nice!  I wanted to look at a file in xml, so I gave your services a try.  Thumbs up!

I normally use a program called Compress Files to make Windows-friendly zips, but next time, I'll try your services.

#3 03/30/13 11:03

Iritscen

Glad it worked for you.  "Find changes" is the most complex one and most likely to be buggy, but it's sweet when it works.  By the way, I ended up reusing code from the AETools that we wrote back in 2008 smile

#4 03/30/13 14:03

Samer
Website

*Find changes to oni file.  Shows you what was changed in the modded .oni file that you right-click, compared to the original resource in Oni.  This one's pretty cool, I have to say.  User edits required before using, see directions on Depot.

that does sound very useful, I don't suppose we could ever have a windows equivalent ?

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#5 03/30/13 16:03

Iritscen

I knew someone would ask that smile  I'm not in a position to do that, but what someone would want to do is combine Gumby's Shell Extensions project with a port of my bash shell script code (a Windows user can read the files I uploaded and find the bash script embedded in some Automator XML).  I'm not sure what Windows provides in the way of file-comparison tools, though (my script relies on bash's "diff" and/or Xcode's FileMerge).

#6 03/30/13 16:03

s10k
Website

Personally I use WinMerge. You need to convert first the .oni to .xml although.

Board footer