Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 03/01/13 12:03

Valkyrur

Path of Exile

So, anyone here play Path of Exile? I'm trying to find a party that I can trust to not go ninja'ing loot.

SelvariaSigTG_zps73b33612.png

#2 03/04/13 22:03

kyletm57

Re: Path of Exile

I just visited the game's website, seems promising. I'll probably get around to playing it eventually, but I've been pretty busy as of late (plus I just played through "Parasite Eve 3/Third Birthday" in it's entirety and I'm pretty much gamed out -_-).

banner2440.jpg

#3 03/05/13 01:03

Valkyrur

kyletm57 wrote:

I'm pretty much gamed out -_-).

Aww, don't be so lame.

#4 03/05/13 02:03

Dirk Gently
Website

Certified wrote:

So, anyone here play Path of Exile? I'm trying to find a party that I can trust to not go ninja'ing loot.

Diablo 3 4evah

#5 03/05/13 16:03

Jon God

I didn't like the beta of Diablo 3, is the full game any better?

It felt like a Diablo fan fic to me. hmm

Jon-God.jpg
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: Ernie The Bear

#6 03/06/13 01:03

TOCS

Diablo III was a complete disaster. It had absolutely no resemblance to prior games in the series besides the name. And the fact that everything was focused on the Auction House system just made grinding even worse. If you had the money, you could buy everything.

I played Path of Exile in both closed and open beta, and all I can say is try it. You won't regret it, it's really great.

#7 03/06/13 04:03

Valkyrur

Oh god, who keeps making threads of everything I post?

At this rate we're going to need a Valkyria Chronicles thread (Mods please don't do that to my post), which I have taken the liberty of doing already on Facepunch: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1251893

#8 03/06/13 13:03

Dirk Gently
Website

TOCS wrote:

Diablo III was a complete disaster. It had absolutely no resemblance to prior games in the series besides the name. And the fact that everything was focused on the Auction House system just made grinding even worse. If you had the money, you could buy everything.

I played Path of Exile in both closed and open beta, and all I can say is try it. You won't regret it, it's really great.

Sounds like you haven't played it since launch. It is a completely different game now.

#9 03/06/13 13:03

Samer
Website

Certified wrote:

Well they made you a Certified thread so you can post whatever you like about games and your comments about them there, yet you left your thread and started asking about other games again on the thread they were moved from in the first place hmm  so ... I think they're justified, certified ... (oh rhyme ^_^)
i don't suppose path of exile has an offline mode tongue ? For those with sucky internet ?

Last edited by Samer (03/06/13 13:03)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#10 03/06/13 14:03

TOCS

Dirk Gently wrote:
TOCS wrote:

Sounds like you haven't played it since launch. It is a completely different game now.

Yeah, now it's just a broken game without the promised PvP features announced way before launch. To this day I still can't believe they spend almost a decade on such a generic and dull loot-fest. Not even the core atmosphere is there anymore with its cartoon/comic book style of graphics. And while I may be able to live with that, it still runs like crap on various modern setups. I literally could go on and on about how this game isn't worth the piece of illuminated plastic it was printed on, but moving on to superior titles such as PoE and Torchlight really made it a lot easier to forget about it. =p

EDIT: @ Samer: While they do enforce DRM on their product, the connection required to just play by yourself is minimal. I've recently played the game on an SDSL 512 kbit line, and I had no problems. I don't know if you'll have any fun on a 56k connection though, if that's what you're hinting. smile

Last edited by TOCS (03/06/13 14:03)

#11 03/06/13 17:03

Lithium

Certified wrote:

Poster of the year

Oni IRC | Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

#12 03/06/13 19:03

kyletm57

Well back on topic, I asked a few friends of mine how they felt about the game, and every single person said it was spectacular. Everyone also mentioned the skill system in one way or another. I'll definitely give this game a go this weekend, that is if I can run it (I'm currently running a laptop with a dual core celeron and some shitty Intel graphics card, so I'm pretty limited in what I can play).

banner2440.jpg

Board footer