Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 02/05/13 14:02

uroboros

Retextured ninjas

If you think that Oni needs more eyecandy this is a mod for you even if its not a very big one tongue

Mediafire download
http://www.mediafire.com/?p4nghs2a43rl9ek

Screenshots
eNhDF1s.jpg

comparison

ralwov9.jpg
TD8mUel.jpg

#2 02/05/13 15:02

TOCS

Re: Retextured ninjas

Nice! I've always wanted to work on the Ninja's. You're inspiring me to go back modding too. :<

#3 02/05/13 17:02

Samer
Website

You did a very good job uroboros smile
the cloth part of the texture and chest armor piece in particular are really outstanding.

I do have some recommendations\critique\advice though:
it seems you forgot to update some parts of the textures
example here the calf is not updated ... Oni%25202013-02-06%252000-30-22-15_cr.jpg
also the underside of the shoulders\biceps is not updated either, showing a color difference with the rest of the body ..  this applies to the easy and medium ones too Oni%25202013-02-06%252000-30-47-48_cr.jpg
I think the neck\fist\foot textures can be also improved to match the new textures and be less pixelated. ( I think you left these ones as is)

Do you mind if I go ahead and try and improve these things I mentioned ? and then I'll upload it to the depot for you.

Last edited by Samer (02/10/13 22:02)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#4 02/06/13 05:02

uroboros

thx TOCS

TOCS wrote:

I've always wanted to work on the Ninja's.

And Don't worry there is probably too much stuff in Oni which needs to be retextured tongue

Samer wrote:

Do you mind if I go ahead and try and improve these things I mentioned ? and then I'll upload it to the depot for you.

Yeah would be cool thx. smile I dunno how I missed that calf texture.

Last edited by uroboros (02/06/13 06:02)

#5 02/10/13 20:02

Samer
Website

Uroboros I've made some changes and uploaded the pack :
here's a summary of what I've done:
* Updated the necks, feet, shoulders, and fists textures and the hard ninja calf texture that you left out to match the new textures
* Made new HQ head textures to resemble this one 800px-Oni_Faces.jpg
* Fixed the underarm part to match the rest of the cloth
* Some parts of the armor were bluish while the rest was grey so I made them more monotone
* some parts of the textures were out of border i.e some parts were metal where they should have been cloth and vice versa (like the back of the calfs textures and biceps)
* added reflectivity to the hard ninja (it was left out before)
* I hope you'll be ok with this :$ I changed the green textures back to beige\brown for a couple of reasons: 1.I felt the green was too saturated ... 2. I'll be using same shade of green for the bgi characters so he'll end up looking bgi, 3. the previous HQ textures for other easy syndicate characters are brown so I felt he won't fit well. If you don't like the change I'll upload the green you made as an alternative.
I started a new thread with the download link and new screenshots here :
http://oni.bungie.org/community/forum/v … 903#p44903

I've also shared it on the facebook group and added a recommendation to it in my character retexture pack description smile

P.S I hope you do strikers or elites or thugs next big_smile
and you gotta teach me how you made the cloth part look so good.

Last edited by Samer (02/10/13 22:02)

#6 02/11/13 14:02

uroboros

1. 1st thing i like about your update is that the package doesn't crash the old china level on my pc which is pretty.. pretty cool wink
2.thanks for updating missing textures for neck, shoulders and red calf

* I hope you'll be ok with this :$ I changed the green textures back to beige\brown for a couple of reasons: 1.I felt the green was too saturated ... 2. I'll be using same shade of green for the bgi characters so he'll end up looking bgi, 3. the previous HQ textures for other easy syndicate characters are brown so I felt he won't fit well. If you don't like the change I'll upload the green you made as an alternative.

I have not problem with it at all I wanted to use the same colour as other syndicate characters but I'm slightly colour blind lol

4.But one thing really hurts me.. The head texture. I like your version of the mask but I spent way too much time on this particular texture and now you have replaced it :U
Could you please make a separate variant with my texture so my time won't be wasted. Another Idea is that you could update the current package and use your texture for the hard ninja since your mask look more armoured and use my texture for easy and med smile

Last edited by uroboros (02/11/13 14:02)

#7 02/11/13 14:02

Samer
Website

Mmm to be honest I didn't know you updated the head texture at all :$ it looked like you only applied a blur and poster edges filter to it to make the edges thicker and it was blue for some reason, and by looking at the screenshots it was the only part that I felt didn't fit well (the red eye sockets were too blurred and the black lines were too thick).. Could you tell me what's the difference between it and the original ? ...
The one I made I redrew the whole thing from scratch starting from a grey rectangle (took about 2 hours).
If you feel it's necessary though I'll upload your version of head textures as 20141 (cz I've already published the other one on facebook and it's been downloaded)
Or if you like we can ask which one users like more to have a unified pack.

Last edited by Samer (02/11/13 14:02)

#8 02/11/13 16:02

uroboros

Samer wrote:

Mmm to be honest I didn't know you updated the head texture at all :$ it looked like you only applied a blur and poster edges filter to it to make the edges thicker and it was blue for some reason, and by looking at the screenshots it was the only part that I felt didn't fit well (the red eye sockets were too blurred and the black lines were too thick).. Could you tell me what's the difference between it and the original ? ...

Well I can show you the difference here it may not be the best texture ever but I think its detailed enough
http://i.imgur.com/AwGP6Lz.jpg
I hope you can see that I haven't used any shortcuts. Unfortunately something killed most of the detail.

The one I made I redrew the whole thing from scratch starting from a grey rectangle (took about 2 hours).

Yeah I spent similar amount of time so you could at least ask me wink

Last edited by uroboros (02/11/13 16:02)

#9 02/11/13 18:02

Samer
Website

yeah I saw it smile I took a look at all the textures before I worked on them ..
this is yours compared to the original (with resize and blur):
2013-02-12_003849.jpg
this is mine starting from scratch
2013-02-12_004041.jpg

this is on the model : 1-Vanilla 2-Your version 3-My version
ninj.jpg
It could simply be that I need new eyeglasses tongue but I personally don't see much difference between one and two besides the blue tint. I just wish you gave him eyes like this one tongue 800px-Oni_Faces.jpg  and made him less bluish

and just to clarify I didn't ask about the head because I simply didn't notice it was updated tongue I thought you forgot it like the necks and shoulders and etc so I thought I was doing a good thing by also making it HQ .. my bad ^_^
Anyway no harm done smile here's your version on its own depot page .. gave it 24011 (will take precedence over my version and added a description to both to clarify the difference) http://mods.oni2.net/node/249
It's always nice to give users several options.

Last edited by Samer (02/11/13 19:02)

#10 02/11/13 19:02

s10k
Website

wow tried this textures (AEI2 makes it piece of cake) and they look great! Good job.

#11 02/12/13 07:02

uroboros

Samer wrote:

here's your version on its own depot page .. gave it 24011 (will take precedence over my version and added a description to both to clarify the difference) http://mods.oni2.net/node/249

Okay.. I can rest in peace now. hehe tongue

Last edited by uroboros (02/12/13 07:02)

#12 02/12/13 11:02

Samer
Website

do you have any plans to do strikers or elites next big_smile ?? if yes we can work together if you like .. I like making the head textures ^_^ and you're much better than me with cloth parts so maybe we can collaborate sometime on them.

#13 02/12/13 14:02

uroboros

That would be cool Idea I think modding is much more interesting if you know that you don't work alone.
Unfortunately 1. I need to refresh my mind after ninjas cuz that required much more time than I expected.
2. I really shouldn't do stuff like that now because I have the most important exam in my life in the next 3 months.

But if I'll feel that I have motivation to work on elites I'll let you know. (I don't really like character design for strikers tongue)

Last edited by uroboros (02/12/13 14:02)

#14 02/12/13 15:02

Samer
Website

yeah I don't like strikers either tongue my least favorite characters in Oni by all aspects ... that's why I never worked on them and that's why I hoped you would tongue elites sound nice ... one day .. smile
good luck in your exam. ^_^

#15 02/12/13 22:02

kyletm57

Appreciate the mod, looks great!

banner2440.jpg

Board footer