Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#1 01/31/13 20:01

TheCreature

AE not loading packages.

Hey guys!  I'm back!  And I need some help...

I picked up a copy of Oni for Windows yesterday, and immediately went to install AE and my favorite mods.  Well, the install went fine, and Oni runs smoothly with the AE.

However, I ran into some trouble when loading some mods.  I downloaded then en masse, and dropped them in the packages folder.  But the AE installer doesn't seem to detect some of the newer ones, such as "80280OldChina1.1, 22005SamMegaPackCharacters, and 22006SamMegaPackConversion."  However, "70000HDScreens, 23950CharacterRetexture, 80100RealSkies, and 23900CharacterAdditives" seem to work perfectly fine.

Thoughts?  Did I miss something?  I'm new to the whole PC thing... it's a bit different from my Macs.

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#2 01/31/13 20:01

Iritscen

Re: AE not loading packages.

Sorry, I'm currently preparing the next AE, and the package format is newer than what the old AE Installer supports.  It might be ready in a week, but if you don't want to wait, you can get the beta of the new installer from the "AE Installer 2" thread.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#3 01/31/13 21:01

TheCreature

Cool.  I saw that there was talk about that.  Didn't see the beta option though.  I might just check that out.

Last edited by TheCreature (01/31/13 21:01)

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.  Promoting the IRC and stuff for the RP: Rules Dice Map and RP

#4 01/31/13 23:01

Samer
Website

yes sorry about that ... I've converted most of my packs to the new format thus they will not work with the old one .. I also recommend you download the individual character packs rather than smp-characters as that pack's fate is still undecided and may be removed.

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

Board footer