Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#101 01/25/13 12:01

Alloc
Website

Re: AE Installer 2

Those are commandline arguments. So if you have a shortcut to the .jar you can add those at the end to activate them.

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#102 01/25/13 12:01

Samer
Website

uhm :$ ok i right click the shortcut then details .. do i add it to target "D:\Games\Oni\Oni Play\Edition\AEInstaller\AEInstaller2.jar" -nocacheupdate or to 'start in' box .. are you considering adding it and the offline mod to the settings dialogue btw :$ ?

Last edited by Samer (01/25/13 12:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#103 01/25/13 12:01

Alloc
Website

Samer wrote:

uhm :$ ok i right click the shortcut then details .. do i add it to target "D:\Games\Oni\Oni Play\Edition\AEInstaller\AEInstaller2.jar" -nocacheupdate or to 'start in' box .. are you considering adding it and the offline mod to the settings dialogue btw :$ ?

The first one which is the command line, not the "start in" (which is the working dir). And nope, such silly hacks won't ever make it to the GUI ;P

#104 01/25/13 12:01

Samer
Website

Ok thanks it works for me big_smile you're a life saver tongue it was getting really frustrating to get the old cache over and over. I hope my proxy explodes or something tongue

#105 01/25/13 14:01

Iritscen

I need someone to install the Daodan DLL at http://mods.oni2.net/node/233 through the AEI2 and make sure that Oni's intro plays and that the taskbar is hidden when in fullscreen mode.  I updated the node with a pre-made daodan.ini that should fix the taskbar issue, but my Windows VM does not seem to work properly with the DLL, so I need to know if it works for someone running a real Windows machine.

Edit: Please also tell me if there is anything odd about the .zip, like foreign files, as I created it on my Mac.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#106 01/25/13 15:01

Samer
Website

Tested on windows 7 .. taskbar hidden in full screen and the zip doesn't contain foreign files either.
however for the intro movie it runs as small windowed video making my screen flicker and making oni non responsive. oni takes focus but the desktop still shows behind it, so i can't click on anything else, but i can't skip the video either (as if it's switching between oni and the desktop very quickly).

Btw the ending video is black screen for me .. i hear the audio but don't see video .. fullscreen black.

p.s I saw your post earlier but it took me long to make AEI download the new moddepotcahce so it updates it.

Last edited by Samer (01/25/13 15:01)

#107 01/25/13 15:01

Iritscen

Ugh.  Do the video problems occur both when in fullscreen and windowed mode?  And can you try changing the daodan.ini's WindowHack setting to false and testing fullscreen and windowed mode again?  Sorry, I probably need to set up a Windows partition again on my Mac.

#108 01/25/13 16:01

Samer
Website

Do the video problems occur both when in fullscreen and windowed mode?

yes .. but in windowed mode if i press escape i can skip the video (but also flickering)

And can you try changing the daodan.ini's WindowHack setting to false and testing fullscreen and windowed mode again?

that works .. taskbar still hidden and intro video shows in windowed and fullscreen.
the problem with the outro video apparently is caused by my game resolution 1360 x 768 .. when i switched it to 1024 x 720 the outro shows .. maybe support for higher resolution can be added. (intro shows on 1360x768 but outro doesn't)

Last edited by Samer (01/25/13 16:01)

#109 01/25/13 16:01

Iritscen

Okay, cool, thanks for testing.  It seems that it might be better to have WindowHack turned off.  Alloc claims that it works for him, but on my VM, when it's on, the game window never appears (the game runs invisibly), and when it's off, I can play fine and the movies play with just sound (it's the video component that doesn't seem to work in the VM).

If anyone else is following this conversation ^_^, please let me know whether the Daodan DLL works for you as it comes from the Depot, or whether you have to turn off WindowHack to get the game to run properly.

#110 01/25/13 17:01

Samer
Website

Maybe you're not seeing video and just sound because of resolution too. My outro video doesn't play on the 1360 res but on 1024 ..
P.s : i'm always glad to help in any way i can.

Last edited by Samer (01/25/13 17:01)

#111 01/26/13 02:01

Samer
Website

Iritscen wrote:

If anyone else is following this conversation ^_^, please let me know whether the Daodan DLL works for you as it comes from the Depot, or whether you have to turn off WindowHack to get the game to run properly.

just wanted to clarify that you guys can test it without having the latest AEI, just downlaod the daodon from Iritscen's link and replace your current one in the edition folder ...but make a copy first of your old bink32.dll as backup.
but Iritscen they don't have an easy way to test if the video works if they're not using AEI2. so for me both windowhack true\false the game was able to run if video is off, (and that's what they'll be able to test) but only with windowhack = false the game ran and the video ran correctly. so i think it's safe to assume that you can re-update the depot with windowhack=false.

#112 01/26/13 08:01

Iritscen

It's true that anyone can test without using the AEI2 (I was just additionally trying to make sure that the package was okay).  But why don't they have an easy way to test if the video is okay without the AEI2?  You lost me there.  Maybe it's because I'm still waking up.

#113 01/26/13 15:01

Iritscen

I have updated the Daodan DLL to not use WindowHack, so hopefully that ends up being better for everyone.

#114 01/26/13 15:01

s10k
Website

Here the update works without showing the windows taskbar. smile

About the intro I'm not sure since I deleted intro.bik. I renamed outro.bik to intro.bik and the final cutscene showed up at the begin...

Final cutscene is totally bugged out. The application seemed to crash, when I opened windows process manager it started out playing lagging my computer out. Also it did flicker and blocked my mouse.

@Alloc
Revert selection seems to not work in lastest AEI.

Hm, the icon contains both 32x32 and 16x16. Is only the wrong one used with the shortcuts or is it also when you open the icon itself?

Indeed the icon contains both. It looks pixelizated at my W7 desktop although... Maybe add a higher resolution on it?

Another request, can you added a popup notification once AEI detects that new mods have been added to depot (with a summary which have been added) like you do with the updates?

Does the AEI allow platform dependent script files? Or it only supports platform independent ones? (regarding some incompatibility issues like slowmo)

Check for updates seems to be not working yet. At least it doesn't give any output. (not sure if it only checks for AEI updates or also for mods/tools)

You have made a good work with the summary of mods/dependencies installed.

Last edited by s10k (01/26/13 15:01)

#115 01/26/13 17:01

Iritscen

Script_10k wrote:

Final cutscene is totally bugged out. The application seemed to crash, when I opened windows process manager it started out playing lagging my computer out. Also it did flicker and blocked my mouse.

What was your resolution?  Were you in Windowed mode?  If so, can you try again with WindowHack turned on?

Does the AEI allow platform dependent script files? Or it only supports platform independent ones? (regarding some incompatibility issues like slowmo)

Yes, this works.  See the VanillaBSL package for an example of Windows/Mac divergence.

#116 01/26/13 17:01

Samer
Website

Script_10k wrote:

weird that happened to me with the intro when windowshack was on :\ solved when off .. maybe like me ur outro is bugged out due to resolution.

works for me .. if you select something and hit revert selection it unselects it and vice versa. 0.99g

yes like oni files you put them in mac-only or win-only or common in bsl folder

Check for updates seems to be not working yet. At least it doesn't give any output. (not sure if it only checks for AEI updates or also for mods/tools)

it works but doesn't show anything if there's no update, I mentioned this before but Alloc said that he didn't want to trouble users with messages that there's no update .. but i do think there should be a message when u manually check for updates

#117 01/26/13 18:01

Samer
Website

Can someone do me a favor please ? can you download 22410femblackops via AEI2 and test it ? it gives you konoko in a blackops tctf and 3 female blackops cops ..however for some reason the 3 femblackops aren't showing saying they have a null animation .. this happens if the trac they refer to is not found but they use TRACai_kon_animations same as other copfems .. and it works on the previous AE \ AEI .. can you see if it doesn't work for you either ?

Edit: Alloc if it's not too much trouble can we have a box above all boxes to quickly select\unselect all mods in the current list (if you select texture mod type, clicking on it will select all texture packs .. if -All- then it select all the All. (old AE had that)

Last edited by Samer (01/26/13 18:01)

#118 01/26/13 18:01

Alloc
Website

Script_10k wrote:

Does work for me. Did you delete the GDF or the installed_mods.xml within?

Script_10k wrote:

Hm, the icon contains both 32x32 and 16x16. Is only the wrong one used with the shortcuts or is it also when you open the icon itself?

Indeed the icon contains both. It looks pixelizated at my W7 desktop although... Maybe add a higher resolution on it?

Just replaced with the big .ico you sent me which contains all resolutions. Hope Windows works ok with this file smile

Script_10k wrote:

Another request, can you added a popup notification once AEI detects that new mods have been added to depot (with a summary which have been added) like you do with the updates?

Hum, that could probably be done somehow but would require quite some work on my end. Think with having a sortable column for last change this isn't necessary?

Script_10k wrote:

Should do, further reply down as reply to Samer's reply wink

Samer wrote:

it works but doesn't show anything if there's no update, I mentioned this before but Alloc said that he didn't want to trouble users with messages that there's no update .. but i do think there should be a message when u manually check for updates

Yup, that's a good point for the manual check, just added a "no updates" message to that one. The automatic one will still not show anything if no updates are available wink

#119 01/26/13 18:01

Samer
Website

I edited my previous post about selct\unselect box and about femblackops pack

#120 01/26/13 18:01

Iritscen

A Select All button sounds like a great way to ruin/crash Oni ^_^  Sorry, but I think the player should have to select each and every mod he's going to install.  Select All will only encourage lunacy.  I'm already trying not to think about the inevitable bug report when someone tries to install 100 mods and wants us to figure out why Oni is blowing up.

#121 01/26/13 18:01

Samer
Website

it was present in the old AE tongue .. it can work like this I always want to install all characters .. i can select all of them with 1 click .. i want to try 1 mod .. instead of unselecting 20 mods one by one i click unselect all .. lunacy will still be present in some whether the box is there or not tongue
anyway regarding the TRAC issue .. apparently new Globalize works differently .. decompiling the level0_Final from new one doesn't give a TRACai_kon_animations while old one does .. thus it became missing .. don't know if it affects any other mods.

I have another bug soemtimes after I run the game all checkmarks disappear from AEI eventhough the packs are still installed and I didn't unselect them. and the install log still has them listed .. but they're not shown checked or I in the state in the AEI

Last edited by Samer (01/26/13 18:01)

#122 01/26/13 18:01

Iritscen

Samer wrote:

it was present in the old AE tongue .. it can work like this I always want to install all characters .. i can select all of them with 1 click .. i want to try 1 mod .. instead of unselecting 20 mods one by one i click unselect all .. lunacy will still be present in some whether the box is there or not tongue

Yes, but Select All will encourage lunacy smile  Keep in mind that this program is for players (99% of the fan base) and modders (1%).  Alloc's doing his best to take all requests into account, but you can't expect him to keep adding new tweaks that only benefit a limited number of people.  And I don't really see how Select All would benefit players.  Edit: Why don't you just have a separate Oni folder for testing mods than for regular playing?

I have another bug soemtimes after I run the game all checkmarks disappear from AEI eventhough the packs are still installed and I didn't unselect them. and the install log still has them listed .. but they're not shown checked or I in the state in the AEI

I can guess that Alloc will want you to find a way to reproduce this issue before he can figure out what is causing it.

#123 01/26/13 19:01

Alloc
Website

Samer wrote:

anyway regarding the TRAC issue .. apparently new Globalize works differently .. decompiling the level0_Final from new one doesn't give a TRACai_kon_animations while old one does .. thus it became missing .. don't know if it affects any other mods.

AEI2 works almost exactly the same as AEI1 in regards of initalization of the core and mod installation. Differences are only that AEI1 didn't include all .oni-resources in the vanilla-level0_Final.dat it uses later on to install mods whereas AEI2 does include all of them.

On that specific issue: Where does the TRAC file come from normally? My Oni doesn't have a resource named "TRACai_kon_animations" at all and 22410 doesn't include this either?! Perhaps you selected another package when installing with AEI1?

Samer wrote:

Hrm, yeah, as Irit said ... I need to have a way to reproduce this bug wink
It could help if you checked the aei_output.log if that bug occurs to see if there's some errors going on (if so mail me the log). Furthermore you could check whether GDF still has the installed_mods.xml when that happens.

Regards,
Chris

#124 01/26/13 19:01

Samer
Website

Iritscen wrote:

Yes, but Select All will encourage lunacy smile  Keep in mind that this program is for players (99% of the fan base) and modders (1%).  Alloc's doing his best to take all requests into account, but you can't expect him to keep adding new tweaks that only benefit a limited number of people.  And I don't really see how Select All would benefit players.  Edit: Why don't you just have a separate Oni folder for testing mods than for regular playing?

I have no doubt Alloc is doing his best and more than enough .. i don't see how select unselct all would encourage someone to select all and wait for God knows how much time to downlaod all of them unless they're really dumb .. in windows whenever there's a list there's always a select unselect all ... and I don't think it applies to only me .. players as well like players who have been on this forum for a long time ... and are going to move all their local packages to the new AE folder will have to go manually select maybe 30+ packs where they could just select local and then tic 1 box ..
how many luny cases caused by the select\ unselect all box in the previous AEI ? not many I think .. instead we can add a warning to not install too many mods .. anyway an unselect all in the file menu could be useful but not a deal breaker if not present.
and all the suggestions I make are suggestions .. not "demands" so of course Alloc is free to choose which suggestions to implement.

I can guess that Alloc will want you to find a way to reproduce this issue before he can figure out what is causing it.

well I don't know how to re-create if it happens randomly smile
I selected some packs some local (unlock all moves and andrashi melee) some downloaded, installed .. ran the game .. AEI still open .. exited the game .. looked at AE installer there are no check marks .. exited AEI and ran it again still no check marks near any pack.
I don't see an installed_mods.xml I see an Installation one and installed_tools.xml
that's why i actually though if the select\unselect all cz the checkmarks disappeared and i had to reselect all of them one by one.

On that specific issue: Where does the TRAC file come from normally? My Oni doesn't have a resource named "TRACai_kon_animations" at all and 22410 doesn't include this either?! Perhaps you selected another package when installing with AEI1?

it came from ONCCcopfem the normal usual one .. that's always been there .. and I always test my mods as only packs before release .. and no one of the users have reported a problem with it before .. it also runs on old AE as the only package .. i think old AE had some extra files in the globalization or something .. no matter setting it to konoko_animations instead solved it .. uploaded the new one.

Last edited by Samer (01/26/13 19:01)

#125 01/26/13 19:01

Alloc
Website

Samer wrote:

I don't see an installed_mods.xml I see an Installation one and installed_tools.xml

Did you actually look in the GDF for that XML? It's *not* in the AEInstaller-folder wink
If it really does not appear after *every* install-run there's something wrong. And perhaps that's stated in the aei_output.log on install-run of AEI.

Samer wrote:

it came from ONCCcopfem the normal usual one .. that's always been there .. and I always test my mods as only packs before release .. and no one of the users have reported a problem with it before .. it also runs on old AE as the only package .. i think old AE had some extra files in the globalization or something .. no matter setting it to konoko_animations instead solved it .. uploaded the new one.

Yeah, seems like that one belongs to the old globalize-package. That's not yet ported so everything depending on that one isn't working as it did before wink
(E.g. HD Screens)

Board footer