Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#51 01/20/13 16:01

Samer
Website

Re: AE Installer 2

Ok if we're gonna keep oncv/onvl in 23900 and not made mandatory then all these packs will need the dependency.
1.Smp-characters
2.shinibot2.0
3.casey
4.kojiro
5.hayate
6.hanako
7.hasegawas
8.golden tctf
9.grey fury
10.bgi agents
11.bgi hammer
12.bgi heavy bot
13.bgi ninjabot
14. White chief and black chief
15. Jubei and akane
17. Wraith mod squad by Edt
18. Motoko (?) i'm not sure her oncc uses oncvany or oncvmotoko

also if this is to be used then you shouldn't include any core oncvs and onvl in the new AE that came with the previous AE (and the original ''new-characters 22000'' can also get a dependency to 23900 since it lists the oncv used by ''new-characters'' too.)

so really it might be less trouble to just make the oncv mandatory instead of re-editing and reuploading all those packs

if you make the oncvs mandatory and only the impacts part remains in the character additives then only these will require adding the dependency:
1.hayate
2.hanako
3.greyfury
4.hammer
5.bgi heavy bot
6.bgi ninja bot
7.smp characters
another important point to keep in mind, if oncvs are not made mandatory, is those who have already downloaded some of the characters before will still need to manually select character additives each time they select one of the packs (as they didn't include dependency before) as they need the oncvs, if they forget to install it it will crash upon start ... Unless they redownload all the packs again to have that dependency flag in them since it's a mod.cfg not a depot thing
i'm ok with both but i highly recommend the second one (make oncv and onvl mandatory as we agreed before). And yes those 7 will also need the incompatability with exploding barrel.

Last edited by Samer (01/20/13 23:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#52 01/20/13 17:01

Alloc
Website

Script_10k wrote:

Tools work fine. Can you make all dialogs open at center like the main program?

It should already do this, don't know why it doesn't. Will investigate tomorrow wink

Script_10k wrote:

btw I can save and load selections (using the program explorer) it's weird that the problem only appear when opening packages folder or ae folder.

Well, the open/save dialogs are part of the swing components and have nothing in common with Windows' explorer wink

Script_10k wrote:

Also when installing mods can you specify which mods are being downloaded (and if they are dependencies)? For example when I was downloading old china it automatically downloaded samer's mega pack, but I didn't noticed it at first thinking that was a bug.

Good point, will see if/how that could be added.

Regards,
Chris

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#53 01/20/13 18:01

Iritscen

so really it might be less trouble to just make the oncv mandatory

Heh, you might have a point.  I'll make my mind up tomorrow.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#54 01/20/13 19:01

Samer
Website

Alloc wrote:
Samer wrote:

mm is it normal that I still don't see Severed Packs in my list ? (you meant I have to wait 3 minutes ? if so it's been more than 10 mins since I made the change tongue) and I still don't see it in the list.

Well, I do get them listed ... big_smile
Perhaps an error refreshing the list? If it doesn't show up after your next AEI launch please send me the aei_output.log.

8+ hours later I still don't see them.

AE Installer 2 0.95
JarPath:   D:\Games\Oni\Oni Play\Edition\AEInstaller
PrefsPath: D:\Games\Oni\Oni Play\Edition\AEInstaller
DataPath:  D:\Games\Oni\Oni Play\Edition\AEInstaller\packages
DownPath:  C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\oni_aei\downloads
TempPath:  C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\oni_aei
ValidPath: true
Platform:  WIN
Architect: X86
.NET:      true
OniSplit:  true
Globalized:true
Free space on temp: 16.5 GiB
Free space on Jar:  123 GiB

Took: 3151 msec

again i tried deleting moddepotcache ...only thing that changed is:Took: 2090 msec ... still no severed in list.

Iritscen wrote:

so really it might be less trouble to just make the oncv mandatory

Heh, you might have a point.  I'll make my mind up tomorrow.

ok keep this in mind though

Samer wrote:

another important point to keep in mind, if oncvs are not made mandatory, is those who have already downloaded some of the characters before will still need to manually select character additives each time they select one of the packs (as they didn't include dependency before) as they need the oncvs, if they forget to install it it will crash upon start ... Unless they redownload all the packs again to have that dependency flag in them since it's a mod.cfg not a depot thing

Script_10k wrote:

Also when installing mods can you specify which mods are being downloaded (and if they are dependencies)? For example when I was downloading old
china it automatically downloaded samer's mega pack, but I didn't noticed it at first thinking that was a bug.

I suggest changing dependencies of China Mod to golden tctf, casey, hayate, hanako instead of all of SMP-Characters.
this is another instance where OR could be useful. I'm considering making SMP a meta-pack like Alloc suggested or just canceling it all together, since the OR is not possible.

Last edited by Samer (01/20/13 19:01)

#55 01/20/13 19:01

Iritscen

Just a quick note, I am seeing the two Severed Textures packs in the list, so it's something on your end, Samer.

#56 01/20/13 20:01

Samer
Website

well of course it is tongue why would things go smoothly for me tongue
I tried deleting everything and re-globalizing .. same thing .. doesn't that indicate it's an issue online instead of locally ?

btw .. Submitter field .. I think we agreed before it's kinda useless for users and for modders tongue (no one needs to know who uploaded the mod except moderators maybe) so I suggest to remove it as it steals focus and gets confusing with creator. (or if it's to be kept put it under creator as last field)

mm ok for "Check for Updates" if no update is detected is it supposed to say anything like no update available ? .. mine isn't saying anything does this mean it's not updating tongue

1 more thing I checked ModDepotCache it does mention Severed

<value>Hi-Res face textures for Konoko, Furies, Muro, Barabas, Griffin and Shinatama; in addition to Konoko's Copoutfit by SeverED . Version 2 also includes updated Konoko TCTF outfit by Vicious Reilly.</value><safe__summary></safe__summary><safe__value>&lt;p&gt;Hi-Res face textures for Konoko, Furies, Muro, Barabas, Griffin and Shinatama; in addition to Konoko's Copoutfit by SeverED . Version 2 also includes updated Konoko TCTF outfit by Vicious Reilly.&lt;/p&gt;

but the description isn't updated ... it should say Hi-Resolution and not Hi-Res I changed that several hours ago, so I think it's failing to re-cache the depot ..

p.s i think this problem happened recently cz when u updated casey and the other packs before they showed for me .. so either it's cz i updated the ae installer or if you changed something on your end recently

Last edited by Samer (01/20/13 22:01)

#57 01/21/13 04:01

Alloc
Website

@Samer:
could you please check if there is a "jsoncache.zip" in your download folder? If so, delete that one *and* ModDepotCache.xml and try again. That's the only thing left for me ... otherwise it can only load the data that is in the online-cache and that definitely does have the new data (as Irit and I got it, there's no difference in the contents of a plain file if different people download it wink ). Ok, could also be a proxy cache in between the server and your PC, but that would be a misconfigured one as it shouldn't send out the cached file if the server has a newer one (and it would be another thing we just can't fix on our side sad ).

Samer wrote:

btw .. Submitter field .. I think we agreed before it's kinda useless for users and for modders tongue

K

Samer wrote:

mm ok for "Check for Updates" if no update is detected is it supposed to say anything like no update available ? .. mine isn't saying anything does this mean it's not updating tongue

I thought it would be annoying to bug the user with an update info on each startup if there's actually nothing to update. So no, it's not supposed to show you anything as long as you have the most recent files wink

Samer wrote:

p.s i think this problem happened recently cz when u updated casey and the other packs before they showed for me .. so either it's cz i updated the ae installer or if you changed something on your end recently

Nothing changed on that topic since at least saturday, 13:00 CET wink

#58 01/21/13 04:01

Samer
Website

Alloc wrote:

@Samer:
could you please check if there is a "jsoncache.zip" in your download folder?

no it doesn't sad

Ok, could also be a proxy cache in between the server and your PC, but that would be a misconfigured one as it shouldn't send out the cached file if the server has a newer one (and it would be another thing we just can't fix on our side sad ).

but it worked before for casey and the other packs you updated sad could you please maybe reset the server somehow delete the cache from the one you said is for speedy downloads .. maybe that would reset mine somehow sad sad ?
what if one of you guys uploads the moddepotcache.xml for me here and i manually replace mine with it maybe it can be reset it that way :S
or what if the modepotcahce is made like the mandatory packs ...

Last edited by Samer (01/21/13 04:01)

#59 01/21/13 04:01

Samer
Website

mm I used this : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2289942 … selfAlways
And used a program that changes my IP address temporarily called HotSpotShield
deleted all the files in the AEI folder and restarted it
Now I got them .. tongue
don't know which step fixed it. (or if you changed something Alloc)

Last edited by Samer (01/21/13 04:01)

#60 01/21/13 04:01

Alloc
Website

Then it must be a proxy cache between you and my server. Sorry, there's nothing that can be done on my side on this.
If AEI recreates the ModDepotCache it is correctly downloading a file jsoncache.zip and using the information of it. If it actually did download it from my server directly it would get the same (updated) data that everyone else got. As it seems it does not get it from my server it must be loading it from a proxy cache which may be outdated. And no one has real control over what those proxies are shipping sad
The only thing that could work is to instruct those proxies not to cache that file. Did add an appropriate setting to the server, can't promise this will work though.

(And no, it can't be made a package as packages can only be queried if the client already *has* a ModDepotCache as that's where the information for AEI comes from on what packages exist and where to download them ... typical chicken-and-egg problem wink

Edit: Seeing that you got the new data is good smile Hope it'll work for you in the future too.

Last edited by Alloc (01/21/13 04:01)

#61 01/21/13 04:01

Samer
Website

yay .. hope so too big_smile

#62 01/21/13 04:01

Samer
Website

... I spoke too soon .. after an exit and re-run it got the old modepotcahce back and the newer changes disappeared (severed disappeared again !)
anyway AEI itself can be made to not download from proxys ? or anything I can change in my computer to prevent it from downloading from a proxy ?
and can it be made that it compares date and never downloads an older one to replace the newer one :S
I want to cry sad

what if we go back to the first method that took 15+ for me ? since no one else was hugely affected by the speed .. would that solve it ? I'd rather wait for a long time than not being able to see updates at all.
can it be made to download the cache regularly ? (for mandatory packs it needs the cache to see if they're newer .. but can't it be programmed to download the cache from your server without needing a cache.
or last thing would be for you guys to regularly upload the xml somewhere to the depot every week or month for example and I'll manually download it and replace mine and make it read-only.

Last edited by Samer (01/21/13 05:01)

#63 01/21/13 05:01

Alloc
Website

Uploaded a new version, now also tries to prevent caching in the request. Before trying that one please try the old one first and see if you get the new data the old way and directly after that try the new one (so we know if it changes anything or was just working that moment anyway) wink

#64 01/21/13 06:01

Samer
Website

tried the old one : didn't work
tried the newer one : mmm did anyone ever tell you, you're awesome tongue ? it works ! big_smile.. I hope it stays that way ... I'm gonna stay optimistic ^_^

Last edited by Samer (01/21/13 06:01)

#65 01/21/13 07:01

s10k
Website

Regarding the explorer problem, I've tried another program which opened the explorer using java on my old computer but it also crashes on my current one. So I believe the problem in my side I will do some research regarding it.

#66 01/21/13 17:01

EdT
Website

Here are my files to fix the dashing cutscene bugs: http://edt.oni2.net/temp/42000DashingAI.zip

Fixes:
level 6: Muro and men dashing up ramp to VTOL
level 10: TCTF chasing Konoko down last power conduit in ACC -- one gets stuck on wall and the other blown away. (I don't know why the TCTF stops momentarily, it might be the TRAM, there is nothing in the FILM code for him to stop)
level 19:Griffin and his men show up, and run past their marks

I had to manually modify the FILM files, so it won't be exactly as the original, but close enough. For Muro I used the FILM recording feature in Oni, (Dev mode F9), converted the saved_film000.dat file to XML, then to .oni file.

Hopefully, the timing will work on PCs.

EDIT: Tested AE Installer 2 v.99  worked fine on Mac OSX 10.6.8

Last edited by EdT (01/21/13 18:01)

#67 01/21/13 18:01

Iritscen

Great, thanks EdT!

#68 01/21/13 23:01

Iritscen

About the ONVL/ONCV issue, I think it should be fine to just make it mandatory after all, so I will work on that as I assemble the core packages for the AE on the Depot.  I will leave the impacts in 23900 and add to those 7 packages a dependency on 23900 and an incompatibility with Exploding Barrel (I know it's not a popular mod, but it's really a tech demo, and a useful one at that, so I want to leave it up).

#69 01/22/13 00:01

EdT
Website

How do you want to handle updates to Onisplit?  For example I got the latest version 0.82 today.  Where should I post it?

#70 01/22/13 01:01

Samer
Website

Iritscen wrote:

About the ONVL/ONCV issue, I think it should be fine to just make it mandatory after all, so I will work on that as I assemble the core packages for the AE on the Depot.  I will leave the impacts in 23900 and add to those 7 packages a dependency on 23900 and an incompatibility with Exploding Barrel (I know it's not a popular mod, but it's really a tech demo, and a useful one at that, so I want to leave it up).

thanks ^_^
btw if stunned throws fix and jewel fix are to be made core fixes as well they also can be removed from character-additives ^_^

also, i hope it's not too late for this request :$ can we add "Particle" as a mod type on both depot and in the AEI ? (breaking glass, custom chenilles, exploding barrel etc .. can be classified under it as they are classified as "Other" now.)

Last edited by Samer (01/22/13 01:01)

#71 01/22/13 04:01

Alloc
Website

EdT wrote:

How do you want to handle updates to Onisplit?  For example I got the latest version 0.82 today.  Where should I post it?

I don't know if the old node is gonna be kept ( http://mods.oni2.net/node/38 ), if so that's one place. The other one is updating the Onisplit-AEI-package ( http://mods.oni2.net/node/227 ) with the new exe smile

Samer wrote:

also, i hope it's not too late for this request :$ can we add "Particle" as a mod type on both depot and in the AEI ? (breaking glass, custom chenilles, exploding barrel etc .. can be classified under it as they are classified as "Other" now.)

This got nothing todo with AEI, just the Depot. So it's never "too late" wink
-> Irits decision.

It's time for bugs and ideas on how to improve the GUI now wink

Just any suggestion is welcome (though I'll check what can and should be done, won't promise that every suggestion will be implemented)

#72 01/22/13 06:01

Samer
Website

I like the gui as is smile i think it has everything we need now and displays it very well.

only suggestion i had was to keep user's prefered order when exiting.

Also maybe a new icon for the program (with higher resolutions) ... would be nice ^_^

edit 1: just remembered i wanted to ask if 2 mods that are incompatible are checked what happens ? I haven't been able to test that.
Also there was talk about rating a mod and popularity but i guess that depends on download counter which is buggy on the depot.

edit 2: when mandatory packs are updated i suggest it informs the user somehow that they've been updated ... Example after it launches it says onisplit has been updated to the latest version. (still automatically updated but we know that it's been updated .. ) important for modders and onisplit for example as new features are sometimes included or bugs discovered.
Also for onisplit in particular i suggest keeping the old onisplit node with the different versions (we might need them one day, we have actually needed them at times for troubleshooting) and have another node for the latest mandatory onisplit, later when another onisplit is released the older one can be moved to the old page with the others and the newr page updated with the single newest onisplit. The older page can't be seen unless someone goes to the depot page directly so no risk of users downloading older ones.

Last edited by Samer (01/22/13 07:01)

#73 01/22/13 07:01

Iritscen

Adding a Particles category sounds like a good idea, I will probably do that soon.

Also maybe a new icon for the program (with higher resolutions) ... would be nice ^_^

Huh?  The icon should already be at least 256 pixels, right Alloc?

edit 2: when mandatory packs are updated i suggest it informs the user somehow that they've been updated ... Example after it launches it says onisplit has been updated to the latest version. (still automatically updated but we know that it's been updated .. ) important for modders and onisplit for example as new features are sometimes included or bugs discovered.

I agree that a message should be displayed.  I haven't actually talked with Alloc about this yet, but I'd also like to have the mandatory (core) packages displayed somewhere in the AEI.  They could be in a separate list with no checkboxes (or checked and grayed out so the user can't change them).  This would allow the user to see the version number of each item, as well as all the other info that we associate with a mod.

Also for onisplit in particular i suggest keeping the old onisplit node with the different versions (we might need them one day, we have actually needed them at times for troubleshooting) and have another node for the latest mandatory onisplit, later when another onisplit is released the older one can be moved to the old page with the others and the newr page updated with the single newest onisplit. The older page can't be seen unless someone goes to the depot page directly so no risk of users downloading older ones.

This is exactly what I was going to suggest too.  Although really, if older OniSplits are doing some things better, that's probably a regression and I hope Neo is notified when we become aware of these issues.  Really we should never have to go back to an older version to get something done, but, since that's been the situation in the past, let's keep the significant older versions at node 38.  Whoever has the latest version can put it on node 227.

#74 01/22/13 10:01

uroboros

Alloc wrote:
It's time for bugs and ideas on how to improve the GUI now wink

Could someone post a screenshot of the new AE GUI, for the members who haven't got a chance to try it yet :>

#75 01/22/13 10:01

Samer
Website

@ Iritscen I mean a new icon (with higher resolutions) as in a newer icon with different look like maybe different styling of the letters A and E and maybe a small ''2'' or something that also has higher resolutions. But it's not necessary at all, but since it's a fresh start with everything i thought maybe the icon could be also renewed instead of using AEI 1 icon tongue maybe VR or Bozzman can design something new smile  (artsy suggestion, not a necessary one)

i agree with mandatory being shown but greyed out .. Maybe they can be shown under a separate mod type .. (mandatory or essential) like weapons and the others have their drop down menu .. Or like the tools that have a separate menu and dialogue box ..
also, though i think this would be a bit difficult for alloc .. When there are dependencies .. Example crazy casey by leus and casey by me.. When one checks crazy casey .. If possible casey should automatically be checked and greyed out till crazy casey is unchecked .. As of now it does install casey if a crazy casey is installed but it doesn't show casey checked ... Also this is just a just a suggestion, not necessary if it's more trouble than it's worth.

And in the about dialogue maybe add a link ot OCF directly ..

Last edited by Samer (01/22/13 11:01)

Board footer