Oni Central Forum

A forum for the Oni community

You are not logged in.

#26 01/20/13 10:01

Iritscen

Re: AE Installer 2

Okay, that file attachment limit seemed to work when editing or creating mod nodes, but it also made some existing attachments disappear (even on single-file nodes), so I changed it back to the way it was.  There's apparently no easy way to limit the number of attachments, so I think for now I will just add a warning to the site instructions.

Check out the Anniversary Edition Seven at ae.oni2.net!

#27 01/20/13 10:01

Alloc
Website

Samer wrote:

I'd rather keep it as a collection as it's meant to have fewer characters than all of them combined (less outfits) for those who don't want the whole thing ... the size would be much larger if all packs are downloaded individually

That's one good point you got there wink

Samer wrote:

but please for now can you add the dependency or restore the character additives to it ? (particularity the impacts and oncvs) ? as for now it's not functional .. if someone downloads it now it won't run ... It doesn't say he should install Character Additives nor does it include it :$ sad

I don't expect anyone downloading that package just within the next few hours wink
But anyway we can add an note on the description. It's better than uploading a new package every hour just cause we moved other packages around wink

/EDIT:
It would be a good start though if you could make a list of which packages require what parts of char-additives (as it's hard to guess wink ). So we can later on add the required dependencies if any instead of adding all parts of char-additives as a dep to each character package.

Last edited by Alloc (01/20/13 10:01)

ONI2.net, link to just any important resource-pages about ONI.

#28 01/20/13 10:01

Samer
Website

ok a note would do for now ..

Last edited by Samer (01/20/13 10:01)

Join our Oni Facebook Group
Check My YouTube Channel for my Oni Videos.
Check My Wiki page for all my stuff

#29 01/20/13 10:01

s10k
Website

Script_10k wrote:

Not sure if it's a bug or a todo function: Open Edition folder doesn't work here.

Could you please try again and send me the aei_output.log (and if it exists aei_error.log).

AE Installer 2 0.94
JarPath:   C:\games\Oni\Edition\AEInstaller
PrefsPath: C:\games\Oni\Edition\AEInstaller
DataPath:  C:\games\Oni\Edition\AEInstaller\packages
DownPath:  C:\Users\home\AppData\Local\Temp\oni_aei\downloads
TempPath:  C:\Users\home\AppData\Local\Temp\oni_aei
ValidPath: true
Platform:  WIN
Architect: X86
.NET:      true
OniSplit:  true
Globalized:true
Free space on temp: 236 GiB
Free space on Jar:  236 GiB

Took: 1880 msec

Application just freezes when I try to open something in explorer. Other java applications (made on java 1.6) work ok.

Also the .exe/.dll/daodan include in the current AEI, sometimes just run on background (Oni.exe) after I close it.

There's also some wrappers for Windows/Mac OS out there that check also for the VM like this one:
http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/

However I didn't checked if it does the same for .NET/Mono so probably would be better to custom write one.

#30 01/20/13 10:01

Alloc
Website

Script_10k wrote:

Application just freezes when I try to open something in explorer. Other java applications (made on java 1.6) work ok.

The log seems to be Ok (no errors). What does actually not work though? Does it open the explorer when you right click on a mod and select "Open folder" or is only the started explorer not behaving as it should?

Script_10k wrote:

Also the .exe/.dll/daodan include in the current AEI, sometimes just run on background (Oni.exe) after I close it.

That's a problem of the daodangl too. Please add the following to your daodan.ini:

[Patch]
usedaodangl=false
windowhack=true
Script_10k wrote:

There's also some wrappers for Windows/Mac OS out there that check also for the VM like this one:
http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/

Yup, know about that one. That also makes the binary (jar) platform dependent though. I prefer the installer solution as it also checks for the right installation path and you still just have the plain .jar inside later on.

Script_10k wrote:

However I didn't checked if it does the same for .NET/Mono so probably would be better to custom write one.

Didn't get that one as AEI does already check for .NET.

Regards,
Chris

@Samer: Edited my previous post wink

#31 01/20/13 10:01

s10k
Website

Sorry indeed I was not sure if it checked for .NET.

Thanks for the ini configs.

About the explorer problem, it doesn't open explorer at all, the app just freezes (opening edition or package folder), maybe adding a try catch around that code? Not sure if the problem is my JRE. But I have re-installed it at some days too.

#32 01/20/13 10:01

Samer
Website

/EDIT:
It would be a good start though if you could make a list of which packages require what parts of char-additives (as it's hard to guess wink ). So we can later on add the required dependencies if any instead of adding all parts of char-additives as a dep to each character package.

Casey, Shinibot, Hayate, Hanako, Golden TCTF, Hasegawas, BGI characters (Agents, bots, hammer) , Kojiro, Grey Fury require the ONCV and ONVL part. only casual tankers, reg-tanker, fem-blackops and jesters don't. (those who don't need it already don't have a note saying they do in their description and mod.cfg and depot description btw)
Grey Fury, Hayate, Hanako, BGI characters, require the impacts part as well...

stunned throws and jewel fix is not mandatory (they're bug fixes for ONi in general and can affect custom characters as well) it can lead to bugs for casey, kojiro, golden tctf, jester and BGI bot in their throws (plays 1 part of a throw and the tgt from another throw) if not present.

but as I pointed out ONCVs are finalized but impact files may still get updates, therefore I didn't ask to make impacts mandatory like the ONCVs and TRAMS ..

Edit : in the AEI list ... can you add a feature that when you press the letter on the keyboard it jumps to the mod that starts with that letter ? just noticed it's missing.

Edit 2: did you guys figure out the cover taskbar issue in Win7 for bink32 ? Alloc and Iritscen you said different causes tongue

P.S : Open explorer works for me ..

#33 01/20/13 10:01

Samer
Website

mm is it normal that I still don't see Severed Packs in my list ? (you meant I have to wait 3 minutes ? if so it's been more than 10 mins since I made the change tongue) and I still don't see it in the list.

#34 01/20/13 10:01

Alloc
Website

Script_10k wrote:

About the explorer problem, it doesn't open explorer at all, the app just freezes (opening edition or package folder), maybe adding a try catch around that code? Not sure if the problem is my JRE. But I have re-installed it at some days too.

If there was an error it shouldn't freeze but just print an error to the log wink
Extended the catch to just catch everything, you can try with the freshly uploaded jar. But I assume there's a different problem. Btw, which version of Windows are you running it on?

@Samer: Thanks for the list, that's helpful smile

Samer wrote:

but as I pointed out ONCVs are finalized but impact files may still get updates, therefore I didn't ask to make impacts mandatory like the ONCVs and TRAMS ..

Why shouldn't stuff that get's updated be mandatory though? OniSplit does also get updates still it's mandatory wink
Mandatory is stuff that is almost always needed. So if those fixes (I don't really know about what that stuff does as I'm not really into the modding part wink ) are good for Oni it could be that they will get mandatory packages too (as they're also quite small) smile

Samer wrote:

Edit : in the AEI list ... can you add a feature that when you press the letter on the keyboard it jumps to the mod that starts with that letter ? just noticed it's missing.

Good point smile

Samer wrote:

Edit 2: did you guys figure out the cover taskbar issue in Win7 for bink32 ? Alloc and Iritscen you said different causes tongue

Think we both gave the same explanation wink
Just add the same stuff to daodan.ini I told Script to add. That should fix it (at least it did for me).

Regards,
Chris

#35 01/20/13 11:01

Alloc
Website

Samer wrote:

mm is it normal that I still don't see Severed Packs in my list ? (you meant I have to wait 3 minutes ? if so it's been more than 10 mins since I made the change tongue) and I still don't see it in the list.

Well, I do get them listed ... big_smile
Perhaps an error refreshing the list? If it doesn't show up after your next AEI launch please send me the aei_output.log.

#36 01/20/13 11:01

s10k
Website

Nop new version didn't worked either (didn't produce any different log message). I'm running windows 7 pro x64.

#37 01/20/13 11:01

Alloc
Website

Script_10k wrote:

I'm running windows 7 pro x64.

So you're running a 32bit JVM on 64bit Win. Even though I suppose it should still work I never tried that ... Will do so now wink

/EDIT:
Nope, still works as expected sad
That makes it even harder to debug now sad

Last edited by Alloc (01/20/13 11:01)

#38 01/20/13 11:01

Samer
Website

I lost electric power now, won't be able to check for 6 hours.
i'll try the bink32 then, and the list refresh thing ...
For the mandatory thing ... ouh ok tongue don't know why I thought they can't be updated ... They're not particulary useful if you don't have the packs that use them but without them the game would crash and several packs use them ... So i dunno if that's worth a mandatory status or just a dependecy separate pack ...
Mandatory packs are not shown in the list right ?
Dependency packs are automatically downloaded and installed if you select a pack that requires them and they are shown in the list right ?

@script and alloc .. Maybe he needs to update his java platform ?
Btw once i globalized my antivirus asked if i should allow the change .. Maybe you have some security that's preventing it from affecting explorer ? As some antivirus consider it mallicous when an application tries to force explorer to do something tongue

Last edited by Samer (01/20/13 11:01)

#39 01/20/13 11:01

Alloc
Website

Samer wrote:

Mandatory packs are not shown in the list right ?
Dependency packs are automatically downloaded and installed if you select a pack that requires them and they are shown in the list right ?

Yup, exactly. And mandatory packages are auto-updated on startup.

Samer wrote:

@script and alloc .. Maybe he needs to update his java platform ?

It could be a bug in Java itself which doesn't show up all times. But that probably wouldn't even be fixed by an update as I found quite recent statements about such problems. Will see if I find any more information on that though.

#40 01/20/13 11:01

Alloc
Website

@Script: Could you please download the current jar (uploaded 17:30) and execute it on a console by:

java -cp AEInstaller2.jar net.oni2.aeinstaller.SimpleOpenTest

That should open your Edition folder if you put the jar in the right place again.

#41 01/20/13 11:01

Samer
Website

Sorry to interrupt can mandatory packs have custom numbers ? If it's made mandatory can it keep 23900 number or would have to be in the 0000* like onisplit.

#42 01/20/13 11:01

Alloc
Website

Nope, mandatory are <08000.

#43 01/20/13 11:01

Samer
Website

Mm ok then it won't work for the impact part to be mandatory ... As they'll get overwritten by higher number packs that modify same files.  so a dependency will later have to be added for some of the character packs which need the impacts part.
Good luck with script's problem

#44 01/20/13 12:01

Iritscen

Sorry, we just don't have the familiarity with this stuff that you do... why would packages be supplying their own impact files?  What are these files doing, is this just for adding glass-breaking to moves, or more?  Maybe you can spell things out for me a bit more.

#45 01/20/13 13:01

s10k
Website

Alloc wrote:

@Script: Could you please download the current jar (uploaded 17:30) and execute it on a console by:

java -cp AEInstaller2.jar net.oni2.aeinstaller.SimpleOpenTest

That should open your Edition folder if you put the jar in the right place again.

Didn't worked java runs but freezes. I have uninstalled and installed JRE 7 again but didn't worked. I will do the same with JDK soon.

#46 01/20/13 13:01

Alloc
Website

Hm, weird. Don't know what it could be then sad
We'll see if anyone else reports that problem later when I publicly release AEI wink

Last edited by Alloc (01/20/13 13:01)

#47 01/20/13 13:01

Samer
Website

Ok first off sorry for being vague and for talking about this on AE installer thread, I realize I'm over-talking about my mods when there are other issues you're still working on.
@Iritscen
The impact files : (bare with me it's a bit complicated)
when i made grey fury i gave her custom hit impacts, (the flash effect when a super move hits a character, blue for striker, purple for konoko ) since her move contrails are green i also gave her green hit impacts.
For hayate and hanako same thing but they're orange.
For bgi hammer the electric attacks use custom hit impacts (modified from mutant muro, have different color and damage) which also had to be listed in that big impact file that lists all impact effects. (kinda like having to add oncvs to onvl) bgi bots also use the green hit impact.
not having these impacts causes game to crash, when the hit connects with enemy and the tram calls for the impact but it's not found.

Now the issue was all of these had to modify that 1 file .. However for example when grey fury was released hayate, hammer and hanako and hammer and bgi bots weren't made yet, so the impact file that comes with grey fury's package doesn't have link to hayate's and hanako's orange impacts. It also has a higher number than hayate's pack. Therefore when i released hayate it included the new impact file which has the orange and green links but it was overwritten by the older impact file in grey fury's pack. So end result is impact file that doesn't have link to the orange impact and result is crash when hayate's or hanako's hits connected and called for the ornage impact that is not listed in the older one. Same applies to hammer And bgi bots which require newer hit impact file to list its newer impacts but has a lower package number than hayate, hanako and grey.
Solution was for me to isolate the impact file into a separate pack with a number higher than all of them so it can overwrite the older impact files.and then they'll all use this one impact file that is small in size and i can update when necessary to support the old impacts and any new ones.
Thus it's in the character additives 23900 (higher number than all my
character packs). Otherwise i would have had to go back to all the older packages and redit them with the new one each time i updated and asked users to redownload them.
However if you make it mandatory and give a 000 number .. It will get overwritten by the older but higher numbered impact files in grey fury, hayate, hammer, hanako packs .. We could go back to these packs and remove the impact files from them .. However i'm not the only one who modifies impact files, there are other packs that modify impact file that could overwrite it when its number becomes 000* such as Exploding Barrel and some custom weapon packages. 
Therefore what I suggest is :
*have the oncvs and onvl mandatory like we said before then i can remove them from character additives and the custom character packs (15+ packs) won't need to be reditied to add dependency for the oncvs as they'll be automatically downloaded anyway since they're mandatory.
*have the impact files stay in 23900 character additives and removed (or kept won't make a difference) from grey fury, hayate, hanako and hammer and bgi bots and add a dependency to character additives to these packs and to smp-characters. (i'll do that or specifiy which files should be removed)
*oncvs and onvl don't cause problems with other packs nor do they get overwritten that's why they can be made mandatory with no problem or compatabiility issue, but for the impact it's better to be made another pack and have the 4 packs that use it have a dependency on it and then i can add the incompatible with flag to it (ex incompatible with exploding barrel or certain weapon packs that also modify the impact file)
*once i make a new character pack that uses a newer impact i'll update the small 23900 pack with it and the new character pack will have a dependency on it so it'll be automatically downloaded.
P.s : i'll modify the impact file later for planned characters with energy based attacks ex rayman, apollo, mutant konoko's ..

Now if you want to make it mandatory it'll make my life easier since i'll guarantee it will be autoupdated but you'll have to remove the impact files from the packages  that can overwrite it. For example ditch exploding barrel tongue if no one uses it. Or the impact of exploding barrel can be combined with mine, making it also mandatory which could be annoying to players who want to use the characters but just don't want barrels to blow up or vice versa.

I'm also ok with keeping oncvs and onvl and the impacts all in 23900 character additives and neither made mandatory, but you'll need to help me reupdate almost all the packs to add a dependency to 23900 (those that need oncv are more than those that need the impact)
i apologize but really if i had fast internet and i could gurantee that the power won't cut while i'm uploading i won't trouble you with that.

Last edited by Samer (01/20/13 13:01)

#48 01/20/13 14:01

s10k
Website

Tools work fine. Can you make all dialogs open at center like the main program?

#49 01/20/13 15:01

Iritscen

Heh, thanks, that was a good explanation, Samer.  I forgot about hit flashes and contrails.  If you're okay with the ONCVs/ONVL not being mandatory, I think it might actually be best to keep them at 23900.  We'll be happy to help you update the mod info for the dependencies (and also for any conflicts you're aware of; I only remember hearing about Grey Fury vs. Exploding Barrel, but it almost sounds like the Barrel will conflict with all your custom-impact mods, won't it?).

If you don't have anything else to tell me about this issue, then I'll try to make the time this afternoon to add 23900 as a dependency for the mods you listed earlier, and test it out in the AEI.

#50 01/20/13 16:01

s10k
Website

btw I can save and load selections (using the program explorer) it's weird that the problem only appear when opening packages folder or ae folder.

Also when installing mods can you specify which mods are being downloaded (and if they are dependencies)? For example when I was downloading old china it automatically downloaded samer's mega pack, but I didn't noticed it at first thinking that was a bug.

Last edited by s10k (01/20/13 16:01)

Board footer